Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Mitch McConnell had a debate with his opponent Amy McGrath. When confronted with the fact he’s been blocking Covid relief bill after bill since May he only laughed at it. Repeatedly.

Massacre Mitch laughs at the thought millions suffering from financial insecurity.
Background Pony #617D
Columbus was the first person to both discover and come back alive, simultaneously, with the record/knowledge of the fact that not just (the continents of) Europe, Africa, or Asia exist on the planet.

This is a basic fact of both world history, human history, and geographic history that practically everyone in this thread who has taken all 12 years of their legally mandated, compulsory education should have down, by now, and the fact that this does not appear to be the case at all—after having read the comments that were posted in this thread following the second-to-last one that I posted just hours earlier—is just both baffling and disturbing to me, especially when considering that the vast majority of users in this thread are likely years older than me.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Ereiam

The problem with that approach is that you’re gambling both on your opposition having a less attached base (#NeverTrump republicans in this case) and your own base tolerating/not being alienated by your watered-down policies that aim for bipartisanship.

The democrats tried that in 2004, and it failed big time. If Bush 2 [allegedly] stole the election in 2000, then what does it say about John Kerry when Bush 2 wins fair-and-square in 2004?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I think the biggest takeaway from the second day of Barrett’s confirmation hearing was Lindsay Graham, Professional Girlfriend, spent a sizeable portion of the questioning to…cry about his opponent outraising him. And asking oddly pointed questions to the possible SC justice on what she’d do about campaign finance laws.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Ebalosus

Allegedly nothing. It all came down to Florida in 2000, and the Supreme Court ordered the recount ended early just in time for Bush to be ahead. A later finished recount found that Gore did in fact win Florida. Bush is the first and only president to lose both the popular and electoral vote.

2004 is an easy explain as both the incumbency advantage and the War on Terror kicking patriotism into high gear, pushing Bush’s approval ratings to the 90+ mark.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
He’s not wrong that Citizens United is a total load, but it was “conservative” judges like the one he’s rushing to confirm who voted to throw open the dark money floodgates.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Background Pony #6BAE  
If I told you that was a non-sequitur, would you be smart enough to know what I meant? Probably not.

You’ll probably utilize the full power of mental illness and reply again, so I’ll say this… next time pay attention when posting your white supremacy.
Background Pony #C806
@Background Human  
I think Citizens United was a great decision, had it gone the other way around you would be granting the federal government more authority to ban books, something that is pretty illiberal, even the ACLU sided with Citizen’s United. Of course it is important to note that the ACLU’s amicus brief’s focus more narrow.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Biden has recently said he’s “not a fan” when asked about court packing.

…that’s still not a yes or a no.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide