Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #BE79
On a different note, I’ll continue to reiterate what I mentioned earlier about being distrustful about politicians in general.
Remember: no matter how good or bad or beneficial or dangerous that they may be 99% of them on the whole, these days, or never to be blindly, trusted, an hour, to always be held to scrutiny, no matter what side of the coin they are on.
Yes, even if more on the other side need to be held to more scrutiny over actions they have done, it still doesn’t change the level of scrutiny that the other side should be held to, if the both of them were otherwise equal in terms scrutiny levels that they deserve, which is automatically very high, by default.
Nobody who is truly savvy about politicians in general, how things go down in practice, and have gone down in practice should ever lose sight of that.
@Background Pony #BE79
You seem to misunderstand me. I don’t trust most politicians, but at least use legit reasons. Her forgetting to tell her secretary to stop deleting old emails doesn’t point to anything malicious when she cooperated with the investigators otherwise from my understanding.
Another thing that you and others seem to also forget is never blindly take a politician’s word for anything, either.
This is exactly the same kind of mistake that Americans made when they trusted how the government handled Vietnam, when they reelected Nixon, and when they put their face until Washington over the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan, and the War on Terror.
If anything, the old Cold War adage absolutely needs to be followed every single time: “Trust, but verify.”
It really is the only way, no matter who else or what organization tries to scream otherwise at you, at the top of their lungs.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #BE79
OK, do you have any evidence that Hillary was fighting the investigation and was intentionally deleting evidence? Because we have a lot more of Trump doing that, and as far as I’m aware he’s the only one who says that they were deleted on purpose (and at one point that the government was looking for them at his mansion when he was being investigated for stealing government documents). Sorry, but if the only one saying it is a known liar, I’ll have a lot of doubt on that claim.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
If anything, refusing to trust anyone with power is how we get flat-earthers and claims of vaccines causing autism or are microchips that are controlling you and the like.
Background Pony #BE79
@Background Pony #BE79
OK, do you have any evidence that Hillary was fighting the investigation and was intentionally deleting evidence? Because we have a lot more of Trump doing that, and as far as I’m aware he’s the only one who says that they were deleted on purpose (and at one point that the government was looking for them at his mansion when he was being investigated for stealing government documents). Sorry, but if the only one saying it is a known liar, I’ll have a lot of doubt on that claim.
Again, you failed to understand anything that I say because trust is earned. Not entitled to or bargained for.
It’s on people like Hillary, entirely to actually prove to them that she didn’t do anything not by telling them, but by actually showing them.
Show. Don’t tell.
If anything, refusing to trust anyone with power is how we get flat-earthers and claims of vaccines causing autism or are microchips that are controlling you and the like.
See above.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #BE79
So you are saying to trust Trump instead? Because he’s the only one saying she was hiding something, and he’s one of the last people I’d trust. Again, think outside of “they have power so I can’t trust them.”
Background Pony #BE79
Protesters who were blocking the road during a “die-in” solidarity with Palestine event claimed a man ran through their protest intentionally. Here’s a video of the protesters mobbing the car of an elderly man who they say tried to run them over and shoot at them.
These are the exact same scum-of-the-Earth lowlifes who attempted to burn down Minneapolis three years ago in their unrestrained and unjustifiable reaction to what happened to George Floyd.
Since then, they have used that event as an impetus to continue to carry out such pettiness-motivated, terror against innocent civilians, whenever and wherever they could in any demonstration, possible.
And I’ll be damned if that scumfuck criminal who is running for city council candidate is never held accountable for his actions, here.
Background Pony #BE79
@Background Pony #BE79
So you are saying to trust Trump instead? Because he’s the only one saying she was hiding something, and he’s one of the last people I’d trust. Again, think outside of “they have power so I can’t trust them.”
I can almost hardly believe that this is what you infer out of someone saying in the clearest of terms to essentially trust no one blindly who’s involved in politics in the same way that a politician is, of which, yes, Trump technically has been one, since 2015,
So yes, that automatically applies to him by default, as well, in that you shouldn’t trust him.
(I’ve got a very strong feeling that up to this point, anybody who’s read any one of my comments that’s falsely assumed that I was supportive of him, with no justification to do so, is essentially going to look at this, and pretend as if I actually do. But hey, to each of their own.)
Any further questions?
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #BE79
Than why ignore what we know simply because one guy says so? It’s called using what we know to come to a conclusion. Hillary was investigated and little to nothing was done afterwards. Trump was investigated and is now looking at the real possibility of jail time. It’s dumb to imagine that the government is protecting the former’s reputation while not doing the same for the latter, who was actually president and not just ran for the position.
Background Pony #BE79
@Meanlucario
How do you know if she was investigated thoroughly?
I know Trump was investigated thoroughly, and rightly so.
It’s dumb to imagine that the government is protecting the former’s reputation while not doing the same for the latter
It’s even worse and a hell of a lot more dumb to assume that there is absolutely no situation that the government ever would do this if it could, regardless.
And considering what happened during both the Trump presidency and this presidency, you should absolutely never buy into the idea that such corrupt actions could never happened, and will never happen.
I know that more likely than not, we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree on that matter, yet there really is no excuse for anyone else here to pretend that it’s wise to have blind faith in the government, when it comes to holding any of its own elite in positions of power accountable.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
It’s on people like Hillary, entirely to actually prove to them that she didn’t do anything not by telling them, but by actually showing them.
I hate Hillary Clinton but you are literally asking her to prove a fucking negative
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Ok, first, /PublicFreakout is hardly a reliable source for news.
Second:
• The elderly man was not “brutally attacked”. There were no injuries reported and no one was arrested.
• The protesters were, in fact, protesters from the local prayer gathering at the capital.
• The driver did, in fact, drive through the crowd and that is what incited the incident.
• The shooting that happened today was in an entirely different state and has nothing to do with this protest.
deliberately incited to do so new potential candidate
• And yet the video shows the candidate telling people to back off of the car that drove through the crowd while he is trying to talk to the driver, and there’s no indication in any of the available video that shows the candidate inciting anything.
You appear to be propagating lies and misinformation. Please go touch grass.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Because I am fair, an example of liberal stuff annoying me.
Having to edit meeting minutes to remove “him and her” and replacing all of it with “their, and they”. Even in direct quotes.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #BE79
Also, why would they cover for her? Vietnam was to try to make the USA look good and in the right. I fail to see a reason to defend Hillary. Trump was actually president, but he was blasted by the government for holding onto government docs and refusing to hand them over, so I fail to see why they wouldn’t do the same to Hillary if she did the same thing. Even if she had top-secret info (the stuff the government can’t take to court as we learn with the Trump investigation), they would very likely still publicly disown her for her actions and not cover for her.
This is like someone was found guilty for murder with solid evidence but they go “no you” to the prosecutor and now you refuse to accept that the murder did the crime.
Background Pony #4ED3
How much criticism does Biden deserve for not condemning Netanyahu’s actions against Palestinians in the months before the Hamas attack?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
In an ominous sign for Republicans, abortion and education are topping charts on voter concerns in the lead up to the general. Economy is still number one, but it always is and VA voters are split on who best handles that.
The important one is always the number two, which in this case is abortion, followed by education.
Abortion remains largely popular in VA, with sound majorities either favoring the laws stay the same, or get even more loose. Youngkins compromise idea of a 15 week ban is proving very unpopular, especially in NOVA. Youngkins school policies are also proving to be unpopular in the suburbs.
Republicans have managed to somewhat close the gap on mailin and absentee ballots, as well as early voting. Still, Dems are banking far more. The biggest early vote totals are in strong Rep districts and are being filed by recurring voters. Which while not bad for reps won’t really help them flip competitive or blue districts.
Chaos in DC continues to vex NOVA GOPers who worry that the disfunction will cut off the inroads they made in places like Fairfax and Henrico, home to many government workers.
If dems manage to clean sweep in the general it would definitely bode ill for Republicans in 2024. VA also has a whole host of local elections for everything from school boards to sheriff’s. The GOP managed to dislodge a few of during the last elections but dems still held a pretty strong advantage from years of good local showings. If Republicans stumble, dems would have a chance to rebuild lost local infrastructure and maybe even eclipse it.
Which would effectively paralyze Youngkin until the next election.
ValenceWubs1738

The House Republicans nominated a moderate in the form of Emmer and already 20+ MAGA RINOs are announcing their plans to vote against him. We’re now at the stage where we see how much House Dems are willing to try and push their luck by refusing to guarantee a center-rightist speaker in the vain hopes of trying to get Jeffries in. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that at least a number of them are willing to gamble Ukraine aid on being able to say they elected the first black Speaker of the House. (That wasn’t speaker pro-tempore)
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’m betting they’ll split their caucus, allowing the progressive wing of the party to vote Jefferies and the establishment to vote Emmer, but only after a couple of rounds of voting.
Give them a chance to draw it out, make the right look further incompetent, and then swoop in and save their asses when it looks like the far right is sinking them again. They also likely want Trump and Co to get more invested in beating Emmer, and then vote out of spite.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide