Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

A new study has found that since 1988, school segregation by race has increased by 64%, and economic (rich v poor) segregation has increased by 50%, a trend of which I was already well aware of. In addition to increased segregation between white and black students, it’s also happening with Asian and Latino students.
Two things are driving this trend, per the study: The rise of the “School Choice” movement to use public funds to send children to private schools, and the end of court oversight over school integration efforts.
I’d known for a while that “School Choice” was a Trojan horse for the eventual abolition of public education, but it really should have occurred to me the degree to which it could also be used to re-segregate schools.
Background Pony #7120
I’ve yet to see a paper straw perform even remotely like that. Most of the time the bottom is already disintegrating by the time I’m done eating. And I eat fast.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Yeah I got a box of the quality stuff. They each can last you days if you clean them right.
Get the cheap stuff meant to be disposable and you’ll be lucky to last the meal.
Background Pony #1D40
@Background Pony #7120
All paper straws I saw were flimsy like this. It’s because unlike paper cups, they aren’t coated in polymer. This means you can compost them with clean conscience. Not sure about recycling them with other paper; at least my local guidelines state that wet paper is unsuitable for recycling.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Background Pony #1D40
Wax is technically a chemical (unless beeswax), so yeah to be green they can’t be coated with anything. And in the case of metal straws, I don’t relish the idea of cutting my tongue or lip open on them, so I’m glad plastic straws are legal in my state (honestly I should get a lifetime supply of them beforehand in case some federal law is passed. I regret not stocking up more on incandescent bulbs).
Background Pony #1D40
And in the case of metal straws, I don’t relish the idea of cutting my tongue or lip open on them
They are thicker than plastic ones and rounded. Or did you manage to somehow find ones with sharp burrs, which are a guaranteed lawsuit generator?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I have a set of metal straws I bought from Target.
They’re not sharp at all, clean easily, come in a variety of sizes (I have one big enough for boba tea), and they have the neat bonus of conducting the cold, which is quite pleasant on hot days. Particularly nice for mixed drinks. I’ve got a short one that fits nicely in a rocks glass, perfect for an old fashioned.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide