Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Georgia’s DA Fani Willis soared to a re-election, winning just shy of 90% of the vote. Likewise the judge presiding over Trump’s case in Georgia also set to win re-election.
Of all of Trump’s trials, the Georgia Election Interference case is increasingly seeming to be the only one with real consequences for him (thank you Rico Law. You provide justice and cough relief). So it’s nice to know that the people handling the case won’t be replaced with possible stooges.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Remember when I was speculating about the possibility of Russia’s involvement in the recent vandalism of that Shoah memorial in Paris? Looks like I was right (article’s in French, but it confirms that the authorities identified the perpetrators as Bulgarian nationals — in all likelihood backed by the FSB, like the Moldavians who did the stars of David back in November — who took off for Brussels shortly after committing their act).
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Commune
In response to this, Bluesky regular Elad Nehorai posted “Part of what makes it hard to convince people how dangerous Trump’s authoritarianism is (and it very much is) is that Biden keeps doing things that reveals how much authoritarianism already exists within our system. For example, supporting a fascist warmonger over dead children.”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The next UK general election finally has a date, with a snap election being called for July 4th. A rather auspicious choice of date.
Background Pony #F6E5
Yeah, I agree with how ironic it is that the UK government would put the snap election on Independence Day when it comes to the formation of the US.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I normally don’t use Twitter as a source anymore, but this thread from Judd Legum appears to have receipts, so I am sharing it.
In essence, a federal judge has made a bombshell ruling urging the courts to overturn the doctrine of “qualified immunity,” which bars citizens from suing law enforcement officers. It is a key enabler of a lot of police violence, and getting rid of it is a crucial step for any lasting police reform.
The thread goes into the details of the specific case the judge ruled on.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Haley endorsed Trump.
I’m actually rather surprised it took her this long. I figured a week or so after she dropped out that she’d have start towing the line.
Here we are almost in June and she’s only now doing so, and not at some major announcement either. Just kind of off handedly at a small q&a gig.
Background Pony #1D40
@CaptainXtra
So encrypted chats are still going to be banned? And uploading everything to some server is even worse than client-side scanning, don’t they see that?
If they allow text-only chats to be encrypted, but not media, I can see apps encoding everything into base64.
Background Pony #D717
@Zincy
The real question now is where those “never Trump” voters are going to go, or of they’ll just fall in line like her.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@igotnopicks
Other possibility is that she was not entertaining any delusion that he’d want her by his side after opposing him so frontally at first, but then for some reason she felt the wind blow in the other direction.
Background Pony #3A56
I heard that Senate Republicans have once again blocked the border security bill.
At this point, Democrats should make this part of their campaign, arguing that at least they’re actually trying to do something, while Republicans just want selfishly to play power games.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
TL;DW If Trump wins then Alito and Uncle Thomas is all but assuredly to retire, granting Trump the chance to pick 5/9 SCOTUS Justices. If Biden wins then both of them may or may not keep their seats, but with their advanced ages they can only keep pushing off so many presidential terms before they pull a Ginsberg and die on the job, thus if Biden wins and a Dem wins again in 2032 then that 8 year period makes it likely their seat(s) go to a liberal.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Why do they do these things? Because they’re stupid.
From what Google is telling me, it’s a symbol of authority (because they’d usually be judging the peasants, I guess) and simply hasn’t been updated in centuries. Then again, America is the only place that’s tried a spelling reform; British English still has vestigial ligatures that need eliminating, and it uses s as /z/ more than it actually uses z.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide