Waifu Thread

drumpowa

@Carcass Strife

@HeroInferno

full

C’mon, sit down. I need examples. Who are they?

I forgot my example. Holo from Spice & Wolf. Her half haughty, half playful/teasing personality attracts me so damn much. So I’d never feel inadequate compared to her because my attraction to her actually makes me confident, you know?

@HighRollerHydra  
@HighRollerHydra

I’m referring to waifus as they are as if they were actually real. No personality manipulation.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@drumpowa  
I know more relativity than my astrophysics professors. I mean, that’s not their specialty, and that’s a statement on my knowledge, not their lack of, so it’s not too their discredit at all…

But it’s not Twi’s specialty, either, so I’m willing to bet I’ve got an upper hoof on her in at least one area I could babble on for many hours on, so I think I’m set xp

Hmm, more generally on the thread topic, I just remembered that my first waifu was actually… I think Katarra from Avatar. I don’t think I had another until Twi. There are plenty of fictional characters I really platonicly loved, but I think these are the only two I’ve ever crushed on / wanted that kind of relationship with.

Twi easily wins, though. Actually living with her would be waaaaay more compatible with my personality than Katarra.
HeroInferno
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Finally a Red Mage
@drumpowa  
(2 hours isn’t too late for a reply is it?)

I got a lot of waifus, you want me to go through all the reasons for each one or pick one specific waifu?
drumpowa

@drumpowa  
Let me make an addendum to my question. Your waifu actually exists in real life. And you have the knowledge of her personality. Do you take the plunge? Because our waifus aren’t magically our waifus. Would you make the effort and would your waifu reciprocate your love platonic or romantic.
HeroInferno
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Finally a Red Mage
@drumpowa  
I’m just gonna go with one for now since its getting late for me, and I’ll go with Cerea from MonMusu.

What makes her so attractive to me is her chivalrous nature, shes a very good swordfighter, loyal as anything, super protective of those close to her, and while shes normally level headed, she gets flustered pretty easily and when shes flustered shes just so damn adorable. I miiiiiight have a chance with her if its a good day for me, but I honestly would not bet on it, since I am pretty unsure how well she and I would get along, I’d try my damndest to get at the very least become friends with her though.

Oh and shes also half horse so there might be some cultural differences.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Sciencepone of Science!
@HeroInferno  
full

Just played through her part in pacifist run in Undertale. You were describing her, right?

@drumpowa  
Choosing not to would effectively be suicide.

Not living life / your dreams for fear of failure.

Not only would I, but I hold the view that my waifu is just a set of traits that I’m looking for in a girl, so I actually pretty much plan to.

I mean, I don’t expect them to be Twilight - that would be unhealthy and she’s a fictional character that might not even work irl (well, of course she wouldn’t. We don’t have magic, Celestia, or actually-powerful royalty any more, all of which have significantly impacted who she is).

So instead I just ask: what is it about her that I love?  
-Values rationality and critical thinking above emotion (will talk things out calmly as opposed to arguing)  
-Kind  
-Maternal side (see: Spike, treatment of)  
-Loves learning  
-Filly at heart (see: Look Before You Sleep)

Adorkable is kinda sitting on the fence for me as a requirement vs. Added bonus.

But while Twi may be fictional, those traits aren’t.
drumpowa

@HeroInferno  
You have good taste in monster girl. She and Rachnera are my faves. 5 and 9 in my Top Waifu list respectively.

@drumpowa
Choosing not to would effectively be suicide.
Not living life / your dreams for fear of failure.

While I’m not implying everyone here would go that route. It was on my mind as far as this fandom having large amount of introverts.

Not only would I, but I hold the view that my waifu is just a set of traits that I’m looking for in a girl, so I actually pretty much plan to.

Ditto.

I mean, I don’t expect them to be Twilight - that would be unhealthy and she’s a fictional character that might not even work irl (well, of course she wouldn’t. We don’t have magic, Celestia, or actually-powerful royalty any more, all of which have significantly impacted who she is).
So instead I just ask: what is it about her that I love?
-Values rationality and critical thinking above emotion (will talk things out calmly as opposed to arguing)
-Kind
-Maternal side (see: Spike, treatment of)
-Loves learning
-Filly at heart (see: Look Before You Sleep)
Adorkable is kinda sitting on the fence for me as a requirement vs. Added bonus.
But while Twi may be fictional, those traits aren’t.

I don’t think anyone except for the most shut-in and deranged expect a waifu carbon copy IRL. Just create a tulpa.

Also, you could still supplement some fantastic TS traits for the real world. (Magic = Science, Powerful royalty mentor = High ranking governor/mayor/senator, etc.) Not exactly 1:1, but close enough.
Cirrus Light
Economist -

Sciencepone of Science!
@drumpowa  
Politicians. Ehck. Our world doesn’t have a Celestia to appoint her to things based on her actual ability, so irl high positions usually mean politician.

I totally dig scientist, though. “Love to learn” was one of the criteria. If someone really loves to learn, then they’ll have learned a great deal.
Virgil Stormblade
Thread Starter - The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
@HighRollerHydra  
There’s the original Japanese version of Glitter Force. Most people say that’s better. I forget what it’s called so you’re gonna have to ask trashboat for the name, but I think the original version’s called Smile Precure.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide