Wrestling thread

Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Takeover finale tonight hope they make a great farewell to Adam Cole BAY BAY who is rumoured to be leaving after possibly in the main roster or joining AEW.
Background Pony #5471
CM PUNK Rules the Pro Wrestling Realm & got the whole Internet in the Palm of his Hands, man as AEW wasn’t Fun to watch already, with this Man now going forward being on AEW TV, the Shows are MUST SEE & CAN’T MISS everysingle Week eeyup! :D

#CMPunk #CMPunkIsAllElite #AllEliteWrestling #AEWonTNT #ImWithAEW #BestInTheWorld
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Not a great Summerslam two great matches Edge vs Seth Roman vs John Cena but my god RAW had So many bad matches eve vs Bliss MINUS 5 STARS

Oh, come the fuck on. How can the show be minus five stars when two of the three main matches delivered? Not to mention that both were the longest matches of the night. There’s being negative, and there’s just spouting idiotic hyperbole.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
There’s nothing wrong with not liking a show. But saying a show is minus five stars even though you say two of the matches were really good? That is fucking stupid.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Tonight really feels like the end of an era for NXT. Not just for Adam Cole, but for the brand as a whole. I’m excited, but also really nervous as for what lies ahead.
Background Pony #5471
Hopefully Adam Cole (Bay Bay!) does the right Thing & will become All Elite….prays with Determination

#AdamColeToAEW? #BayBay
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
AEW Rampage did over 1.1 million viewers. During the CM Punk segment, over 1.3 million people were watching.

Given Rampage is a show that airs at 10:00 on a Friday, that is insane.
Background Pony #5471
Man! CM Punk’s First Appearence on AEW Dynamite this coming Wednesday should be a damn Interesting One yeah! :D

#BestInTheWorld #BITW #sXe #AEW #AllEliteWrestling
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
If Rampage, a show at 10:00 on a Friday, can get over 1 million viewers, then I think Dynamite this upcoming Wednesday can legitimately get more than 1.5 million.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
“Oh boy. That CM Punk segment sure was a needle mover. I wonder how they’re gonna capitalize on it for Dynamite.”

Proceeds to book Eddie, Mox, Darby vs The Wingmen and The Factory vs Gunn Club

“…

Well, then…”

In all seriousness, those two matches should not be on TV. Those are matches you’d see on Dark or Dark Elevation. At least with the Factory match, it’s furthering the Paul Wight storyline. But Eddie, Mox, Darby vs The Wingmen? Should be a fun match, but none of them are feuding.

This really feels like a step back for AEW in the wake of CM Punk’s debut. It’s like they booked a mediocre card for Dynamite knowing that it’s gonna be the highest rated show regardless. But my bone of contention is if someone new does tune in wanting to see what all the hype is about in the aftermath of Punk’s appearance, how would this card excite them in any way? You have other matches like Malakai Black Vs Brock Anderson, and again, not really a big time match.

I’m not saying the whole show should be filled with marquee matches. That’s not what I’m arguing. I just feel in the wake of the CM Punk debut, you should have one big match to market around, and you don’t really have that. There are 6 matches scheduled for Dynamite this week, including the three I just mentioned, Jamie Hayter’s first Dynamite match in almost two years, Varsity Blondes Vs Lucha Brothers, and Matt Hardy Vs Orange Cassidy. And that doesn’t feel like what the card should be.

I assume the main event will be Matt Hardy Vs Orange Cassidy. And for most weeks, I would have felt that that is a suitable main event. But this is AEW’s first show since the Punk debut. They should really go all out knowing that their audience might be the highest it’s ever been. I mean, last Dynamite had a tag title match and Jericho Vs MJF. Those are two very high profile matches. And you can’t have at least ONE high profile match, be it a title match or a battle of big named stars? It almost feels like last week’s card and this week’s card should be reversed, the only thing remaining the same being the QT Marshall Paul Wight segments.

Overall, I’m still confident Dynamite this week is going to do real well in the ratings. But for a show coming off the heels of CM Punk’s debut, a return that was 7 and a half years in the making, it feels like AEW is doing the bare minimum. I mean, I know Dynamite will have a CM Punk promo, but you shouldn’t bank the whole show on that hook. You’re almost reaching WWE levels of arrogance.

It just feels like a huge mistake because they’re on such a roll at the moment. I really hope this show doesn’t grind the momentum to a halt. It probably won’t, but why take the risk?
Background Pony #5471
AEW Dynamite tonight with CM PUNK making his First Dynamite Apparence, should be pretty Interesting heh!

#AEWDynamite #AEWonTNT #AllEliteWrestling #ImWithAEW

Knowing that Punk is just only the Beginning of Wrestlers coming to AEW, it’s Crazy Times to say the Least, can’t wait to see Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole(hopefully), Ruby Soho & Windham Rotunda mhm…. :)
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I really think they fumbled the booking of Malakai Black tonight. First he goes and kicks Arn Anderson, and Arn blocks the kick. Which I’m sorry, unless this is building up to a match between Malakai Black and Arn Anderson, Arn should not be blocking the new guy’s finish.

Second, Lee Johnson comes out and Malakai Black powders out the ring. If it was Lance Archer I’d understand, but Lee Johnson? The guy who last we saw of him lost to Miro?

Malakai Black should be booked as a world beater. A world destroyer, if you will. Not a chicken shit heel. He should not be a schoolyard bully who picks on people and flees when confronted. And if he was to flee, it shouldn’t be Lee Johnson of all fucking people.
Background Pony #5471
The Standout Highlight of AEW Dynamite this week was of course the CM Punk In-Ring Segment interviewed by Tony Schiavone, a damn Fantastic Segment & the delightful Tease(& Inofficial Confirmation) of “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson coming in was the Cherry on Top heh! :D

#AEWDynamite #AEWonTNT #AllEliteWrestling #CMPunk #BryanDanielsonToAEW?
Nodqfan

@Holofan4life

Gotta agree I personally would’ve put the Malakai Back/Brock Anderson as the opening match instead and put the Varsity Blonds/Lucha Bros in the main event as that was the best match on the entire show. I also would’ve taken out the two six-man tag matches as they really didn’t add anything to the show either and maybe even put Allie/Tay Conti in an impromptu match on this show instead.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
A report came out today saying that once Jim Ross’s contract with AEW expires, they’re gonna transition him from the commentary desk to a backstage interviewer type role. Which begs the question: who takes Jim Ross’s spot?

I wouldn’t be surprised if AEW takes Chris Jericho out of the Rampage booth and have him take JR’s spot. I don’t exactly think that’s a wise move or anything, but with Tony Khan saying Rampage isn’t forever going to have a four man booth, coupled with the fact Jericho might be retiring soon, maybe his appearances on Rampage is to gear him up to take Ross’s role on Dynamite.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide