Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
So, plan is to show both artist credit and upload credit, up top, artist on left, uploader on right (if different from artist). However, before that, the plan is to move back uploader credit, but with time first and badges removed. Additionally, metabar being spaced out should help that whole area look better by being less cramped. This is a WIP mockup: full
WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
@Princess Luna  
Just to clarify, what does it look like when the artist is different from the uploader? Your mockup appears to credit the upload to Sweetie Bell3, and I’m not sure if that is the uploader or the artist just by looking at that. I approve of this idea, though, I was thinking of suggesting the same thing. And thanks for posting a mockup, this makes it a lot easier to discuss.

Oh, and for those of us who like using the keyboard shortcuts (like S for source,) one more couldn’t hurt. If the artist name up top is a link to the artist tag, could the A key be a keyboard shortcut for that? I dunno how many times I’ve seen an image I liked and immediately wanted to see more from the artist. It’s a little thing.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@WingbeatPony  
It is meant to communicate “Uploaded [timestamp] by …”. The artist presentation will take some development so is still very speculative at this point, and we’re still collecting feedback.
Lead Pie
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

This is a box.
@Princess Luna  
Sounds like a good idea, but I’m not sure about the exact layout/spacings yet.  
I think I’ll give my feedback once it can be tested out. Might prefer the size information on the lower row since it can differ in character count/length quite a bit.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Tag-Bot
@Princess Luna  
I’m really not sure about removing Badges from the uploader info. Since you have cases such as Duck badges. Or the badges that are specifically for people uploading well. Which would now not be visible.  
And it’s also hiding the artist badge. Which, yeah. Is already covered by their name then appearing on the left with their tag. But still feels like a loss. People like the little pictures.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Oh hey, I just noticed that the forum info at the top of forum pages is smaller now, and the user dropdown icons for stuff like Watched and Favorites are different now.

Was this just rolled out, or am I just really slow to notice these things? …I’m betting the latter.
Rainboom Dash
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Rainbooms4Ever
@Princess Luna  
IMO extra spacing just makes it look worse…

This is with 150% zoom PLUS 150% scaling

https://i.imgur.com/mXJd242.png

This is with 67% zoom PLUS 150% scaling (effectively 100% zoom)

https://i.imgur.com/8mLNmRk.png

Most of the time I browse the site at 150% zoom PLUS 150% scaling due to that it takes full advantage of the high pixel density thumbnails… but… yeah… it just looks silly to me… but one guy’s opinion out of many…

I’m not exactly quite sure what is being accomplished with these changes…. but, personally, I liked it a lot better how it was like a few days ago

But, again, just one guy’s opinion out of many… I guess it mostly looks silly to me with all the extra space just not being used… if it was all just one big bar of space that’d be one thing… but… with it split up between icons like that…

I probably just have to get used to it

Okay… showing the 100% zoom image was kind of silly…. as I don’t know if anyone would browse the site with it looking that small… but even the 225% zoom [150% zoom, 150% scaling] (the top one I linked) looks ridiculously spaced out to me…

Okay, I changed my mind… this isn’t just something to get used to… it’s actually much worse.. even with 225% zoom
Rainb0wDashie
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Zeb

What I want to know is why the hell is everything in the bar above the image so spaced out now? The picture you linked under ‘raises hand” is how it’s supposed to look but now there are giant gaps between the nav buttons, rating buttons, etc; like it’s set relative to screen size or something.

I really want to know what this designer is doing, what they think they’re trying to accomplish, because everything they’ve been doing so far is just terrible. I’m actually getting angry about this now. What was so wrong about how the image page was before they that felt the need to go and mess everything up? I mean, sure, they put the top bar back the way it was with the uploaded information on top but it’s like they just couldn’t resist messing something else up.

Somepony tell them to stop!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide