How do you feel about AI art on Derpibooru?

deactivated115986a46

I filter it, but it’s the only thing currently allowed that I think should be removed from the site entirely, and it’s the only thing I filter for that matter. “WTF”, grimdark, babycon, and similarly-tagged stuff are still x1000 better than anything AI: both morally and in terms of aesthetics. We shouldn’t normalize the destruction of artwork. This is the type of shit they described in dystopian fiction novels (synthetic music boxes in Brave New World and/or 1984).
Background Pony #D322
@Parallel Black
Looks like that’s too much work for him. So I’ll repost
**Copilot is theft of coders. **
It didn’t take long for copilot to start effecting their workforce, firing people who aren’t as effecient as copilot.
GPT is theft of writers.
Just like SD comitted artistic plagerism scraping GPT did the same thing to writers. You can find a ton of Aiwriting being used to gen garbage flooding publishers for a quick buck the same as SD users gen slop for quick and cheap effortless comissions. And this affects journalism as well with gen’d garbage articles used in clickbait.
SD is theft of artists.
The ones with integrity will never touch it, and has caused artists to either protest or leave the communities over it. Dave Rapoza leaving MTG is the latest major ripple. But countless others will become demotivated or never pick up art because of this poisonous idea being given a free pass that they’ll never be as good as something generated.
Every time a new model comes out, or a new card comes out the theft is compounded since it becomes easier to fool the masses getting closer to the real thing. Thats all AI is at the end of the day, deceiving people into thinking it’s as valuable as genuine work, when maybe 1% of actual work is required.
LoRAs exist right now to steal artist identities, and there’s nothing to stop anyone from making another the SD community encourages theft. Purpsmart has long been doing this, and the latest version just obscures who it’s stealing from under generic terms like Bing image creator does. There’s no way to co-exist when it’s very origin and use are destructive and demoralizing to the communities it’s forced into.
The fact is ALL ML use is theft if you include anything beyond your own works, meaning no other artist data images to rip off. But nobody uses it this way, so AI users are infact techno theives and they don’t like being reminded of this. It is completely unethical and should be banned outright from any creative community, as it’s taking advantage of things that would otherwise be illegal if they tried it in another more protected industry like music.
Parallel Black
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party

@Background Pony #D322
Good stuff, and good additions/edits, too. There’s a lot of useful info here that people could do with being reminded of, especially about image generators hiding which artists they’ve stolen from. No genuine attempts to fix the problem were ever made; the major generators simply (and in some cases very ineffectually) prevented users from entering artist names as part of a prompt and left it at that.
I forget which company/generator it was that made Twitter’s trending tab for this, but people very quickly found that you could simply misspell the artist’s and it would work exactly the same, bypassing the supposed fix.
Background Pony #D7C6
Here’s the current AI upload rate from the past ~12 months
Not sure if you’re still keeping track of it, but has the upload rate continued to increase? I was just wondering about it again now that another month has passed, and I certainly feel like it’s still going up.
Background Pony #D322
Deletion reason: Rule: #6 I'm deleting it because you're drawing attention to what you claim to be an issue, so maybe don't give it extra publicity.
Parallel Black
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party

@Background Pony #D322
Since you’re now being accused of “”””“fearmongering”””””—which is a word that specifically refers to situations where there is nothing to be afraid of—can you post a link to the LORAs in question, as evidence they exist? If people are training them on pony artists without permission, then it is absolutely in the public interest to know about that, and well within the limits of the topic of this thread regardless of what moderation thinks.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Parallel Black
4chan exists, as I’m sure you know, as do sites dedicated to AI models. If you want to find shit, go ahead and search the dumpsters, no need to spread it around elsewhere. Nevermind that those things have existed for well over a year, just seems like someone rediscovered something obvious and thinks they’re a genius…
Background Pony #D322
Astralite (creator of Pony Diffusion) and the Purplesmart discord specifically encourages LORAs to steal from artists. You’re enabling it by pretending it isn’t a problem, looking the other way when it’s gotten worse than ever.
Some LORAs already existed, but this is a twofaced action of pretending to support artists with the new models removing them from PDv6 prompts with many artists requesting opt out, while backstabbing everyone in the background with creations of creator LORAs anyways to skirt around the opt outs. This is the face of the Ai”fandom”
@Parallel Black
I did post about the LORAs to raise awareness of it and it’s been deleted by the derpibooru mods. So I’m considering that this site is hostile to artists by taking a neutral stance to technically legal plagiarism.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: This topic is over.