Naming Background Ponies Thread!

M29S5
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

1. Greyleaf Heliotrope, Crystal Hag

12. Blue Bushel, Blue Green, Apple Harvest, Harvested Goods, Ripe Harvest, Ripe Apples, Harvest Goods

19. Alexie Gravy, Alexis Gravy, Erika Gravy, Dream Hallways
20. Alexa Gravy, Alex Gravy, Nightmare Hallways

29. White and grey griffon: Grumble, Uncle Genesis, Grandpa Genesis, Grange

31. Track Runner (G4), Jogtrot, Jog Juice, Lavender Laps, Joyous Jog, Joyful Jog, Brisk Run

32. Blue hair white body pegasus stallion (left): Sky Chariot, Golden Wing
33. Blue hair white body pegasus stallion (right):

42. Liberty Chains, Loath Service, Leeway, Terror Struck, Masked Marauder,Red Marauder, Marauder,Tomahawk, Devil’s Advocate, Stealthy Spike, Ruby Mask
Named but without a tag:
M29S5
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Dragonpone
Thought that, too. The show would provide a name for her eventually. She’s rather important character.
But to have the names in one place:

Heliotrope Truedream
Heliotrope Stardream
Heliotrope Starscout
Ikat Stardream
Sunbeam Shinescout
Sunlight Glitter (G5)
Stardust Rainbow
Sundream Shine
Starsun Dream
Star Sundream
Ikat Stardream
Heliotrope Stardream
Heliotrope Truedream
Heliotrope Starscout
Velvet Starscout
Sunbeam Shinescout
Lavender Rainbow
Rainbow Mist
Lavender Rainbow
Rainbow Mist
Chopsticks
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
@Dragonpone
Thought that, too. The show would provide a name for her eventually. She’s rather important character.
Fluttershy’s parents were never named. If we hadn’t gotten a name for Sunny’s mom in a 6-min episode short by now, we will likely never get one, at least not soon. It took 7 seasons for us to get Bright Mac and Pear Butter.
And Sunny’s mom has gotten tons of fanart, so she’s got several images hanging without a tag. The purpose of the naming thread was originally to make sure such popular characters recently appearing in the show could get an official name tag quickly.
I understand the wait for seeing if Hasbro will release a name for us, but at this point, waiting a little longer won’t be productive. They would’ve given a name by now if they planned to.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@Chopsticks
Fluttershy’s parents were barely relevant in their own episode; Sunny’s mom has played a part in the current story arc. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee that we’ll get a name, but aside from the aesthetic of a nicer looking tag, we lose nothing by waiting until the Skyros chapter is closed to see if she gets name-dropped. For the most part, characters who seem like they will be given canon names in the near future had been left alone until that point.
It’s not like it’s something that needs to be rushed, in any case. At worst, it’s just giving the community more time to settle on universal fan names if it comes to it.
Also you could make a solid argument that Mr. and Mrs. Shy were proper names, or at least just as proper as a character like Ms. Harshwhinny. It’s how the Cakes are named after all. My own eagerness to give ’em names in their original naming poll suggestion was fueled in part just because distinct names made tagging their ships easier.
And even Flutter’s parents were only given those names years after they appeared.
Chopsticks
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Rice pone
@Dragonpone
I logically disagree with every single point.
Fluttershy’s parents were pretty relevant in the episode, but debating that could go on forever. Most of us were also pretty eager to finally see them.
My point being we’ve had characters who were very relevant and/or desired and we didn’t even see them for quite some time.
When a character of note was named, we didn’t wait long like this for Sunny’s mom. So if she were intended to be named due to her importance, we would’ve gotten one by now. So it’s a logical assumption she’s never getting one from Hasbro, or we might wait several seasons.
Mr. and Mrs. Shy were at least applicable names to a degree, and except for shipping tags as you say (which was rare outside just the two) they sufficed, and they were titles used in dialogue I think. That’s not the same as “Sunny’s mom” which is practically unacceptable for a character with nearly 100 pieces of fanart already. When we got around to deciding on the name tags it was only because it was clear we weren’t getting any names.
It’s not like it’s something that needs to be rushed, in any case. At worst, it’s just giving the community more time to settle on universal fan names if it comes to it.
The reason the naming thread exists at all is to do exactly this: quickly apply a name tag to a character, particularly a background character, who appeared on the show. Mildgyth even suggested if a particular character needs to be expedited to mention it. Lots of us artists and other fans actually depend on Derpibooru tags precisely for a name, even outside the site. I know people who aren’t members who keep an eye on the site for the sole purpose of seeing the tagged names of characters and memes so they know what to call them in title.
Like if I drew a piece with her in a situation or other characters, I’d have title it “Sunny’s Mom and/in”… Especially if the character really is so important [that we’re actually just going to sit around and wait for Hasbro to name her,] this seems unacceptable.
We had a horrific tagging war and screaming arguments pop up everywhere regarding Pacific Glow, which as I recall prompted the voting. So if we want to talk about not being relevant in an episode and getting or not getting a name, the naming thread exists outside that.
However,
There is a valid point that, we technically already have a searchable index to the character (due to her relationship relevance with Sunny), and therefore from that POV her maintaining the “Sunny’s mom” tag for awhile under that pretense would make sense. (As compared to Pacific Glow or a popular background character without the same relevance, or worse could not even be separated easily from other characters due to grouping like dancers).
But as Sunny’s mom has been popular, several of us have been waiting for her to get a Derpibooru tag. The wiki gets tired of waiting sometimes and they pick their own name, but wiki users check here first.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I’m years behind both shows at this point, but what does Sunny call her in the episodes? Isn’t it just “Mom”? Therefore, in accordance with the legal precedent set by the Fountains Of Wayne ruling, she should stay tagged as sunny's mom unless/until she either gets namedropped onscreen or the season/show ends without having named her.
Also are any G5 staff on Twitter? Someone could maybe ask one of them, “Hey, is Sunny’s Mom going to get a proper name by the end of this story arc, or should we go ahead and make up one of our own?”
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
More suggestions needed:
#1579:
Greyleaf Heliotrope, Crystal Hag
?
Snooze Lose
?
#1583-1585

Female Griffon: Gruyère
Grey Griffon: Gridle
Cream griffon: ?
?
?
?
Mangrove
Blue Bushel, Blue Green, Apple Harvest, Harvested Goods, Ripe Harvest, Ripe Apples, Harvest Goods
?
?
?
?
Cactus Water, Blue Oasis
Muddle Blud, Mud Mortar, Mud Shower, Iron Dandy
Speedy Old Wonderbolt:
Posted Report
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide