Season 8 Episode Discussion [Spoilers, possible leaks, rumours etc.]

rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
I hate myself for believing that Sludge was actually Spike’s father through most of Father Knows Beast. I started getting suspicions halfway through, but I kept telling myself, “Surely they wouldn’t do something that stupid.”
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I think Season Eight’s greatest strength is that it focuses on things that give a show longevity.

The problem with morals is that they end stories. The moral is delivered at the end of the story. The character learns a lesson, and they’re expected to take it to heart and never make the same mistake again. But that’s not how people work, and that’s not how you keep a story going.

The biggest thing that stood out for me in Season Eight is that the characters felt much more relatable than normal. Weird as it is, I found Fluttershy’s coping mechanism in Fake It Till You Make It relatable. Surf and/or Turf and A Rockhoof and a Hard Place hit me right in the feels. Horse Play was right up my alley. My friend found The Parent Trap relatable. Rarity’s OCD in The End in Friend reminded me of why I found her so relatable. Even Yakkity-Sax is a remarkably accurate portrayal of depression.

I think this is because events are, for the most part, driven by what the characters want or how they feel, rather than by the moral the episode is designed to teach. That’s probably why it’s my favourite season.
rdibp
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
@PonyPon  
Adding to that, it’s also disappointing how we never really got to see the rest of the Mane 6 teaching in classes. The only times we saw them teaching was in School Daze and Marks for Effort. Pretty much every time the students were being taught something in class, it was by Twilight.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@rdibp

I do appreciate that what we saw Twi teach was mostly history based stuff.

Despite what one would think after hearing about the school, the season tried to steer mostly clear of actually showing classes that flat out taught social stuff. Most of what we see of that is in MArks for Effort and End in Friend (where the lesson went off the rails, and needed heavy improvisation to bring it back around). It’s interesting because that side of stuff is what would look the most condescending and childish.

Considering the school was a Hasbro mandate, it was like the writers were somewhat aware of how lame the school would look if they focused on that side, and kinda tried to write around it where possible, or else didn’t play it completely straight.
Background Pony #61F4
I’m worried the S9 premiere will be disappointing. How are they gonna cram Sombra, Tirek, Cozy Glow and Grogar into 1 hour?
Background Pony #BBDD
My guess is turek and cozy will be the S9 premire. Chrysalis will be mid season again and Grogar if he is in S9 will be the finale with everyone in Equestria & beyond teaming-up to stop him.
Background Pony #BBDD
Didn’t they already confirm that Grogar was in the season 9 premiere at SDCC?

Nope. No official outlet has ever mentioned Grogar or S9 being the last or G5 or oh so many rumors this fanbase likes to state as facts.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide