The Equestria Girls General Thread

JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Does anyone know if (and where) Coinky-Dink World and Good Vibes summertime shorts are available on Hasbro’s YouTube channel? Because I can’t find them. This playlist does not have them (it also lacks a few other videos, but I was able to find the missing ones through this Wiki page) and I can’t find any other relevant playlists.

I have low-res blurry copies of those two, but I’m trying to dig up HD versions. The only copies of those two shorts I can find are what others have uploaded… after slapping ugly watermarks on them. I’d prefer the originals.

All I need are the video IDs.
Background Pony #6C11
@Deon Miller
mine is less romance. while they did improve in 4 i really don’t think there’s room for it in the specials.

Romance isn’t a bad thing, they are teenage girls they are gonna have crushes on other girls/guys, that’s part of being human, sorry. I for one hope to see some solid romance and not just teased at stuff.

But yes I too wonder what happened to The Dazzlings, they need to return. Also more development for the slowly building supporting cast in general, more human CMC, Trixie, Shadowbotls, Wallflower and give the human versions of the royal sisters and cadence some solid character development time. Is human Cadence still married to Shining or are they just dating? Would a human Flurry Heart also be an unholy handful!? XD

Also would love to see Human World Tempest or SkyStar down the line.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Quick question for the EG fans.

I’ve watched the first three movies, but I haven’t seen the fourth one because, by the time it was announced (summer 2016), I got really tired of it. But now I’d like to give it a watch without expecting anything, I just wanna have fun without being nitpicker as I was during season 6 of Friendship is Magic.

I’m assuming it will be focused on Sunset Shimmer and the geek version of Twilight, which is something I’d like to see.

Any thoughts about that film?
Background Pony #2493
@Ring Team  
To me, it was the second-best of the four TV movies, and greatly showed just how much EqG had grown by that point. It mixes thing up with a unique setting, and is probably the most visually creative.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I almost finished watching Legend of Everfree, but I have a question: Why is Spike talking like Spike from the pony universe/dimension? For what I remember, in the third movie Twilight has Spike who wasn’t a talking dog. Is there something I’m missing?
ApplejackFan204
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Awesome dude
@Ring Team  
In the third movie, Twilight used a magic pendent to suck out Fluttershy’s magic and opened a portal where a jackalope came put and Spike chased it. And he was blasted with Equestrian magic that made him talk ot something. It was stupid.
Ring Team
Artist -

So I’ve finally watched Legend of Everfree. I kinda like it.

I’m glad that the songs are much better than the songs from the other films, which sounded like generic pop songs from the radio, specially Rainbow Rocks. With the exception of the Sunset song and that one from the credits, every song sounds creative and entertaining. My favourite song might be the one with Twilight.

It has funny moments like Rarity on that climbing wall and that “she looks… taller” quote. You don’t see it coming, so because of that the film has moments that were funny.

It has some problems, like that stiff animation that EG film always have, which is a pity. When you compare this animation to Friendship is Magic’s one, you think it could have been better. And the story was kinda predictable. I think I knew that red girl was the final villain because the other films had a mutant girl as a final boss. Two times, it’s a coincidence. Three times equals a pattern. After that you kinda see some predictable moments.

btw, I think Twilight and that guy would work as a couple if their dialogue wasn’t that awkward. Even for a kids film I have the feeling that they deserve a more believable dialogue. They talk like a couple from a generic romantic film would talk. Besides, he’s kinda cocky with his lamp design. Another problem from the previous sequels is that some of the dialogue are just “remember that moment?” quotes, which makes the narrative a little tedious, just a bit.

Besides, is it me or does the villains look like DeviantArt OC’s made by League of Legends fans with these black eyes and magical stuff?

Despite its problems, I think it’s an ok film. It’s also nice that the characters have supernatural powers that makes the scenes more creative. It could have been better, but it’s ok. I can’t say no to a film that has these nice songs.

Equestria Girls = Legend of Everfree > Friendship Games >>>>>>> Rainbow Rocks

By the way, the reaction of the villain at Rarity’s spa at the ending of the film is priceless. Her expressions are just too funny. xDDDD
Background Pony #60EF
@Ring Team  
You think Gloriosa being the antagonist is predictable?  
Wait till you watch the specials (Movie Magic, Mirror Magic) with Juniper Montage.

Forgotten Friendship and Rollercoaster of Friendship (especially the former) truly show the potential of what EG can offer imo. While the latter, tedious antagonist aside.. the way the main cast as a whole except Pinkie was utilized is miles better than every EG movie and special to date.

BTW when was the last time any of the mane 5 was EVER in a starring role in 2-parters (said special is 44 minutes) like AJ and Rarity in RoF? In FiM, it’s always Twilight or Starlight as the central focus except S8 Finale  
Since the mane 6’s importance and presence are minimized due to huge cast FiM has now, EG provides an alternate route with the humane 7.

EG 1/LoE is your best EG movie(S) while RR is the worst? That’s a wildly unpopular opinion if I ever see one when comes to EG.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Background Pony #2AF4  
I don’t have good memories about Rainbow Rocks, sorry. I can give you reasons why I hated that film, but… maybe next time. Or another year, I don’t want to annoy the people who loved that movie.

About the specials, I’m not interested in these, specially Magic Mirror. I only wanted to watch Legends of Everfree and that’s it. But I’m glad that I’ve seen it despite its problems.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide