Unpopular opinion time

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@ice1517

Isn’t that also the one where Twilight Velvet is horribly racist against dragons for the sake of cheap family drama and angst for Twilight?

The fanfic I mentioned also explicitly avoided any shipping. …Well, save for Cadance and Shining Armor THINKING that Sonic and Twilight had feelings for each other even though they actually didn’t and they were both very confused whenever Cadance hinted about it.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@ice1517

Basically, to prop up Celestia as Twilight’s sole mother figure by giving her a strained relationship with her biological mother.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@ice1517

I’ve seen a few fics where, while it’s not the actual main focus of the story, Celestia tells Twilight that she must never forget her birth mother and must continue to love her, even if Twilight does see Celestia as a second mother figure.
VNagato
Artist -

@Jarkes  
This is why I kinda dislike the Momlestia concept a little when it’s with Twilight, yes it’s cute and all, but they seem to reject the existence of Velvet being there at all.
Background Pony #2602
Trixie feels rather different in her season 6 appearances, like the writers wrote her as a different character. In her first couple of appearances she was an asshole and egotistical. Sure not the worst person in the world but she was a bit of a bitch. Then comes season 6 and all of a sudden she’s a slightly snarky everypony with minor trust issues.
VNagato
Artist -

@Meanlucario  
Because most people don’t take it that way, they completely ignore Velvet or push her into dim lights so they can focus on the “perfect” mom-daughter relationship between Celestia and Twilight. From what I’ve seen in the series, Celestia is nowhere near as a motherly figure for Twilight, much less, Twilight seeing her as one. And there’s also that there are rarely more than 2 parent figures for a person unless one parent is not there/gone or just comes in from time to time due to circumstances.

If I have a kid, I wouldn’t share them with someone of a ranking of a teacher, there’s no reason for me to fully enjoy the fact that my child would love another person the same way they should love me. If you had a kid and they said they loved your partner more than you, wouldn’t you feel slightly jealous? Adding a “motherly” teacher into the equation is just weird imo.
EquestrianScholar

Now I am not certain if this is the right place for this, though it is pony related, personally I feel that Kanashiipanda’s art would be much better without Queen Chrysalis. Art and comics with the changeling queen from them tend to be my least favorite.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@RainbowDash69  
To be fair, they make terrible prostitutes, since they feed on love, not lust. An odd misconception, since one is loving someone for who they are, and the other is for what they are.
EquestrianScholar

@Meanlucario  
There are uses for changelings though that could allow for something of a symbiotic relationship… of course this would require presenting something that hasn’t really previously been shown. That of less subtle acknowledgement of orphans and of lost friends or loved ones, in which a changeling could potentally replace.

This allowing those who have suffered such a lost to still have with them those who they care about and allowing changelings the love they need to survive. Especially in the case of foals who have lost their parents and are too young to understand this.
Background Pony #64F7
@EquestrianScholar

That sounds so unhealthy it’s hilarious. No seriously? That’s practically screaming mentally unhealthy and degrades the memory of the one that they replaced.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@EquestrianScholar  
True, but a replacement can only go so far. In the end, the one getting helped can either hate them for trying to lie to/deceive them, accept them for who they are and love them instead of who they pretend they are, or live in their own lie, and never accept the truth.

In the case of children, adoptions wouldn’t be a bad thing, and is the closes there is to a win-win in this scenario.
Tragiclady

@EquestrianScholar  
@Background Pony #B8F2  
@EquestrianScholar  
@Meanlucario  
@ice1517

I’ve had a lot of these ideas sometime after figuring out what changelings are, and before recent story events.

I’ll admit all of us have very very very different ways of thinking. A changeling straight up replacing a dead family member or loved one of mine would bother me to no end. Who knows what would happen once I found out the truth? I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened in some fanfiction.

If after losing a beloved family member/my family altogether a changeling tried to fill the void in my heart with friendship by being the best pony/bugpony they could be. That is something I would be perfectly fine with. After enough time together or helping me feel emotions again, I’d probably feel whatever your definition of love is. People feel the same emotions differently, don’t they?

In some fanart, cross species adoption is a thing. Its better to have weird, but loving parents than no parents, right? Ponies in particular seem to do this a lot :D

@ice1517  
With the changelings I’d have to spend some time getting used to them. And like with anything, meeting a few friendly ones at first would really help shape how I see them overall. I figure in their natural form they would feel and smell somewhat different than normal ponies so I could get an appreciation for how bug-like they really are.

I always imagined if I was friendly or loving to a changeling in their true form, they might appreciate it since it would mean they wouldn’t have to pretend to be somepony else for me to accept them as they are :3

As for stunt doubles, I’ve heard and intentionally forgot a few stories involving them. I wouldn’t be able to put someone at risk like that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide