Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Art is dead? Long live AI

🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Bigcheese
Is V4 available to run locally? I want to make some Fluttershys in the style of Mark Rothko, but the official Purple Smart server disallows dead famous artist names in prompts equally as strongly as living fan artist names.
Posted Report
Victorious
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

If I can put my to cents in…
I think some people, especially those that can’t draw like myself, will use A.I. They’ll upload pictures and say “Wow look at this, so cool”. And I think A.I. art will never match real art. A.I. art always has a flaw: it either has a physical flaw in a character or it always looks fake. I can always spot a piece of A.I. art even before clicking on the pic and seeing the tag. A.I. feels like a guy tracing over several images that already exist and trying to claim it’s an original picture.
Posted Report
FelisAmafeles
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Artist -
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Equulus Discipulus
I think AI allows people whom are not good at painting or creating arts to express their ideas through machines, and the motivation for creating art is to express their ideas. However, I don’t think AI can replace any person who creates art now, but it can be a tool in the hands of the creators …… If sometime in the future, machines emerge with consciousness, then AI has the potential to become an artist…
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Without the legal drama i would be in euphoria right now.
I like to draw stuff the tried and true way sure, but this AI stuff has made my creativity skyrocket like some force from hell. I don’t even have a decent generation yet, but I save lots of this stuff for inspiration.
The generation I did was shit that gave my psychic damage at-first, but it got my brain sparking.
Even with the public modles, I love to articulate, a word based model is 100% lit.

Now legally I’m confused. bot shat out some stuff for me. Is that mine? I dunno, I tend to doubt it, but it’s all saved and for the pursuit of art and higher function.
Posted Report
d1ckbitch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
I save lots of this stuff for inspiration
You’re right, AI is great for suggesting picture ideas. Same thing made YCHs auctions popular, and now you can generate thousands of them in the comfort of your own home, for free, and pick the most promising ones
Posted Report
d1ckbitch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
@OL Kategrin
Voice actors might not like it, it would replace most of their job…
That said, videogames such as Skyrim, with lot of characters speaking, can’t keep using prerecorded dialog lines. Players will want dynamic conversations, will want variety (and not keeping hearing about arrows in knee), AI-generated dialog lines and voice acting cannot not become the standard.
Posted Report
Background Pony #C603
That said, videogames such as Skyrim, with lot of characters speaking, can’t keep using prerecorded dialog lines. Players will want dynamic conversations, will want variety (and not keeping hearing about arrows in knee), AI-generated dialog lines and voice acting cannot not become the standard.
If it becomes a standard, it’s not going to be because of anything the players want. The only time they remotely care about that is when they can attach a microtransaction to it. No, if the industry goes that way, it’ll be for the same reason they make most of their decisions, i.e., because it’s far cheaper than hiring a person.
But then, people already don’t seem to care about the threat these not actually intelligent programs pose to people’s jobs and our overall ability to discern factual information. So what’s one more entire career path thrown under the bus?
Posted Report
Victorious

@d1ckbitch
Now that would be interesting, not going to lie. I mean only having to record maybe 50-70 lines, then getting paid for saying 2-300 lines in a game would be unique. Yes I know voice actors are mostly paid by how long recordings take, but payments could be changed.
Posted Report
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Victorious
If I steal your bike, you no longer have your bike. When I copy data without permission, the original copy remains intact and in possession of its rightful owner.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20CE
@Victorious
You can make a copy of it all you want, and it deprives me of nothing. The part that’s a fallacy here is that you’re using the copy later on to actually deprive me of something real.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide