Pony Muscle Tips?

Art Chat » Pony Muscle Tips? Search Posts
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
Okay, so currently I’m in the process of working on a deviantArt commission which is in two parts: the first part is already uploaded (I would provide a link to it for you guys, but dA is experiencing technical difficulties ATM.), but the second part is where I need help.

You see, the artist who commissioned me has a muscle fetish, and wanted me to draw their ponysona all big and muscular. However I dunno how to pull it off right without it looking ugly and overall unappealing (Certainly don’t wanna disappoint my customers, now do I?). So to all you muscle artists on this site, do you have any helpful tips on drawing pony muscles?

P.S: The image being commissioned is going to be in black-and-white.
Pikapetey
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Quack King -
Duck - Mr. Quackers
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Quack King
you also need to understand how an actual horse is put together and exaggerate it then apply it to the pony model.

here is a tumblr to help you get started with that and it has a lot of refference. HORSE STUFF

Here’s a drawing I did a while ago using that approach.

full
Background Pony #2A77
Please just use horse photos as reference. So many people disregard this.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide