PSA: Please use the Twilicorn tag (Trigger Warning: DRAMA)

The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #E57C  
Maybe I’m only half-kidding…

I wouldn’t touch it until the new upload page goes through, at the least. (ie, it shows implied-added tags before the image is uploaded)

The issue is 3/4ths of the images of Twilight uploaded these days are going to be Princess Twilight. That’s likely only going to increase moving forward. Should the system impose the norm as an exception? That seems backwards to the concept of the implied tags system.
Background Pony #5C9C
@The Smiling Pony  
Well, I have no data to go on, but I at the very least would still like to browse pictures of my favourite pony without seeing pics I don’t want to see. I’m fairly certain I’m not alone there, though we’re in the minority.

You have to decide how much that is worth to you. The thought of missing out on 90% of non-pt Twilight pics makes me sad, though.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The reason I suggested switching to “unicorn twilight” was this too.  
pro:  
  • as mentioned, there are going to be more newTwilight images than oldTwilight. That also means that instead of say, 5 pictures missing a tag, you only have one.  
  • it is one that would fit in the neighsayers heads. I don’t care if someone wants to win this stupid fight in the tags, I just care for proper tagging. If it makes them tag “unicorn twilight” because haha see pt is the real Twilight etc. so be it as long as they do tag it.  
  • it is friendly to rookie users the same way, they don’t need to know an extra rule.

Obviously, it has cons:  
  • need to retag all “ts,~~pt” as “ut”. Not sure if this can be automated. (And then deleting “pt” completely is easy.  
    ~~ everyone who cares will need to change their filters.

But it is still by far the most diplomatic option. Making an announcement like,  
    “hey folks, remember we had this discussion a cople years ago and said we’ll switch when the pt tag catches up to ts? Well that happened so update your filters” - I think people can accept that.

Meanwhile if you make any other change that requires an announcement peeps are going to be like, “why are you even bothering with the tag, die anti-alicorns” or something.  
    Right?  
    —–  
    …Oh, but I’m forgetting that you can still only filter tags but not “negative” tags right. In which case, my whole argument is pointless, it couldn’t be done. I’m kinda curious though, how many users are using that right now?

(Again, I personally only want to be able to search for different versions of the character same as with 80s Cheerilee or Pinkamena or whatever. I have no knowledge about how many people would have a problem with searching for “ut” for ts pics. (Complex filters would solve this.))
Background Pony #5C9C
@Vree  
I keep saying this: making a separate tag for “ut” would mean a lot of people forgetting to tag it, which would mean people hiding “pt” would not see those pics.

I firmly believe that seeing untagged “pt” pics (and quickly tagging them because you care) is far preferable to not seeing pictures you want at all (and as a result being unable to tag them because you care).

The only people who even care about adding the “ut” tag are the ones who would not see untagged “ut” pictures anyway.

And what about all the humanizations/anthros without wings or pictures where her body is covered?

Simply tagging “pt” when you see it is the easiest way to keep everyone happy. I’m really against removing that tag.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Simply tagging “pt” when you see it is the easiest way to keep everyone happy.
The problem is most people don’t care; Twilight is Twilight. The people that care are either dedicated uploaders or obsessive taggers (which are both few) or people that don’t like Princess Twilight (that would be offended by seeing the untagged image).

Would you rather yours be offended or they miss out on a few images? The situation is only going to get worse under the current system, and telling people “cater to my ever-increasing minority” isn’t going to achieve much.
Background Pony #5C9C
@The Smiling Pony  
I really don’t see the problem with the current system. Save for the few images that slip through (mostly on post-episode upload sprees) people do tag pt, or someone else tags it for them. I know because I’m not seeing a lot of pt pics.

I’d much rather people didn’t miss images they’d want to see; how am I supposed to tag ut if I can’t see it? It’s easy to tag “pt” when it’s missing because we can actually see it. This also avoids the problems with ambiguous pics (human etc).

Look at it this way: All pt is ts, but not all ts is pt. Turning the implications around makes no sense. Let the people who care tag what they want. Don’t take their pics away, especially not when there are so few of them anymore.

As for this thread, I don’t think a polite request to help us out is anything bad.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@The Smiling Pony  
OR artists/art appreciators who’d like to be able to search for unicorn twilight still. Because I need a wingless character model, because I want to search for a specific old comic, etc.

@Background Pony #E57C  
It WOULD be, but people are rebelling against tagging “pt” instead of “ts” (which would take the same amount of effort), either because they don’t know, or because they’ve got this obsession with scoring a point for the anti-anti-alicorn side.

There is no ULTIMATE issue with how things are now; most people know it, most people are using it - the ones who don’t know, forget, or are radically anti-anti-pt are also a minority I think. Just expect it that because the volume of princess images is going to stay high, more mistagged pictures will happen. But there’s no neccessary issue with that either.

I kinda think that while the thread was made in good faith it has little chance to actually reach the ones who could use the reminding and are willing (those users don’t probably look at the forums to begin with). So the best one can do is keep the voice down and keep tagging, I think.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide