Quick Drawing?

Art Chat » Quick Drawing? Search Posts
AlbyTree

Hello everyone. I was wondering, since I’m not an artist nor I can draw details and cool stuff, is there anyway to make a quick drawing without putting too much effort in it? I mean, what are the essential parts of the face that must be marked or not(the same as for dresses and hair), what you can “hide” and so on. I know it sounds silly and I hope this is not really a stupid request.
Ponysubmarine

There is no one way to quickly draw. I wish there was. Practice is the best remedy to improve. Trust me, things will only get better. Just draw like hell. Think of it like a work out, all the pain your body feels is weakness leaving the body, so all the faults you feel you make when you draw is just the suckiness leaving! :) I use to draw like crap, but things got better with constant practice. :) I don’t know if this offers any help, but I wish you luck fellow aspiring artist. ;D
luna the great!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Alicorn enthusiast
A full Drawing, or a quick Sketch? Two completely different things. If you’re trying to actually draw something then you can’t just draw it quickly and expect good results.

If it’s just a base sketch then you need the have the muzzle, ears, eyes, mouth… You’d really only need to put the lines for the pupils in the eyes, make sure you put the nostril on the muzzle… Just the really basic stuff, it doesn’t need to look perfect yet, just look like a pony.

I mean, according to what I’ve seen from most artists. They usually do a quick sketch and then use another layer to ink their actual lines. My fist set of lines is my lineart, so it has to look perfect the first time I draw it…
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

It’s really a combination of practice (which you have to maintain constantly) and skill (which is easier to recall after learned once) that lets you make drawings more quickly and with less effort.

I’m not sure why you’d want to purposely hide some parts so that you don’t have to learn them, though. I’m reminded of this one comic where a girl finally learned how to draw a face from a certain angle. So she made a comic where every character was always drawn from that angle. Obviously she got called out on that because it was really obvious. I’m not sure why you’d want to cripple yourself like that. Draw everything you want, even if it looks bad.

One could argue that the “hidden” parts are often more important :p Drawing a hat that does not follow the shape of the head under it and so on. Drawing bodies wrong because of not knowing any anatomy. Even newbie artists learn at least a bit of that.

If you’re drawing cartoons you’re already doing as simple as you can right? You only need to be good at basic shapes.
C.T.R.Lee
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Well, to be honest practicing is the only way. I found myself doodling a lot whenever I was in class or taking a break after grinding a series of math questions, as time goes by they started to evolved from simple sketches to full drawings (given that I have time to finish it), though I keep most of the works to myself. I probably will upload those sketches here if I got a positive feedback here.
Pikapetey
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Quack King -
Duck - Mr. Quackers
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Quack King
@Ponysubmarine  
well…

if you want to animate a 10 second short… that’s around 120 drawings if you doing 12 fps, or it would be 240 if your doing 24 fps

if you don’t want a crappy wiggly mess you better draw the darn character accurately and fast if you want to get anything done.

You get very fast very quickly

most people give up and switch puppets by then
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide