Automotive enthusiasts?

kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@RD4590
Take a regular hatchback, jack it up a couple inches, add body cladding, and charge thousands more. It’s a marketing thing. I’d rather have a wagon with good headroom.
I was thinking about the Ford Ranger Raptor. It’s neat, but I could take or leave the offroad gear because I’ll never use it. What I’d like is if Ford built a street racing truck, something lower that prioritizes speed and handling while maintaining a decent towing capacity.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
Handling is always a problem for commercial vehicles. Its weight distribution changes too dramatically because of the weight of the cargo. When it’s empty it’s nose heavy. When it’s laden it’s tail heavy. It’s hard to find am equilibrium.
Holden Maloo the LS-engine ute has the same problem. Tail is too light and easy to lose control when unladen.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@RD4590
My Mom had an El Camino back in the day and said there was so much power to the rear that the front of the car would lift when she mashed the accelerator. I wouldn’t mind having an ute. It’s a good all round sort of vehicle.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
One sad thing about car scene in China is that car customization will never be fully legalized. And the reason for that is to deter overweight trucks. Even now you can see this kind of 4-axle trucks, probably having 2000hp, plated 55 tons but actually carrying 200 tons of rubble or cement or soil, full beam, doing 100mph on the national highways. When they set off they literally tear a hole on the tarmac. They don’t use motorways because there are toll booths with weight bridges, but they do run in the cities after dark. And it doesn’t matter if they kill someone because they have expensive insurance. And if the victim were just injured they might go back and ram them dead because according to them, compensation for the dead is cheaper than that for the crippled.
And back then it was even worse. 18-wheel artic carrying 300 tons, farming tricycle towing a 2-axle 40-ton trailer, road trains, van carrying stolen petrol. It was completely bonkers what those loonies could do.
Duck! - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Man with no name
@RD4590
Wow I never imagined China to be that way, I’d always thought of China as being governed with an iron fist and that law breakers would be puished severely. I find it odd that the assumption is that car customisation will lead to truck customisation, here in England truck customisation is quite common, however it’s well regulated, tachograph tampering is rare as is speed limiter tampering; the most common customisation we have here is aesthetics, remaps and straight pipe exhausts (usually with a valve to bypass the silencer).
If an company is caught with any truck with such tampering it can lead to their operator licence being revoked, making their whole fleet unusable. Also trucks in England (when used commercially) must be inspected every 6 weeks by law, and once a year by a official government tester, so illegal modifications would be found quickly anyway.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@midob
Our laws are not thorough enough in terms of vehicle and road safety. I didn’t even know there was this thing called tachograph. And if they were thorough, the government wouldn’t spend enough on enforcement, because our police is understaffed. And local government isn’t as bright as the central government. And the punishment isn’t as severe as you thought, often a lot less than their income (i.e. ¥3000 job minus ¥200 fine), and they are often private contractor / outsourced so there wasn’t a “fleet” per se. And these lowlives wouldn’t mind killing a cop to get away.
There are many loopholes in China if you look closely. But at least now it’s less severe than before. There are height restrictions on local roads, with big barriers and gantries, and most HGVs cannot pass unless the driver gets crushed. On the trunk roads and motorways there are all these cameras connected to the “Skynet” surveillance system with facial recognition (not the Terminator Skynet :P). They could get away with one job but cops will knock on their door shortly. And major freight terminals and ports have banned overweight trucks because they destroy the roads, cutting off their demand. It’s a never ending armament game between the police and criminals.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@RD4590
I find it odd that the assumption is that car customisation will lead to truck customisation
That would be a loophole. Imagine a Ford Ranger with a juiced up Cummins and a lorry hitch welded onto the bed, towing a 55t trailer.
But the police also knows it so they usually turns a blind eye on small car customisation. A stage 1 remap and sports intake is not an issue, as long as you don’t do stupid things (like doing 120mph in city centre) or make it look stupid (like ricer widebody). Modified small cars are the least of the road hazards in China.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide