Dragon Ball Thread

Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
I guess bonus points for it being a fan manga as well so its got pictures!
I want to write some fanfiction myself. It started as a “what-if” but I think the general rule of what-ifs is they can’t deviate too much from the source material. Or, if they do deviate, it has to use canon materials and still lay somewhere within the realm of “Toriyama might have written this”. Aka, not too many OCs. All what-ifs are fanfiction but try to stay within a framework of “could have been canon”. I guess.
My story has a number of OCs and a large chunk of it will take place in hell therefore it has to be considered fanfiction.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
What if dragonball/z/etc was a shojo?
not genderbending the characters. I mean what if it was marketed towards girls. What would the manga/anime be like?
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Ranch
There’d probably be a greater emphasis on romance. The original would start from Bulma’s perspective, and when it switches to Goku, there’d be more about him and Chi Chi. I don’t think much would change, it would just shift to Bulma’s point of view, and we’d see things through her.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Dragon Ball with a reverse harem sub-plot lol. Maybe a what-if scenario where Bulma builds herself a power suit to fight with everyone else.
Possibly more emphasis on magic so there could be henshin sequences. Male versions are rare.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Several characters just wilt when someone hot walks in. Battles are won this way. Less casualties.
To those who are active/semi active here. I did mention earlier that I want to attempt to write a fanfiction. But I need to bounce around some ideas. Raditz in hell, and maybe getting out of hell. I’ve been searching around and looking at some episodes but really doesn’t seem to be much known about hell. All I know is canonically its impossible to escape it outside of reincarnation. But I have a “lol don’t care, demon did it” way to get out. And my own version of Gine.
So instead of calling it a what-if, and trying to keep it within the realm of canon, I just want to go full out fanfiction with ideas and characters made up whole cloth. Perhaps exploring the idea of Janemba’s crime lord empire, that is unexplored backstory of a movie only character. Might be cool.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Ranch
I dig that idea. As per with all things DB fan stories, you gonna need an artist.

I know of one in derpibooru.
Not me. Although I CAN if you really have no other options.
Anyway Im in the middle of imagining Daddy Bardock crackfics and how he could potentially have three wives:
Raditz being the kid he has with Fasha.
Kakarott being the kid he has with Gine.
Lastly GRANOLA being the kid he took on after marrying Muezli.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@tehwatever
One time I did headcanon that Raditz has a different mother, since I think Saiyans, especially under Freiza’s rule, were promiscuous and didn’t form long lasting relationships. But I kinda preferred the idea of Gine and Bardock being “weird” in that they stayed with each other long term. But I thought Gine might have a sister that lends some of her features to Raditz.
I appreciate the artist proposal. I may have to get an artist. I can draw….ponies. And cute animals. DB characters? Not sure. Though I have drawn my own DB ocs and they look kinda alright. Certainly won’t try to do a whole manga type thing, just visual aids.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
So far…
Right now I’m making up in my mind how hell/Hfil works. I like the Team Fourstar idea where the soul cleaning machine doesn’t work if your power level is too high, or at least as high as Raditz’s. So strong bad guys have to be put in a rehabilitation camp. It’s a funny idea but I want this story to be more serious. So for me, the machine can clean any soul. The issue is this cleansing is a second and true death. The soul is recycled, ready to be reborn into a new person. Everything about the previous person is erased. Most hell residence don’t know this outright but there is growing suspicion. So why not just erase Freiza,Cell, etc? Well there is apparently no way out without either the dragonballs or permission from the divine so…meh. Later on individual punishments were created for high profile evil, like Freiza’s Angels of Hell room. A note on food: It tastes like ash. But denizens of hell still feel hungry and the desire to eat even if they no longer require food. Alcohol and drink still tastes good, because water flows in from a river in Yemma Forest. Only fruits, animals, and vegetbles from this forest taste good, but hunting and gathering from there is not permitted.
Of course not everyone is willing to be recycled. A lot of souls hang back and inhabit hell, a city has been built, maybe more than one. Nobody has really made a map of Hell. King Yemma allowed this but Hell is getting overcrowded so he hires a special task force to capture anyone outside the city limits to be soul recycled.
Raditz: Main character. Semi freshly dead, super pissed at Goku for getting him killed, and at Vegeta for not wishing him back. Saw Vegeta for like a day or so before the prince was revived. Fueled by rage, confusion, betrayal, and regret. Will do everything it takes to get out of hell and get revenge on the two saiyans and king yemma. Passively wonders if he will run into Gine and Bardock but doesn’t want to look for them. Doesn’t want them to know what happened between him and Goku. Makes a deal with a demon that he may regret later but who knows!
Kosemos: Secondary main character an oc not a mary sue pls no flames. Ex-member of the Galactic Patrol, has been dead longer than Raditz by about a year but it is hard to tell as time is not a strict concept in the otherworld. Was killed by Raditz when Freiza forces invaded a planet in the middle of being evacuated by the Galactic Patrol. Is in hell because she learned some of the natives actively tricked the GP into coming to their planet so Freiza’s forces could attack them, in exchange for the safety of their people (An obvious lie the scared natives fell for). Kosemos killed several natives in rage indiscriminately before attacking Freiza grunts, ultimately killed by Raditz.
Gine: Mother of Raditz and Goku. Raditz finds her in the wastes near Yemma Forest. Has survived outside the safe zone for years looking for Bardock, and has become a hell survivalist expert (a lot of soul eating demons out there).Gine seems the same as when Raditz last saw her but surviving in the wastes for such a long time comes at a cost.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
I really wish there was a place online to talk about dragon ball fanfiction and fan characters. Most DBZ places I know about online aren’t really for it. They only care about what is canon vs what is not, and what new transformation Goku has coming down the pipe. Places like r/Masakox would be great. But that subreddit is just for his projects and Team Four Star stuff.
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

That's him, officer
Honestly, I think it’s because there’s enough non-canon content out that it’s become the topic of discussion as opposed to most fanbased content (If that one funny Yamaha manga counts).
At least with the MLP fandom, there was plenty of material to work with, even when there were so many comics made by IDW
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
True there are youtube channels that live on DB fancontent. But those creators already know what they are doing. I don’t lol. Which is why I wish there was a place to talk about fan stuff.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide