GAMING:The Ability To Share Games Over Steam With Select People/Friends?

PwnyPony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

☀Welcome Princess Celest
full  
This for real?  
Sort of like The PS3’s five activated console downloadable titles without the risk of having your profile info on someones console if they figure out your password and The Xbox One’s family sharing without the nonsense that is Xbox One?  
I also feel these points are important.  
Q:Can a friend and I share a library and both play at the same time?  
A:No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

Q:When I authorize a device to lend my library to others, do I limit my own ability to access and play my games?  
A:As the lender, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when a friend is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

What do you guys think if this is actually happening? Maybe you would like to take part in the beta of this feature when it launches.  
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/familysharing/  
“Ya gotta share, ya gotta care” :p

Discuss.
Buttstank
Thread Starter - The Time Wasting Thread 2.1

Not really surprised. Ol’ gabe’s been wanting to implement something like this for a while now. But it is nice. Now my non-gamer friend can try out some of the stuff I’m constantly talking about.

Also, inb4 xbone defenders. I’ve seen them on every other site that mentions this announcement.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
Too bad my friends are all gadabouts that keep things you lend to them waaaayyy longer than I’m comfortable with
Sono

I’m sure it’ll work and would be very beneficial, but it comes down to publishers accepting whether or not their game is allowed to be shared or not. You can bet EA, Ubisoft and Activision are not going to put their games up for sharing on the client. So it’s going to be a limited library, no matter what happens.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
I’m behind this idea, more in theory than in practice, since what looks to be the practice when implemented (that will most likely change in the future) is similar to what the ‘venerable’ Xbox One planned to do.

Still, I’m behind the initiative. Why? Because now I can justify owning a shitload of games that I’ll never get round to playing ^^
PwnyPony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

☀Welcome Princess Celest
@Whatevs  
I would not worry about that.  
“If you decide to start playing when a friend is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.”
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

According to this story on Gamefront, the sharing is actually per library rather than per game. So if I was playing Payday, and you wanted to play Binding of Isaac from my library you wouldn’t be able to do so at the same time.
Buttstank
Thread Starter - The Time Wasting Thread 2.1

@gasmaskangel  
Yeah, that seems to be the only real downside to this. Although I guess it makes sense. They make it like you’re lending them your computer without the middleman of actually lending them your computer.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide