Phonebloks.

General Discussion » Phonebloks. Search Posts
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Given that I have a hard-on for technology (to quote Kaiba from YGO:TAS), I’m sure-as-shit behind something like this.

Thanks for the share :)
Number1pegasus
Thread Starter -  Waifu Thread

The Element of laughter
@Princess♠Molestia  
Yup sadly true, All money craving company’s don’t want you too have an everlasting product because if the Product never breaks the consumer will never have to waste money buying a new one so instead of helping society they will rather just make it go more bankrupt just too keep their pocket’s healthy with cash. Sad really. :/

But still this is a really good idea though, I would buy one now if I had the money and chance.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
They realize that they could never crowdfund this. Not after the Ubuntu Edge failure.

Instead of getting squashed by a big company, they’re trying to sell the idea to them. They might be interested since they can upgrade the phone without R&D for a new model.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
It’s a brilliant idea if they can get it to work.

• Hardware companies win because they can overcharge for individual module upgrades instead of having to share the profit from entire-phone upgrades.  
  • Telecom companies win because once you have an AT&T or Verizon Phoneblok, you’ll stick with it until Christ comes back to judge the living and the dead.  
  • Consumers and the environment win as explained in the video.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Every electronic engineer is apparently crying at the concept of this.

Oh, and apparently some electronic engineers really hate software engineers and think of them as glorified code monkeys. Must be the whole structural engineers vs. architects thing.
someguy111
Wallet After Summer Sale -

ok now this is a seriously awesome idea! I love how you can customize your phone and only have what you want, it’s basically like building your own PC instead of buying a per-built one with a bunch of junk. Also it’s great that if you need to replace a bad battery or something you can still keep the rest of the phone. We have already had this concept in use for a long time: cars. If something on your car breaks you don’t get a brand new car, you just replace the bad part, this saves money and does indeed cut down on waste. I would love to see this idea expanded to laptops and tablets and many other devices as well.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Every electronic engineer is apparently crying at the concept of this.

Source? Really, I’d like to know, mainly because one of my issues with the project is how they will deal with bandwidth/bus size given the limited number of pins to transfer data across.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide