Random facts of yourself thread

Moving On
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@j3356  
I guess I should’ve realized that the staff don’t even give a shit so maybe I’ll carry a Ziploc full of popcorn along with the cornuts, M&Ms, frozen Gogurt, and Kool Aid pouch.
dead account1
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The longest story in history. (forum game)

i hate when i have all the dishes done. then wake up in the morning just to see that half of the dishes are dirty again. how the fuck can you dirty up half the dishes every night.
O. Hancock
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Penis
@JasonRatana @j3356

I always wear an oversized coat or jacket to theater, unless it’s really hot outside (in which case I probably won’t go to the theater anyway.) I stuff my pockets with enough goodies for my buddies and I, so we usually only buy 1 little thing or 2 from the theater. They still make plenty of money from our ticket sales, and it’s not like we have enough money to afford buying more than what we buy anyway. It’s not like they’re getting cheated out of money we actually could actually afford to spend on them. We only go maybe 3 times a year anyway, and it would be fewer than that if we didn’t bring in snacks. The staff never see them, because I only pull them out once we’re sitting down in the theater. I like to stuff my pockets with trail mix I make myself and cans of soda from 12 packs I buy on sale. It’s way more cost efficient to do that, than it is to buy $6 hotdogs and $8 sodas and crap from their overpriced concessions.

Also, no offense, but I honestly think these movie theaters only stay in business because of the few spoiled rich teens or their parents, who go in every week or 2 and buy lots of exorbitant goodies. That’s not necessarily even a bad thing. Ticket sales from po’boys and other wiggas like me are probably just 5 or 10% of their income, even though we’re probably 25% to 35% of their customerbase. I still stand by the fact that we’re seeing movies that typically aren’t sold out and giving them decent money in ticket sales alone so “why should we feel guilty for bringing food in?” But I will admit that at least the rich kids are, in effect, subsidizing some of our costs.

In fact, if you look at most specialty goods and services, you’ll often find that about 80% of the income comes from 20% of its consumer base. Alcohol consumption, for instance, is incredibly concentrated among mostly alcoholics. A third of America doesn’t drink, the next third only has a couple occasional drinks once in awhile, and just 13% of Americans are alcoholics… yet they are responsible for 80% of the income made from alcohol. If everyone who drinks too much started drinking in moderation and stopped being alcoholics, the industry would shrink by close to 80%.

I imagine a similar fate for the movie theaters if those spoiled kids stopped going all the time and buying overpriced crap. My small city of Sioux City, Iowa probably would only have 1 very small, limited theater instead of 2 big ones if it weren’t for them and those ridiculously priced goodies.
Background Pony #5472
I recently found out I have what is known as a hero complex.

Except for deliberately causing accidents on purpose in order to save people from them, I fit the concept of a hero complex to a T. (I would never even think of deliberately causing a crisis. That’s more like Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I would view that as horrible and selfish, although I do understand that some people have unfortunate mental health problems that can cause that kind of behavior. Personally, I don’t want to be seen as a hero. I have a semi-conscious desire to be a hero.)

I see the world as needing more people to step up and do the right thing. Despite my efforts to relax and acknowledge my own needs at times, I feel obligated to help people if I at all believe I have the ability to do so.

The psychiatric Disgnostics and Statistics Manual (DSM) does not yet currently recognize the Hero Complex as a complex. This is partially due to it sounding rather similar to a Messiah Complex or Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. However, I don’t put myself out there for people for recognition, nor sympathy, and I don’t believe I’m “the best” or “the one” fated to help people if able. With power, comes responsibility. I just can’t get over it when people are suffering, and I feel it is a duty to help. I feel embarrassed even talking about it here, but it helps me to process this and get it off my chest.

I used to actually gear up and go outside and try to fight crime whenever I heard screaming outside. I still do sometimes, but I mostly stopped, because of my girlfriend’s worries. I have pepper spray, knives, first aid, and have trained myself in a few of the basics of tactics, survival, and first aid, but I admittedly am not near as comprehensive or competent in my abilities as I would like, and I also as of yet lack a bulletproof/stabproof plate carrier vest. It is for these reason that I cannot in good conscience continue to aid in every potential situation at this time, since I love my girlfriend and she would be devastated if anything happened to me, and I currently have no reasonable guarantee that I would not be hurt.

Although there have been many false alarms, usually from drunken people just acting rambunctious, I have found and tried to help people in need. There was a girl once, shaking and crying, whose mom had tried to stab her. I tried to get her help, but I fear I may have been unsuccessful. Another time I confronted, chased down, and tried to direct the police to a very large and wild-eyed man who physically abused his girlfriend in front of me. I think they caught him, but I don’t think the poor girl pressed charges… Another time I discovered and directed the police to a rather gossamer, yet scary-looking man who was acting in a threatening manner to little old ladies out front of my apartment complex, and had proceeded to attack a tree. That one they got, and he was taken away. :) Hopefully he got some mental help of his own.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide