The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Well, time to make some more enemies:
I’ve never found the Flood interesting because their “badass” or “cool looking”, I find them interesting because they’re legit fucking scary.
Yes, I’m legit terrified of the Flood and admire them because they’re actually horrific.
This is what I’d define as pants shitting and would give anyone unfamiliar with the series a heart attack if they saw an actual well made outfit based on it in real life:
That why I love the flood, they’re amazing to me not because of alleged “coolness” but because they’re simply terrifying.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So, genuinely, what’s the point of test screenings for films? Are they just there to make films appeal more to the masses? Because I’ve never heard of a film that was improved by changing stuff because of what test audiences liked, and I’ve heard of many films that were made worse by it.
(This question was prompted because I recently discovered that The Little Mermaid almost cut “Part of Your World” because kids were getting bored by it during test screenings, and I quite frankly find that unimaginable because the film doesn’t work without that song… and songwriter Howard Ashman agrees, because he threatened to pull out of the film if they cut that song, which was a good call because the song is now probably the most famous in the movie.)
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@TheHappySpaceman
The subway disaster from Final Destination 3, which is probably my favorite ending of the whole series, was added because test audience thought the original ending (the one where the characters kind of just walk away with their premonition camera flashing one last time) was bad. That’s one example I can think off. Maybe it only works with horror films.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@TheHappySpaceman
Reminds me of how test screenings basically ruined I Am Legend, where they wanted the more actiony ending as opposed to the original ending where it shows the Zombies still had a sense of humanity. The reactions after both went public more or less retconned the theatrical cut in favor of the original with Will Smith’s character being back for the sequel
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Wikipedia calls them Darkseekers so probably. I only called them zombies because that’s what they looked like to me and I was too lazy to look up what they actually were
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Charisma based classes are fascinating when you think about it.
Warlocks literally channel their swag into a devastating beam of eldritch energy.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Just finished the first real life day section of Omori
Holy fuck that was depressing
I don’t think I’ve ever been this heavily affected by a video game since… a long fucking time
I’m at a loss for words, I don’t know why I’m this stunned but, Christ
Edit: And re-entering the world of Omori, my God it really is like everything is flipped on its head, it just makes everything more depressing
Jesus, I’m re contextualising everything I’ve experienced in the game so far
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I know nothing of the book, but this looks like one of those mockbusters that tries ripping off multiple movies. This reminds me of free guy and the upcoming IF.

One thing I do know about the book is that the character is supposed to be a child
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide