The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Ams reading the famous Three Body Problem atm
two pages in and I read descriptions like “slender figure of a beautiful girl” and “four women, more like girls, really. they exude youthful vigor and surround MC like four flames” while the descriptions of male persons are more matter-of-fact-ly.
Okay, so far so asian.
Edit: I might have maded a mistake. He probably wasn’t the MC. mans seemingly died a couple pages in.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
This guy really asked a teenager to stop an armed guy. I mean yeah he beat his wrestler but a gun is still a gun.

(For context, this is the wrestling promoter from Spider-man.)
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
That’s why he asked Peter, pretty much still a kid, to stop an armed robber without caring for his safety. What if Peter actually got shot? Does this guy have enough conscience to feel guilty he basically got a child killed?
Posted Report
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@WaynePonePone
To be fair, the point is that Peter himself knows that he could stop him
Although using a police officer to shame Peter for not stopping him does cloud the intended message
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Again with the slender figure of a young woman, this time I suspect is the real MC.
Another woman in her forties described as “it was clear that she had been beautiful in her youth”
meanwhile descriptions of men so far had been like “slim” “barrel-chested and muscular” or “stranger with stern face”
i.e when women characters: pretty, beautiful, attractive.
…did I download the wrong Three Body Problem?
Posted Report
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Commune
Only Peter did, and let’s pretend he’s not Spider-man for a moment and just lucked out against Bonesaw. He would basically just be trying to keep himself alive and not get shot. Kind of a normal thing to do.
Posted Report
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Commune
Arguable the message is clouded somewhat by making the guy a jerk so it makes Peter somewhat sympathetic as to why he did nothing instead of Peter just being apathetic and being hit with the results of that apathy.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Again with the–
a single ray of light falls on the slim young woman, the soft glow lit up her her supple hair and highlighted her white neck above the collar of her overalls, as though a single flower blooms in a ruin after a storm
I love this novel.
Three Body Problem
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Read some “Wheel of Time” one of these days. Author spends a lot of time describing boobs and ass for what is supposed to be a multi-dimension crossing fantasy epic.
Posted Report
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@northern haste
I wish Hulu on Disney+ didn’t require to waste money on a separate subscription to Hulu or the bundle (even though upgrading to the bundle is hard when my subscription billing is going through Google Play and idk if it’s possible to upgrade to the bundle without double charging both $10 (bundle) and $8 (standalone Disney+) at the same time or without cancelling my current subscription)
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Hot take: The concept of the no killing rule in and of itself is not as important as what it represents.
A moral test of sorts in spite of all the pressure and temptation. I guess an allegory for the that moral struggle we all have at some point in time.
It’s more important how the story is told to accomoadate that code of honor.
Its why in MCU they have other conflicts, so they don’t focus much on the no kill rule usually.
After all, the no kill rule, unless you’re a Quaker or a Jainist, is probably not a universally useful rule in say times of war. But it is a good way to have a moral conflict which is also why writers need to not go too deep to discuss this rule if they aren’t ready for it.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
It’s ironic some of my favorite superheroes have no killing rule but I completely disagree with that rule. Batman, Spiderman, and Daredevil. No matter what, they’re nore engaging when they don’t kill.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Darth Prime
Honestly if it weren’t for the absolutely extreme ones in their rogues gallery, Joker, Carnage, Kingpin, their rule would be a little more understanding, but I guess that’s part of the challenge. They have to fight the urge even against the worst of them.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide