The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
So apparently not only is winnie the pooh blood and honey 2 Being much more well received, A third one is already in the works
Posted Report
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
…that’s hot.

Honestly this get up is way hotter then her nearly nearly naked one she had in the comics.
@kleptomage
Like it’s that arced back there for me.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Ams feeling conflicted.
In Three Body Problem (the novel anyway, I haven’t seen the adaptations)
The aliens are worried about the rate of science and technology advancement of earth civilization. They fear by the time their fleet arrives in the solar system, they’d be facing a civilization equally or more advanced than them.
The arrival is approximately 450 years from the present (in the book, it’s in the early 2010s). Which means the aliens were somewhat optimistic that we could hit a Kardashev scale of between 1 to 2 and achieve interplanetary if not interstellar travel in less than five centuries.
They are that worried, to the point of actively sabotaging earth’s science and progress by killing scientists through human proxies and followers, in order to keep tech level as low as possible.
‘S good to know them ayys got more trust in our progress than I do.
I personally think we peaked, or at least, gonna be in a plateau in my lifetime. I don’t expect we’re gonna achieve total power harness in five centuries
‘Slong as we aint solved the energy problem, I don’t see us moving out of this rock anytime soon.
Science bros and speculative fiction fans and writers of derpibooru what you think? You think one of your descendants fifty generations from now gonna be out there the fixing some broken pipes of a bathroom of a spaceship hovering over Jupiter?
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Just went to see Godzilla and Kong last night, it was pretty cool. The fight scenes were epic, the monsters they introduced were pretty badass (The ice titan Shimo kinda reminds me of Anguirus, so I guess that’s the closet we’ve got) the main gorilla boss Scar King was cool, also couldn’t help but get Planet of the Apes vibes w8th the colony of gorillas. We get to see why Godzilla gets the pink spikes as well as why Kong has that robotic arm, also Mothra returns to help them out. Overall this was a pretty fun movie to watch, if you’re just looking for kaiju fights then this will deliver.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

finished Three Body Problem the english translation.
the only part I didn’t find as intriguing as the rest of the book was the last quarter of it.
spoiler
when you unveiled the grand eldritch cosmic mystery to just be regular, mortal, non-godlike race of desperate ayys performing a stage magic trick on a planetary scale on you, messing with your perception on reality, rather than actually warping it and disregarding physics, the terror is kinda diminished. Granted a ET race whose tech has advanced so much that the tech gap between us and them is comparable to humans and insects is still terrifying, but a huge step down from a literal god who’s breaking physics and threatening universal annihilation (as we were led to believe early on)
but it was still a good read.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan
I want NASA and every other Space Agency of the world to spam a message to outer space in random directions using their strongest transmitters that goes:
Isekai is a now a recognized word in the Oxford Dictionary. We fucked up.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide