Vent thread

Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

I would compare myself to Maud, but even Maud hugs her sister so she wouldn’t qualify.

—  
It’s difficult to find the root of a problem which led to tragedies. It’s several different roots that have several plants. It’s almost a whole garden rather than just one little plant.

I need to find more of these.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Fluttershy the Naturalist

If you believe what I typed doesn’t belong, feel free to report it, I really don’t care.

It was a vent, I posted it in the vent thread, and should someone respond to it I will continue the conversation regardless of your input. Without a little green mod tag, your statement is fairly meaningless.

Now, if Mikey or someone says no Nazi talk in the vent thread, I’ll heed their words. Yours, I will ignore.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Zaknel

That thing was a dumpster fire though, because people started using it to just bash each other rather than vent on current affairs.

Like, there would be pages and pages of people just going at each others throats. It was pretty fucked up.
Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
@Zincy  
I believe the reason for the lock was “OP was a troll.” Probably best to have this stuff in a vent thread, No political venting, religious venting, or philosophical venting. Just good venting and bad venting.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Zaknel

I think venting about specific current affairs that are within those realms shouldn’t be considered “politics” since by that metric everything can be considered politics.

“I got a parking ticket today” would technically be a political vent if you started waxing about the police. But since you’re venting about a specific incident, it should still fly here and not the political thread.

Shifting that, “Police suck and are evil” would be political from the get go.
Zaknel
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

I think venting about specific current affairs that are within those realms shouldn’t be considered “politics” since by that metric everything can be considered politics.
“I got a parking ticket today” would technically be a political vent if you started waxing about the police. But since you’re venting about a specific incident, it should still fly here and not the political thread.
Shifting that, “Police suck and are evil” would be political from the get go.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Especially in this day and age where people can make a political statement about everything under the sun.

I’ve seen the most mundane topics suddenly go off the deep-end into some political clusterfuck.
Zaknel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Especially in this day and age where people can make a political statement about everything under the sun.
I’ve seen the most mundane topics suddenly go off the deep-end into some political clusterfuck.

We have a political thread, we have a religious thread. Do we have a philosophy thread?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Zaknel

Since you’ve mentioned, I started a Phil/Rel thread way, way back in the past. It eventually died and was replaced by the Religion thread.

There was also a philosophy thread that was made by that one Mormon dude I think, but that was also many moons ago. It has seemingly faded into the aether.
Zaknel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zincy  
I don’t expect it to be half as popular as religion or politics, but it would still be something that would be nice if it could be confined to one thread.
Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

@Zaknel  
The problem is this site tends to get layaway to off-topic posting, partly because it’s difficult to gauge off-topic discussion besides obvious ones.
Zaknel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Josh103  
I know the feeling way to well…

I’m just gonna vent something now:  
I don’t care what anyone else says. I hate being tall. I hate having hair anywhere but on the crown of my head.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide