Vent thread

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Thanotos Omega  
And yet, Disney is so desperate they’re pilfering the EU for new ideas cause they ain’t got a clue.

A kotor movie is all but confirmed, Thrawn is back and they’re already talking about a Mara Jade movie. The More desperate Disney becomes the more they’ll try to pander to the fan base that carried the star wars brand for 40 years.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Mr grump  
They are making a killing, the only movie that was a failure was the one designed just for hardcore fans, where as the one that specifically erased Kyle Katarn is considered a master piece, but do please go off,
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Got bitten by a fucking mouse.

Don’t let their innocent appearance fool you, they’re called “PESTS” for a reason.

Good lord I’m probably gonna have to go check and see if I didn’t catch anything from that bastard soon.

People, just go for the lethal traps.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Lawrence Alpaca  
The truth about joining a monastery is that the only realistic way to do it now adays is to buy your way in through a seminary or by paying for an extended retreat. Like - a 3 year retreat. So, having something between US$10K and US$50K is a good place to start. The more you have up front, the less worries you’ll have as you go into it. And the poorer the living costs in the country you go to, the better it will be. And of course most of the places you might have to go for it to be the way you want it to be will be as expensive as traveling to see Mt. Everest or Fuji.

Effectively, it’s a Doctorate In Divinity program in whichever kind of religion you happen to enroll in. Except the college is a monastery.

If you can afford it, HOLY FUCK DO IT you will not regret it. Even if you join a cult it’s a fantastic way to get away from daily life for a long, long, long time and put a new edge on everything in your “you”. When you come out everything will be “New Me”.

If you can afford it, and can either speak Japanese or are willing to learn, or are able to find work in Japan, I recommend “Shugendo”. Here’s a site promoting a great movie introducing it. Don’t get me wrong - it’s a cult. In fact, it’s an outlawed cult. But it’s fucking amazing and awesome and has all of the “trial by death” stuff that ancient mysteries should have. Plus a great appreciation for really hot peppers. I recommend it for anyone who is male in the highest possible terms. For women it sucks - but is accessible - you just have to work 10 times harder and don’t get to go to the cool bars. There are literally signs everywhere saying; “No women beyond this point”.

But … yeah. The number of monasteries that are looking for people who are willing to work are few and far between … unless you’re ok volunteering to help an organization like Doctors Without Borders and are willing to go someplace where they’re really desperate for help. But even then, they’re more interested in you being a donor or a canvaser or an employee than anything monk-like. So, your life style will be more like being in the PeaceCorps, with less smiling and praying.

That doesn’t mean you can’t get into a monastery or become a monk class (or multiclass) - people do and some unbelievably lucky folks like me end up doing it accidentally because what else are you going to do in a foreign land where you barely speak the language and don’t know anyone outside of work, except sit and contemplate trees because that’s what everyone else at work is doing tonight and all weekend?

However you do it, it’ll take years. But it’s worth it.

And I sent you a PM about your options. Don’t be surprised that there are, now as in most things, “options”.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I almost cried when my favourite comic store closed back in 2016. There’s one store left in my entire state, located in the busiest shopping district of my city but the place is a ghost town, even during Christmas season. I have no idea how they’re even keep in the lights on.
Deactivated_20191124_01
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Derpy Whooves  
The monestary idea sounds way cooler than I thought.

I don’t think there is a monistary for agnostics though. I’m captivated by many religions but I can’t honestly subscribe to any of them.

The Sugendo cult and their connection to nature is facinating. Little known fact is I am a shaman.

The doctors without borders is awesome.

I already wrote to Peacecorp tonight. I’m going to chill out, take my asvab anyway, and wait for someone to get back to me. I appreciate the information about monistaries, I was joking, but what they have to offer could connect with my emotional needs.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Lawrence Alpaca  
Oh, yeah - the distance from shamanistic traditions to shinto is like this much ->||<-

I was wicca and went to Japan for a long time, and when my coworkers figured out what my religion was all of a sudden we were all doing scrying and meditating and sitting under waterfalls and running from police and carrying giant logs through the streets singing songs while everything burnt.

Good times.

Shinto is a fascinating religion - the Emperor decided that he wanted to be immortal and descended from gods like the European kings, so he had his scribes go out and document every religion in the country they could find. As long as the Emperor ended up a descendent of one of the gods, he didn’t care WHAT the religion was.

So the “Bible” of Japan is a history of the 9 existing aboriginal faiths of Japan at the time the Emperor lived. With none of them really being on top or held up as “the right one”. So in Shinto you just do all of them, or none of them, or whatever is right where you are. It’s very “An ye harm none”.

… or, I should say, the “Bible” of Japan is that for the first half of the book. Then the whole rest of the book is rules about which hats people can or can NOT wear. Or what orientation your floorboards have to be laid. Or what direction your ceiling beams must face depending on your salary.

I wish I was making that up.

Shinto is very accessible - just check out Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America - they’re an Amatarasu shrine so … (waving hands) they’re doing it “right” of course. No roadside temples to a rock for them - it’s all facing the right direction every morning and evening and they eschew the more fun drinking festivals and ceremonies.

Here’s a Japanese thing: Everyone in Japan is born and dies Buddhist, because it’s a reincarnation religion. But everyone gets married and has children and starts new businesses and buys new cars SHINTO. Because Shinto is a DRINKING religion.

If you’ve done hard form shamanism, shinto is basically opening your eyes. In Shinto, it’s humans who identify the sacred and decide what place is or isn’t sacred. The sacred is all around us, but it’s our job to identify the places - like shoots of bamboo growing out of the mud at the bank of a river - where the divine and the mundane worlds touch. That doesn’t mean anyone is going to listen to anyone else’s prayers. It just means “This place is special”. Sometimes that place is “You”.

Sorry if I got my high hat on for a minute. I haven’t even had that much to drink tonight …

PS: Yes I do have The Hat. But it’s bent. Because there is no bodhisattva tree.

BBL getting more sake.

@Mr grump  
Most frightening thing ever shown on TV. Evar.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide