Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Huyanna  
Now that the site’s code is going to be publicly released, I can say more about this, but … yeah, for a lot of people IP bans are pretty effective. But all you have to do is go to a coffee shop and bang you’ve got a new IP. So, there’s other stuff we do that helps - but the biggest help of all is that we have more than a million unique users every month, so stuff gets noticed and reported pretty quickly and our mod tools let us clean up messes like this person makes pretty quickly.

We’re actually testing some of that stuff on Philomena today.

So, yeah, that’s an important first step. But it’s not where we stop.

@Panko Pai  
There’s really, like, maybe a couple dozen people who are in that same kind of category of “So fucked up how do you even start to try to have a conversation with them about it?” so we just implement machinery to keep them off the site.

Some folks accuse us of “deplatforming” those kinds of people, or censoring them, and - yeah, we’re not allowing them to use this platform and we’re censoring their posts. And some just see that as being the wrong thing to do, and they’re welcome to their opinion.

But I don’t feel we should be allowing people to threaten the lives of others here, or to post random vitriolic diatribes like they’ve got some sort of weird Tourettes or a brain tumor or something.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Derpy Whooves  
Sometimes they trace us back to other sites like Deviantart or whatever other sites we say we frequent to keep spamming us there with gore, fetishes or what have you.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Derpy Whooves

There’s also dynamic IPs to worry about.

Also, what Anonycat said about being traced back to Deviantart or other sites and getting spammed with gore and other garbage stuff (it’s happened to me before).
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Jarkes  
What about them? What about VPNs? What about proxies? What about tunnels? What about TOR?

The world is the world. The internet is the internet. If you’re going to do a site like this, then one way or another you have to deal with how it all works - while also remaining compliant with all of the (somewhat convoluted, periodically conflicting, and often poorly defined) laws and regulations concerning personally identifying information where-ever you happen to operate - both in terms of “protecting minors” while also not “tracking users” like some sort of big-brother dystopian site from hell that none of us want or would put up with - while at the same time making sure that users in shithole countries where this site is blocked are able to access the site and be a part of the community without exposing their own identities.

If you’re asking how this site handles a million-plus unique visitors a month with just a couple dozen volunteers as active staff members yet also somehow manages to keep the outright trolling, stalking, and shitposts to a survivable minumum, then in a couple of weeks you’ll be able to see the actual tools we use to keep track of who is who - at least as well as we are able to.

I assure you it’s no where near as invasive as Facebook or Google are. Nothing even close.

But personally I think that it’s less about the tools and more about the people using them, and the community that they serve.

Because no matter the technology or how you access this or any other site, we’re all still us. And it takes all of us to do this site once.

In a couple of weeks everyone will have free access to the tools that we use. And then we’re really going to get to see how much of what we do here is the technology, and how much of it is the people and the community using it.

And that is going to be the beginning of a lot of very interesting experiments.

Getting back to the theme of this thread, any site like this that exists is going to have its own share of cringe users, including people who are actively trying to destroy the site or the community for their own person reasons.

However you manage and track all of it, the end result depends more on your community’s and your team’s ethics than on your tools or technology. It all hangs on what you want, and what you are willing to do to achieve that.

2LDR: this site doesn’t care how you access us, or how cringe you, your posts, or your art are or are not. We just care that you follow our rules and at least tolerate other users.

If you’re using a dynamic IP, VPNs, or even TOR to remain anonymous or to protect your privacy, then we will do what we can to ensure your privacy and your anonymity. Even if you break our rules.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Anonycat  
I know. I’m not like them.  
But it’s a big part to what makes some individuals cringey.

On another topic.  
Don’t you just hate it when some artists block you just for faving any of their works? For whatever reason, or no reason at all.  
There is one particular case where I’ve found I’ve been blocked by them when I tried to fave one of their pieces. I don’t even know that guy, nor did there seem to be any reason for the guy to have me blocked. It’s weird…
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Selaphiel  
If you talk about Deviantart, lots of people there are a bit too eager to block anything that as much resembles a FavBot because of lots of bad experiences with them.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

@Anonycat  
I understand that concern. I’ve been ravaged by bots myself in the past on Furraffinity.

What about those who post their work in public, enable comments, but throws fit whenever they sense whatever they think is a semblance to “criticisms” tot heir work but also brands those who praise their work as “fake” or “bots”?  
Beleieve me, I’ve had my run ins with those types. WHY POST THEIR SHIT PUBLICLY THEN!?
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

Not a Brony.

But there’s this one case I’ve encountered in the Furry fandom that is a habitual fake suicider who has a tendency to blow up on others for whatever God knows what, gets pissy over people “hating” his work. But also hates those who appreciate their work.  
In one instance he literally claimed Resheriam, yes the POKEMON, as his “fursona” and attacked anyone who dares to “use” it. There was one FA member whom I used to watch who was bullied and mobbed off the platform by that son of a bitch.  
He also has a habit of appearing, reposting his work, and then disappearing periodically from the FA citing “toxicity” rinse and repeat.  
I’m going to drop the name here because I didn’t appreciate what he did to me and some of my Discord mates in the past. This guy is NASTY and clearly broken in the head.  
Stay away from - Reshy -

Currently, you can’t find him. Because he’s “deactivated” his account. But I won’t be surprised if he appears again sometime in the future. Like I’ve said, he has a habit of claiming suicide.
Jarkes
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Does the name “curtsibling” mean anything to you guys? Seems like he’s a former brony who went full anti-brony and is just generally a piece of shit.
Galestorm
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Jarkes  
that guy with the very uncanny art style? I knew he takes the piss out of bronies constantly but I had no idea he was pro-one at some point. with what he’s been doing, I never for a second thought he was ever a brony.  
the more you know, eh?
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Galestorm

I’m not sure honestly. Like I said, he just seems like a piece of shit in general, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he was one of those types to have done a 180 on certain things.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Too often devolves into personal attacks on other users, instead of media personalities.