The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Basically, a female “developer” made a game, had sex with a journalist.

Multiple journalists….

And by the look at how they claim her comic. Probably a view more then 5 at this point.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Twitter mob attack Asian woman and chase her out of comics.

If anyone says “[insert movement here] harasses women!” Go ahead and show them this, and what the denial grow.

Yeah, she wasn’t the Right woman. They had to put her in her place.

I wonder why they hate Asians so much. There was that one tech girl who’s live was nearly destroyed thanks to Buzzfeed. Then we have Alterna comics and Mark Waid’s little strong-arming and having the audacity to thank readers for purchasing their product and not spitting on them like what Marvel does.
Plain Pony
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Not a Plane pony
@Cyborg_pony  
I’d say it’s because they generally dislike eastern media, and that Asians are more likely to be involved in that. Add on the fact that Asians aren’t one of the protected classes, and that makes them a fair target.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Cyborg_pony  
Fucking hell, she actually acknowledged in her universe that other races get enslaved, not just black people.

If weren’t at a base level of pissed most of these days, I’d be furious.
Cyborg_pony

@Lord Seraph  
Good thing they had to have massive lay offs, with possibly more to come.

#LearnToCode. Just like they said to coal miners.

@PonyPon  
They were made she didn’t make one group in particular a victim. Kind of shows you where they’re at mentally when that’s what they care about.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Cyborg_pony  
Disgusting. They go around, claiming to protect the helpless female minority and yet here we have an Asian woman get attacked by them. An Asian woman, who is not only a minority but also a woman.

These people blame society for their problems and yet, is not willing to change themselves for the better. They are the failures of this generation.
Cyborg_pony

@Scrabbleman  
And they go on about “toxic” fans being a problem. They only use that as a scapegoat from criticism, deluding the meaning all while ignoring actual toxicity like fandom that become so obsessed with their shippings and even ways characters are portrayed to such dogmatic lengths- they spout vitriol and venom at any who dares think otherwise.
Cyborg_pony

@Ebalosus  
I watched Decan Black’s vid on Ian a while, so… Late to the party is he.

Frankly, I honestly can’t watch Metakur anymore… He’s just lost a lot of his values and just was riding money trains and acting like he’s the cool kid, when in reality; he’s the sad guy that after graduating sits outside the high school, talking smack to the sophomores he picked on that’ll now seniors..

And my comment still stands as I don’t care about Ralph and his gaggle on the kill stream. Speak of… I hears he blocks people over spicy comments.

Which in you’re initial comment was that Ian is blocking people.
Plain Pony

Not a Plane pony
@Cyborg_pony  
It greatly disappoints me that Valve decided to go this route. I am totally okay with Steam being hands off as long as they are consistent about it, but now that they aren’t, it makes them look like dirty opportunists that simply do whatever will make them the most money. And appeasing anti-weebs seems to be more important to them than protecting people from asset flip barely-games.

It becomes more and more clear that very few people seem to respect gamers as people. Ours was always a niche hobby that socially ostracised us, and the increased acceptance of video games isn’t an attempt to join us, it’s to replace us. Whether motivated by money or by morals, we get screwed in the end.

Top Hat is a good sign though. Unlike most anti-censorship motivated new services, instead of being based on information, it’s about providing a product, so attempts to discredit Top Hat will not defeat its purpose. But I wonder if the mysterious SJW give mind will find a way to shut it down indirectly.
Plain Pony

Not a Plane pony
@Cyborg_pony  
I doubt Animegate is going to go anywhere. Anime fans have already been tarred by the same brush gamers did during Gamergate, and western influence on anime is minimal due to multiple factors. It seems like an impossibly stupid battle to try and fight, which leads me to believe that it’s entirely morally motivated, whereas Gamergate was also motivated by both money and a need for legitimacy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide