The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Exhumed Legume  
I feel as if there’s a significant difference between Emmet Till and Vic, who on numerous occasions kiss underage girls and has dozens of people who can testify to that, including his own coworkers and convention staff who worked with him  
You can find pictures everywhere  
full

But I suppose if you ignore multiple witness testimony of Vic being a terrible person, photographic evidence of him kissing underage girls, I suppose you can construe his innocence

And here’s a video by a rape and abuse survivor who notes the difficulty of going to police  
The police in America have 40% rate of domestic violence, I am sure they are reliable to handle instance of rape
Exhumed Legume
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Weirdo
@Commune  
OH NO!  
NOT ON THE CHEEK, THE MONSTROUS PERVERT!

I feel as if there’s a significant difference between Emmet Till and Vic
There’s a significant commonality though – Social Justice.

Also, evidence is still not the plural of anecdote.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@Commune  
OK, I admit I was wrong. The dude come to cross a super scummy. The problem I have though is that he’s be punished before being found guilty, and before even being charged with a crime. If the guy is indeed guilty, he absolutely deserves to have his life destroyed. But can we at least have the courts do their job before you jumping to that point?  
And @Exhumed Legume, we should hear out the allegations of the victims. With how many people have come forward, and considering that several of these reports come from people he work with, there’s more than likely some truth to him being a scumbag. There’s just no way that many people could be lying; that’s like some conspiracy theory level bullshit.
Exhumed Legume
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Weirdo
The problem I have though is that he’s be punished before being found guilty, and before even being charged with a crime.
Exactly.

But can we at least have the courts do their job before you jumping to that point?
Naw, bruh, Social Justice lynch mobs are the way to go.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Exhumed Legume  
You do realise it’s not uncommon for sexual assault allegations to go unreported  
It’s very well documented, a basic google search shows that  
Also, I don’t think it’s normal for a ~50 year old man to be repeatedly kissing 14 year old girls, just saying

@Silent_Witness  
His life won’t be ruined, he’s probably rich as fuck and probably will still have countless of fangirls who would fuck him

Chris Brown straight up had shit tons of girls saying they would endure him beating them up after he beat the everloving shit out of Rihanna. I doubt it will be any different here

The fact remains that many people accused him of sexual assault, and countless more have accused him of being a terrible human being in general  
These simply cannot be handwaved away, especially when there are evidence to back them up(witness testimony or otherwise)
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Commune  
Let me get this straight. This girl had a picture of Vic kissing her cheek, and you expect me to believe that she was not okay with it, even though the picture clearly shows she was okay with it? Blurry or not, I can see her smiling.

You want me to believe that not only was she not okay with this, but she also waited several weeks to post it?

This is as if I hugged someone in public, and then that particular decided to bring it up to shame me several months later. Worst is that I am a hugger, as I like hugs. So I have hugged a lot of people.
Commune

🚙
@Scrabbleman  
“She was smiling so she had to enjoy it ?”  
This is so fucking disgusting, this is literally the same logic rapists use to justify their actions  
This isn’t just one picture, there are dozens of account from many people about his actions, but sure, go ahead and dismiss them just because they were smiling
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Chippin’ In
@Commune  
Vic’s famous, but he’s no Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby or Chris Brown. In all likelihood, even if the allegations against him don’t end up going anywhere, he’ll still probably never work in voice acting again just from the damage to his reputation alone.

And as for the eyewitness this thing, I actually have something to say about that: Eyewitness testimony is admissible in a court of law. But Vic isn’t in a court of law. Not yet. So it’s understandable why so many people are unwilling to believe even when there are so many allegations. And yeah the pictures are super creepy, and he could probably be put away on those alone, But I’m sure at least some of those are being taken out of context deliberately. I’m not saying that what he’s doing in them is right, but that there is a context behind them that’s being ignored to push an agenda. Something like a video, or multiple eyewitness accounts of a single event, would be harder to dispute.
Exhumed Legume
Economist -
Artist -

Weirdo
His life won’t be ruined, he’s probably rich as fuck and probably will still have countless of fangirls who would fuck him
And that’s all one really needs, right?  
Who cares about having work and a normal, healthy social life as long as you have money and nookie, eh…?

witness testimony
Oh, so this is a police matter? Or are you just using a judicial term to give more credibility to rumors and hearsay?

@Scrabbleman  
So I have hugged a lot of people.
*Gasp!*  
You monster!

@Commune  
“She accused him, therefore he’s guilty” is literally the same logic the KKK used to justify lynchings.  
Funny how that works…
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

[screams in German]
@Commune  
You know that’s not what I said, right? Also, I really hate it when someone decided to retell my words in different forms. Fuck people who do that.

I just can’t understand her logic. If it was me who got kissed, I’d feel really bad and slapped him. If someone held my hand, I’d pull it back. I will force myself through situations, not sit idly like an idiot.

And right now, I’m just wondering, “Why didn’t she do something then and there?”. Can you answer that question? I gave you what I’d do. It’s what seems natural for people to do.

What’s your excuse?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Commune

if (accusation.getAccuser().gender == gender.Woman) accusation.Believe;

Also, accusations are not proof, and nobody is handwaving away the claims. Skepticism shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand because of negative applications in the past, nor should it be dismissed because of some perceived power differential at play.
Commune

🚙
@Scrabbleman  
The same reason why I didn’t tell anyone about my sexual assault when I was like ten until years later  
Fear. Either fear of reprisal or just dread. The guy is a famous voice actor who is way richer than her, why do you expect ?

@Ebalosus  
It’s not just women who are accusing, but also another male voice actor who claimed Vic intruded onto his space  
And with video proof

Vic really is the R Kelly/XXXtentacion for weebs
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Cyborg_pony

For me and my friends when discussing that, it’s a bit of a chicken-and-egg type question, where you wonder if the meth is an aggravating factor in that, or was she and/or her husband always that fucked up and were good at hiding it.
Commune

🚙
@Scrabbleman  
Good for you, but for others, facing up against a person who is richer and more famous, not to mention older, than you can be terrifying, just a thought  
I would like to add my SA was not like hers, nor was my perpetrator, the commonality however, was fear and the person was an older guy
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
GG: Ian Miles Chungus a gud boi. He din du nuffin!  
Anti-GG: Hold my beer

Seriously, every time I throw the book at GG, their opponents come around and do something even more [vaccinated at birth]. The only reason I’m even talking about this is because yet again these chucklefucks are throwing me and the rest of Retake Mass Effect under the bus for something we didn’t instigate.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide