Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
There’s also the “Bullet Bills” sign, though aren’t bullet bills used to power the “Stomper” high jump boots?

There’s also a “Thwomp” sign, though they aren’t present in the movie. I liked how Snifits were the garbagemen in Dinohatten, or the Koopa Kingdom.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, it has surprisingly alot of subtle references to the games in them. Like the hallway walls of Koopa’s tower are decorated with tiles that look like the castle blocks from SMB3. Some are pretty subtle, like Mario confronting King Koopa on a bridge, or Koopa turning the Mushroom Kingdom king to fungus (and it giving Mario a mushroom to help him) is a reference to what he did to the Mushroom people in the game’s original manual story. The guns that shoot fireballs was also a nod to Fire Flowers, and enemies that shoot fireballs at you in the games.  
There were even characters named after Mario enemies/characters like Iggy. Spike, and Big Bertha. (Bertha being the giant SMB3 fish.)

Also, the wind-up Bob-omb wearing Reebok brand shoes was the best weapon.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #2847  
Yeah. they never reissued Bowser Junior, did they?

Kinda wish they did the Koopalings, but those would be a pain to collect ‘em all. (Heck, my Walmart doesn’t even carry Amiibo anymore, despite having an empty Amiibo shelf hanger that says, “Check back for more Amiibo.”)

Kinda a shame Amiibo have become a passed fad, and now are extremely hard to come by.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky

Explosive-loaded robots

Fire Flower: Flamethrower  
Super Mushroom: Knuckledusters (it helps you break walls)

Propeller Mushroom: Drone  
Blue Shell: Remote controlled airstrike missile  
Fake Item Box: Police spike strips to destroy tires  
MiniTurbo: Nitrous Oxide tank  
Mega Mushroom: Strength-inducing drugs/steroids  
Starman: Psychedelic drugs/alcohol  
Shells: Bowling balls to be slammed on someone’s head  
Tanooki suit: Bulletproof vest and knife attached to a chain whip  
Hammer Suit: Hammer as a melee weapon, you can beat and murder your enemies in cold blood

Oh well, this goes too “Racist Mario”- ish XD
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Y’know, considering the 2 Sonic & Megaman comic book crossovers from years ago, I liked how Dr. Eggman, and Wiley combined their technologies together, and that got me wondering if Super Mario & company were there, (Shame Nintendo turned down Archie Comics’ offer to do a Mario comic miniseries pilot) what Bowser’s stuff would’ve been like.

Such as more Wiley or badnik style Bob-Ombs, Bullet Bills, Mechakoopas, Armored Koopatrols, and even a more technologically advanced flying Doomship, or Koopa Clown Kopter. Or Koopalings in Robot Master style robot armor.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #F759  
The Olympics are fun, but yeah…  
I kinda understand an action/adventure platformer game would be difficult to make, because Mario & Sonic have such different gameplay styles, and switching between the styles, and combining them could be jarring for some. (And some that like Mario, or Sonic dislike the other) Sonic having to stop to climb bocks, would slow him down too much, and Super Mario couldn’t run through shuttle-loops.

Though, a comic crossover like with Sonic & Megaman might be a great alternative too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
The Super Mario 35th Anniversary Direct is REAL. I want EVERYTHING!

God I want that SMB Game & Watch soooo bad. I always wanted an actual G&W (and not just those cheap keychain ones) ever sense I played “Game & Watch Gallery 2” on Gameboy.  
Shame it doesn’t have the actual G&W SMB game included in it, but admittedly the NES one is better, and it’s nice to see a new handheld product from Nintendo.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
Well, technically, it’s for the SMB franchise. Actually, Donkey Kong for arcade from 1981 is Mario’s first game, so his true 40th anniversary is next year.

(And guys, don’t give me that “That was ‘Jumpman, not Mario!” bull. Nintendo/Miyamoto/SSB ALL confirm Mario IS Jumpman, and that was just a protypical name that was never even used in-game, nor on the arcade cabinets. The NES/GBA rereleases of DK refer to him as “Mario” in the official instruction manuals, Mario is clearly seen on the front Donkey Kong Classics NES compilation game’s boxart, and even the arcade version of DK Jr. calls him Mario in-game in the cutscenes. How much more proof do we need?)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
Actually, Pac-Man is a year older, and it’s still a popular franchise too. (I even have a mini “Tiny Arcade” keychain Pac-Man arcade cabinet on my table.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide