Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I’m ganna preorder the SMB Game & Watch, because I’m paranoid Ebay scalpers are going to hoard them like with Amiibo, and the NES Classics.

I might wait on 3D All-Stars, and just get it early when the store opens.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Wow I can’t believe it’s been 35 years since Mario first premiered, and I am so looking forward to replaying all my favorite titles, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy! (Hopefully we get SMG2 in the future)

I do like some of these experimental ideas like a Super Mario Bros. 35 players and an in-home Mario Kart game, all I gotta say is Mario has been apart of my childhood and I am so happy to see all these classics becoming replayable!
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
As someone who is collecting every Super Smash Bros Amiibo, I would have been willing to buy all the Koopaling Amiibos if they were made. They would have been easy for me to give nicknames to as well (The DiC names obviously.)

I wish Amiibos didn’t become a passing fad. :( That choice behind Metroid: Samus Returns was what killed the brand, didn’t it?

@Beau Skunky  
I can see in an alternate universe where this happened, one of the covers for the Mario & Sonic & Mega Man version of Worlds Collide has Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily learning from “Professor Bowser” in a classroom. And does this mean for their version of Worlds Unite, would all of Nintendo’s IPs be involved with Sega’s and Capcom’s IPs?

@Beau Skunky  
That was a fun watch! But I’m not sure how much of the games shown I will plan to buy.  
The SMB Game & Watch was cool and not to put envy into you but I do have the Club Nintendo production version of Game & Watch Ball. Adding SMB2: The Lost Levels is a nice touch as well so everybody can have rage on the go. But I feel this is gonna be the most scalped out of all the games shown. Usually, I like to go towards newer games since I don’t replay older games as much you do even with re-released on newer hardware unless they have additional bonus features. But I think this will the most valuable of the games shown on the direct so I might get this one.  
I expected SM3DW to be rereleased and I love that game. Hopefully the Bowser’s Fury content will be worth the price.  
SMB35 is an interesting idea for a Mario themed Battle Royale but why is the game time limited? Do they need that game’s server for something else planned?  
Mario Kart Live Home Circuit looks like an interesting experimental title and seems to be the most exploitable for memes and fanart. I’m looking forward to those. But I feel the game might suffer from being interrupted if anything interferes with the track that has been played out. I mean, I think it would be funny if someone’s pets run through the track and act as unexpected hazards but I think technology might not be there yet. This game is clearly worthy of a review from someone like AntDude to see if the experience is worth it.  
Holy shit, actual GOOD rewards from MyNintendo? Maybe this event will help them improve.  
A Mario Kart Tour event? Hmph! They had their chance with me but they blew it.  
Super Mario All-Stars on SNES Online? I haven’t beaten Lost Levels compared to the others and this version lets you access Worlds 9 to D easier than the Famicom version. I’ll take that.  
Super Mario 3D All-Stars, the game we all saw coming a mile away! Like everyone else, my first question is “Where is SMG2?” That game is as of high quality as the other 3D Marios. It makes the collection feel incomplete. I also don’t know about getting this one as well. The only additional feature is the sound tests for each game and I like my game compilations for games I’ve played to have so much more. Also why the hell is this collection going to be time limited EVEN as a digital download? Is Nintendo really trying to start scalping wars on purpose? That doesn’t sound like a smart business model! Regardless I’m glad that others will be able to play these games for the first time and on the go and the rest of the internet seems to agree-already seeing comments and mini meltdowns about all the glitches from SM64 being removed for the Switch version making me believe this game’s community were mainly interested in the speedrunning and glitch exploiting.…oh…  
Also sorry for dumping my complete thoughts on the direct on this reply.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Didn’t they say it’ll be available ‘till March? (Though, they may rerelease it later via Nintendo Selects like the Wii one.)

@Red-Supernova  
I imagine, a Mario, Sonic, Megaman comic crossover would’ve been awesome, and sense Ian Flynn is also a Mario/Nintendo fan, (not just a Sonic/Sega, Megaman/Capcom one) he’d probably do a good job blending the franchises together. His Waluigi would be hilarious I imagine.

I agree about the “Fall of Amiibo,” especially because now they’ve become more niché I can rarely find them in normal stores now, let alone electronic ones… And there’s still some I missed I wish they’d renew. (They did renew K.Rool on the Nintendo website, thinking of getting that. Though, I’m saving up for Shantae on Limited Run.)

I would’ve used the D.i.C. cartoon names too. I actually call my Bowser Amiibo “King Koopa.”

I hear it was more the “Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival” game that killed Amiibo. The game was so hated, it gave Amiibo a bad rep’ as a “money grab.” (And AC fans were upset WiiU never got a “real” AC game.) One Youtuber hated it so much, he burned the Isabelle & Digby Amiibo on video for all to see. (Admittedly, as an Isabelle fan that made me cringe. Plus I hate it when people destroy hard to find Amiibo, like that other MarioTehPlumber douchebag.)  
Honestly, I don’t get it, because while not a great game, it wasn’t bad for a more casual board game experience with some AC flavor mixed in. And “requiring Amiibo” shouldn’t of been that big an issue, because the game came with 2 figures, (even when it’s price dropped) and several Amiibo cards. I think it would’ve been better received if the game was free, or lower cost, sense other Amiibo-required games were free, and got no backlash.

The SMB Game & Watch was cool and not to put envy into you but I do have the Club Nintendo production version of Game & Watch Ball.

OMG I wanted that! Ever sense I played Game & Watch Gallery 2 on Gameboy as a kid, and read about G&Wes, I always wanted one. Closest I ever got was one of those GB-shaped “Nintendo Mini Classics” keychain ones. (Would prefered rectangular ones.)  
Kinda wish Nintendo would license them to some other company to reissue.

I think everyone expected a SM3DW remake, but the additional “Bowser’s Fury” mode was unexpected. (I thought they’d just add Toadette or something, and that’s it.) So that makes it more worth the wait.

SMB35 looks great, and yeah, there’s no reason for a download game to be limited time. They might bring it back again though.

Mario Kart Live Home Circuit will definitely be popular, especially with kids.  
I hope 2D Mario & DK Jr. won’t be hard to get in Mario Kart Tour. “Dr. Mario World” gave you 8-bit Dr. Mario for free, no problem.

Yeah, 3 old games for $60 or $50 doesn’t feel like a good buy, (4 at least would be better, or maybe incude “3D Land,” but that would require reprogramming it into a single screen game, which apparently Nintendo didn’t care to waste time on.) but I’m glad the collection is real, and still want it. Also, how do we even know all the glitches are removed? The Virtual Console & Classic System games still have their glitches. I think those guys just need something to complain about.

lol it’s ok about the long post. Regardless of all the “limited time” B.S. looks like it’ll be a great Mario anniversary.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I definitely understand why it annoying that 3-D all stars doesn’t include Galaxy 2 But Jesus Christ that doesn’t mean nintendo forgot about it or they didn’t clear about it
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, I assume it wasn’t included, because they only wanted one Galaxy style game in it, and were probably afraid consumers/critics would accuse them of “sequelitis,” or something.

“3D Land” might’ve been a better alternative, but I guess Nintendo didn’t want to waste time reprogramming it into a single-screen game, and to work on Switch. (And it’s graphics probably wouldn’t look good in HD.) Even “porting” games takes alot of work/time, gamers don’t understand, because they still have to do/change some things to make it work on newer hardware, and a Switch is not like an “easy to program” PC.
Background Pony #2847
That Mario Kart live thing looks neat, but I’m pretty sure it’s meant for a house’s living room, and my apartment isn’t big enough for a track.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Beau Skunky
Also Galaxy 2 is almost identical to the original infact believe it was originally supposed to be a DLC expansion to the original

Honestly, I kinda disagree. Putting it that way, makes it sound like it’s the same game.  
Sure the physics, some of the items, and stuff are reused, but I think it has enough differences to differentiate it. Literally, every level is new, (except a few throwback stages later on) it has many new NPCs/enemies, new bosses, new music, Yoshi, a map hub that works like a 2D game, a greater focus on platforming then exploring, and a greater challenge then the previous one.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
That’s actually how “Breath of the Wild 2” started out too.  
Similarly, the Japanese “SMB2:Lost Levels” got started accidentally, when they were working on the arcade version of SMB, titled “VS SMB.” Like SMG2, they made too many new levels accidentally making a new game.

@Background Pony #2847  
I can’t decide which one is “My Mario.”
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
With the announcement of all the new Mario games to come, it’s worth noting that the Switch currently has the most ports of main Mario titles in it; With  
Super Mario Bros.  
Super Mario Bros. 2  
Super Mario Bros. 3  
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels  
Super Mario World  
Super Mario 64  
Super Mario Sunshine  
Super Mario Galaxy  
New Super Mario Bros. U  
and Super Mario 3D World  
(The only titles not included are NSMB, NSMB2, NSMBWii, 3D Land and Galaxy 2)  
It’s pretty amazing to have one system where you can play all these classic titles as well as the newest of the group being Super Mario Odyssey.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
You didn’t mention the Gameboy games, Super Mario Land 1 & 2, which aren’t available yet on Switch.  
Not to mention, games like Donkey Kong, Mario Bros. arcade, & Wrecking Crew, also star Mario.

And technically. the arcade “VS Super Mario Bros.” is kinda different from the original NES version, (like it replaces the “repeat” levels with new ones) and the Switch is it’s first official release on a home console.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@lonewolf  
Well you can decorate your race track with any toys and plushies as the scenery. I had the idea of doing that if I were to get the game and I would call the track “Manchild Circuit”.

@Beau Skunky  
Oh I’m sure! Even if certain dickheads will call the story just “clashing action figures together”.  
I can see in that alternate universe where the Mario comics happened, 2013 would have featured a Year of Luigi arc with one issue being a Waluigi story. But just imagine the World Unites arc with Nintendo’s other IPs included! I remember you saying that Ian loves the Star Fox series so I’m sure he’ll do those characters justice.

Amiibos really deserve a second chance. With better planning on what features they can do for the games as well.

Heh heh, my Bowser Amiibo is known as “Dennis”.

That is fucking despicable of that man to destroy those poor Amiibos. I love Isabelle too so I would have at least gotten a couple Amiibos out of the game.  
Amiibo Festival while not the worst game ever, still made some questionable decisions about its range of accessible playablity. Lowering the price and being able to collect other animals in-game with Amiibos being an alternative to get them right away would have lowered the backlash. Plus, New Leaf had the main series covered so there was no need for a Wii U entry, especially as the Wii U was struggling in sales.

Game & Watch Gallery 2 was also my introduction into learning that Game & Watches exist as well. Unfortunately the battery inside my Game & Watch needs to be replaced and I lack the knowledge to fix it. Owning one of the original Game & Watches sold back in the 80s would be cool as well.  
Me too. But we all know how Nintendo is about their fear of licensing their products.

I just wanted something tangible to make buying and playing the game again worth my time and hopefully Bowser’s Fury will do just that. Funny enough, I remember SomecallmeJohnny claiming that Nintendo was possibly testing the grounds for a 3D World port with how he felt playing as Toadette in the 3D World style felt natural.

I’ve never played a Battle Royale game so naturally, leave it to Mario to help others get introduced.

Looks like it. Its like another form of Nintendo Labo when you look at it closely. But I think fanartist and memers are also gonna get mileage from the “real life things as possible level design and hazards” possibility.  
Oh really? I just booted up Dr. Mario World and got 8-Bit Dr. Mario. That was nice of them. Also the 16-Bit Mario and DK Jr. are just gonna be cameos.  
The version of Super Mario 64 on this collection is known as the Shindou edition from what I’ve heard. A patched version of the game released a year after the original release in Japan. So the glitches including the famous backward long jump is gone and even the line “So long-a Bowser” is gone in which memers are sad about.

And thanks. Writing long posts is kinda my thing.

@Background Pony #2847  
Too bad that only covers the main titles because I wonder how many of the spinoff games people would consider to be “Their Mario”?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide