Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Star Wars General

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
Fuck if know.

Kanan said the Jedi won the war with Manidalore so I guess the Mandalorian Wars still happened.  
But if he phrases it like that I guess the whole Order went to war not just renegades like in old canon?
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
That is kinda what it’s meant to stand for.

Star Wars Legends, formerly known as the Expanded Universe (abbreviated EU), encompasses every one of the officially licensed, fictional background stories of the Star Wars universe, outside of the original six Star Wars films produced by George Lucas and certain other material such as Star Wars: The Clone Wars, created before April 25, 2014. It is derived from and includes most official Star Wars–related books, comic books, video games, spin-off films, television series, toys, and other media created before the date. This material expands and continues the stories told in the films, taking place anywhere from over 36,000 years before The Phantom Menace to 136 years after Return of the Jedi. The issue of which aspects are canon was one of the most hotly debated topics among fans.
On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm Ltd. announced that in preparation for the upcoming sequel trilogy, the Expanded Universe would be retconned; past tales of the Expanded Universe will be printed under the Star Wars Legends banner, and a new continuity has been established that consists only of the original six films, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film, and all future material from that point onward. Though past elements of the Expanded Universe have been declared non-canon as a whole, they remain a resource for future Star Wars material to reference, thus bringing these elements into the new continuity as canon.[1][2] Until today, the only Legends product that is still being released is the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, along with short stories published at the Star Warsblog.

Can stuff be made canon again? Sure.  
But it’s frustrating cause it’s in this weird Schrödinger’s Cat phase neither living or died.  
And old storylines like the aforementioned Knight Errant aren’t getting continued anytime soon if ever at all.  
To say nothing of games like 1313 getting trashed and the license going too… well we all know what happened there.
Meanlucario
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
What tribe of the Witches of Dathomir would be best for a member leaving the planet to explore the galaxy and finding her animal companion?

@Darth Prime  
Well, stop trying to see the two canons as the same will solve the Schrödinger’s Cat problem, and you can look for what of the OR Disney says is in their canon.

As for 1313, blame EA for nuking that ship to focus on manipulative multiplayer games that earn more money in the short term.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Dude, EA literally said that they canned it because they wouldn’t make money off of it. EA is infamous for screwing over companies and IPs they buy. This is on them, not Disney.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
And again Disney is still the ones that chose EA.

Also maybe read the Wikipedia on 1313.

On April 3, 2013, it was announced that The Walt Disney Company had ceased internal development at LucasArts and laid off its staff, except a skeleton crew of less than 10 employees which would allow LucasArts to remain open as a licensor. As a result, all projects were shut down, including Star Wars 1313.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Seeing as how they owned Bioware, the creators of the beloved Old Republic games, it was likely a good idea at the time, though EA kind of a shit when it comes to that stuff (doesn’t help that EA is infamous for contracts that are heavily in their favour, like like the one they have with Disney and the ones they have with the people they have with those that were given early copies of Battlefield 2).

Also, a video on the game you might want to watch.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Angrybrony  
So I’m “that guy” for recognising an attempt at making a Lovecraftion being in a popular franchise? I’d call it out no matter what the franchise was, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, or My Little Pony.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Angrybrony
So I’m “that guy” for recognising an attempt at making a Lovecraftion being in a popular franchise? I’d call it out no matter what the franchise was, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, or My Little Pony.

I noticed that too. The thing in the Maw in the Solo film looked like Azathoth, or some other of the Great old Ones.
Mad Black

@Meanlucario
I didn’t but I will when it’s on Netflix.

If they will out it on Netflix. After all, Disney will start their own Streaming Portal in 2019, so even if it will be available on Netflix, it won’t be for long.  
But at that topic, why is Netflix catalog shrinking so much recently? It seems that more and more classics aren’t available anymore.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mad Black  
I think, at least for Disney movies, they’re trying to replace the cartoon version of their movies with the live-action versions (like Beauty and the Beast).
Mad Black

@Darth Prime
I heard it’s not that good.

Solo was good, it just has a bad reputation, even before it got out it was bashed into the ground. Personally I liked it, thought I have quite a few nitpicks with it. But today anything gets either nitpicked to death, or glorified beyond anything. Often for silly meta stuff, like who gets casted, what gender they are and what skin color they have.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide