Star Wars General

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Honestly, being a Jedi or Sith never interested me. Lightsabers are cool, the Force is cool, but Jedi and Sith don’t do it for me.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I may be castrated for this, but I hope the Yuuzhan Vong never appear in the new canon. As far as I can tell, they’re a race that’s just there to be an even bigger bad than the Empire, and are cut off from the Force for reasons.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Background Pony #2E4A

@Meanlucario  
Not that I have any strong opinions about the Vong but people re-evaluated Beast Machines after Energon.  
And I realize if you know nothing about Transformers that doesn’t mean anything but the point is the thing that was reviled can become appealing when something perceived as worse comes out.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Meanlucario  
atleast they’re not just “the empire but more yelling and bigger cuz fuck u”.

and they’re not just cut from the force, their 80% immune to all force based attacks.  
pulse all their tech is H.R. Giger-ish bio-tech like they world ships are giant constant sized ecosystems.  
and they have a different philosophy from the empire.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Angrybrony  
They just a big-bad that was made to one-up the movies’ big bad. Can they be different? Absolutely, but seeing as they’re still there to go “You thought the Empire was powerful, than check out these guys!” Also, why are they Force-resistant?
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Meanlucario  
it’s a very long story so i’m just going to past this guys answer.

The YV originally came about on Yuuzhan’tar, a living planet. It was slightly different from most planets in that it was sentient, thought it was pretty (Because it had a shiny asteroid belt around it) and could do something unpleasant to you if you tossed that can out the window while doing 90 down the highway. The YV were connected to it, always.
So the YV were hanging around and having a good time, being YV, and everything was great. Then the droids attacked and everything went to hell. After being beaten back on all fronts for a long time, the Planet finally decided “Hey, you know what? Here. Just take this and go away. Please stop them from strip mining me, too, kthx.” and taught them how to make bioweapons - the first step along the path to changing from these ur-Vong to the modern day Vong.
But the war dragged on even with that, the species changed, the culture changed. They became violent and warlike and generally unpleasant, slowly transfiguring into the Battle-Mormans we know today. But they won, and drove off the droids. And were then at a loss of things to do. So they proceeded to spread the good word by destroying any mechanical technology they could find in their Galaxy. The rest of their slaves (and future slaves) sort of didn’t like this idea of being slaves who could never possibly rebel and elected to fight back.
This resulted in a war that destroyed their homeworld of Yuuzhan’tar. One they won, but at a terrible cost. The symbiosis with their homeworld was broken, a connection they’d evolved to have. Every member of the Yuuzhan Vong was blinded to the Force by the pain this caused at every level of their being (And is sort of responsible for their fetish for it, since, you know, they want that symbiosis back at their most primal levels. They just don’t know it).
And that created the modern Yuuzhan Vong. Battle hardened, blind to the Force, pained at every level of their existence and bent on spreading their biotechnological ways as a homage to their dead Home and to prevent their own near genocide from ever re-occurring.. Two of the YV are known to have been Force-Sensitives: Somehow they looked past the torn connection and reached out into the web of life.

There are some holes in the explanation given in the EU but it stems from the origins of the Vong. Though from another galaxy, they did exist within the Force. They were force-sensitive and lived in a symbiotic relationship with their homeworld, which would eventually spawn another living, sentient world known as Zenoma Sekot.
The Vong became involved in a massive war. In the course of this war, their homeworld was destroyed. It was at this time that they were cut off from the Force. I don’t think exactly why this happened is really explained but presumably it has something to do with their relationship to their homeworld.
During the invasion the Jedi came to believe that the Vong existed outside the Force since many Force powers did not affect them and the Jedi could not sense them.
There were clues to the fact that they were not entirely absent from the Force, though. There were a couple powers that still worked on them, such as Force Lightning. A few Jedi developed the ability to sense the Vong in the Force, dubbing this power Vongsense. Then Jacen Solo discovered the Unifying Force. He was able to sense the Vong. He was also able to sense that a lowly Vong slave was in fact the manipulator who was controlling their Supreme Leader and that this Vong was force-sensitiv
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
The dangerous way to look at critism.  
I don’t deny there’s the knee jerk reaction to reject new stuff but to be so dismissive to say “you don’t like it cause it’s new” is as simple minded as hating something just because it’s new.

I mean look at Ducks Tales while I’m sure there are detractors I mostly see positive reactions to it.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Angrybrony  
If pain was all that it took to become resistant to the Force (not cut off like the Rakata, but be practically immune to it), than many anti-Jedi and Sith groups would just torture themselves. And seeing as the Sith were all about destruction and pain, I think the writer was pulling that excuse to make them more threatening than the Empire out of their ass.

Also, why out-of-universe are they anti-tech (or mechanical tech, since biotech is a thing)? It’s a story of a super powerful anti-machine group that rolls the heroes until they join their old pro-machine enemies and are able to defeat the anti-machine group. Is the story anti-environmental, because that’s the story if you peel back the Star Wars brand.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Very true, but I’m given the strong impression that the Star Wars fandom is a bit more hateful and “anti-new” than most fandoms (enough to have the guy that play Jar Jar try to commit suicide or the actor who played Kid Anakin to never act again).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide