Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@ArkyNoid  
When I was in high school we had these TVs on the wall and they’d show school News and other boring stuff, but they’d also show ads. Most of them were military recruitment ads, not to mention military recruiters would visit the school every now and then. The school I went to had a lot kids whose families were low income so it’s obvious they were what the recruiters were looking for.

Then again it’s been that way for a long time, having the poor form the bulk of a nation’s army.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

http://thediplomat.com/2017/08/todays-nuclear-north-korea-is-yesterdays-china-lessons-from-history/

This article analyzes the current situation with North Korea by comparing it to a similar situtation with Maoist China in the 1960s. The gist of it is that North Korea doesn’t pose much of a threat…as long as we continue to guarantee the security of South Korea and Japan, and don’t succumb to the temptation to throw Taiwan under the bus in order to gain mainland China’s cooperation in reigning them in.

The problem, of course, is that I doubt Trump, or anyone around him, can be trusted to do any of these things.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
There is a Neo-Nazi march happening at Charlottesville and no one is stopping them  
Remember when nazis were considered bad ?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Commune  
Let them march. As long as they don’t hurt anyone, then the free speech laws still apply.

If we stop them simply because of their shitty and horrible beliefs, then we should stop all marches such as anti-weaponry, democracy, peaceful revolutions, etc.. I do not tolerate double standards.
Valerie Shimmerwing

@Commune  
Considering the rallies are protests against the removals of the statues of Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson, let them whine about such petty matters.

Also, ironically enough for these Neo-Nazis,

In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral & political evil in any Country. It is useless to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence.  
–Robert E. Lee, to Mary Anna Lee, December 27, 1856
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Question stuff and enjoy
“Free country” oh boy did I see that magic phrase? It’s pretty subjective. That’s all I’ll say at the moment.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Commune  
But they haven’t done anything drastic yet so it’s fine.

I don’t like them nor do I like their ideals.  
But I will fight to the death to protect their right of free speech.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!

🚙
@HJSDGCE  
To quote fucking Hitler himself  
“Only one danger could have jeopardised this development – if our adversaries had understood its principle, established a clear understanding of our ideas, and not offered any resistance. Or, alternatively, if they had from the first day annihilated with the utmost brutality the nucleus of our new movement.”
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@HJSDGCE

They may have the right to say whatever disgusting thing they want, but free speech is a two-way street, and the rest of us have the right - and should exercise the right - to argue with them, to condemn their views, and to not allow them to be comfortable expressing them.

When their views are “Kill and/or deport everyone outside of our race” then their speech may be protected legally, but they damn well won’t be protected from the social and professional consequences, nor should they be.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Commune  
I don’t agree with what Hitler said, but he can spout as much bullshit as he likes.  
But if his bullshit endangers the country, populous and economy, I oppose him.

This applies to anyone really. To listen to other people’s ideas, even if they are wrong to you. To garner an understanding and realize both their faults and your own. No ideology is perfect. No system is unbreakable. Continuously growing from your mistakes is an ideal that I value a lot in human nature.

Being trapped in an echo chamber like what you said? That’s the definition of Hell.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
They may have the right to say whatever disgusting thing they want, but free speech is a two-way street, and the rest of us have the right - and should exercise the right - to argue with them, to condemn their views, and to not allow them to be comfortable expressing them.
When their views are “Kill and/or deport everyone outside of our race” then their speech may be protected legally, but they damn well won’t be protected from the social and professional consequences, nor should they be.

I agree. Argue with them, tell them their wrong. DO ALL THAT! DON’T JUST SIT IDLY!

I never said that we shouldn’t argue with them. I said that they have as much rights as we do. We have our own power to exercise, but not the power to take their rights from them. It’s about using your power carefully.

If we take the rights of those we dislike, what makes us better than tyrants? Use the rights we have in the same limit they do. If they make you uncomfortable and you don’t argue back, then you’ve wasted your potential.
Dr. Eggman

aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik
@HJSDGCE

Well, of course. I’ve never advocated for revoking any speech rights.

But all too often when you argue with a far-right extremist, their response will be “Nuh uh, I have free speech, stop trying to censor me.”

This is a group of people who, by and large, have trouble grasping what “free speech” and “censorship” mean, as to them it often just means “daring to call them wrong.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide