Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@igotnopicks

It shouldn’t surprise anyone.

This now leaves one major world actor with key influence in Syria to move unchecked.

Russia.

Only a short time ago, US led forces destroyed an Assad strike team that was headed by apparent Russian mercs. Russia has stated time and time again that they have a keen interest in Syria.

With the US out of the picture, their plans can run unabated.

Also his statement that “ISIS in Syria is defeated” confused the hell out of the military community. Especially considering they launched a successful terror strike in Raqqa literally 10 min before Trump’s announcement.

Trump does not have America’s interest in mind.

How does one say “Make America Great Again” in Russian?
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Zincy  
America’s interest is no longer necessarily in the Middle East, and it really shouldn’t have been in the first place. For the most part, I consider withdrawal a good thing, assuming it actually happens. “If we don’t keep colonies in Africa, the Germans will keep colonies in Africa, so therefore we must have colonies in Africa” didn’t work out so well for the British. That’s not a one-to-one comparison with the situation in the Middle East, but I think the logic is worth questioning.

Also, the recent pension reforms in Russia have damaged Putin’s popularity. It’s not some unstoppable juggernaut that needs the full might of the U.S. military machine to counteract it. Same thing with ISIS. If it somehow manages to rise again, it’ll be due in large part to the sheer ineffectiveness and incompetence of the region’s “legitimate” governments.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@HeadlessHorselessHorseman

We shouldn’t have been there in the first place, yes.

But now that we are, we need to finish the job and not pull another Iraq.

To leave before the mission is finished is to open up a power vacuum in the region.

A gap that Russia, Iran, and ISIS will exploit.

Whether you like it or not, America does have a strategic reason to maintain a presence in the region. Limiting Russian influence, weakening and destroying ISIS, preventing the resurgence of other terror groups, reinforcing the Kurds and keeping them from butting heads with Turkey, cutting the flow of arms from Iran into the hands of Hezboala, and maintaining strength in an area of western trade.

None of those goals have been accomplished yet.

You’d think we’d of learned from the clusterfuck that was Iraq that cutting and running before the job is done is far, far worse than completing it.

If we just up and bolt in a month, the situation there will deteriorate, and it will hurt US and local conditions.

The world is more nuanced than you believe, and sometimes you need to look at things mechanistically. Fact of the matter is, America has a vested interest in maintaining strength in the region until such a time as it is no longer needed.

And yea, I’m a little biased toward American interests. We need to be keen to our own, and our allies. And Russia ain’t one.

Get the job done first. Don’t go in, blow shit up, and run. Rebuild, stabilize, and finish.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Apparently, they’re pulling the diplomatic Corp as well as civilian aid workers.

Effectively removing all US influence in the region.

We are bending over for Russia.

@Zincy  
The U.S. has possibly the most sophisticated counter-terror security apparatuses in the world. We have a lot more to fear from internal enemies (right-wing domestic terrorism) than external. And frankly, a pivot towards Iran and away from, at long last, the Saudis and maybe even Israel could be overdue.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
For the resident conservatives that have questioned my insistence that I do have some conservative aspects of my being, let this stand as the record.

I am livid at this. The utter disregard for the opinions and advice of our military leadership, the willful bending over to our enemies, the white flag waving to a terrorist group that wants to see our nation burn.

It is the most anti-American thing he has done in his long history of complete and utter fuckups.

I am completely convinced that he is on Russia’s payroll.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@HeadlessHorselessHorseman

Except Iran won’t be the main player here. Russia will.

You know, the country led by the leader that high-fived Saudi Arabia’s murder-in-chief, and joined them in weakening the climate accord to save our planet?

Russia is, was, and for the foreseeable future, shall be antithetical to American, and world interests.

Patton should have marched his way to Moscow.

@Zincy  
Putin is getting old, and so far it doesn’t seem like he has an able successor to take his place in the event of retirement or death. Once he’s left the stage, Russia could relatively easily descend into a war between oligarchs.

And Trump bears at least as much responsibility for tearing up the climate accords and cozying up to MBS.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Dustcan  
Why would it need to beg for money? Everyone knows that those who worked for any political campaigns are rich as fuck. How else would they afford all that pizazz? Donations? We all know that’s just lobbying.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Scrabbleman

That’s been Trump’s MO after his umpteenth bankruptcy/business failure: don’t risk your own money and spend everyone elses.

The recently disolved Trump Foundation was exactly that.
Background Pony #73C5
It also includes a phone number where you can call and say Thank You to Trump…and cuts you off to beg for money.
I wish there was even a slight chance Trump will ever actually hear any of those messages (aside from possibly whichever ones hit the highest levels of cloying sycophanty). I’d gladly spend an entire day enumerating my loathing for him in 20 second phone messages.

Also, I’m not surprised he’s already on the begging for money stage. He’s got to get to it before his supporters lose all their cash because of his tariffs and utter economic incompetence.
Prince Areo
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

CALM DOWN LUNA!!
One quote I know from George Carlin: “It’s called an American Dream. You have to be ASLEEP to believe it.”

His words still stuck to me to this day.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Trump is good at one thing, hamstringing the GOP.

“Mr. President, we’ve passed a popular criminal justice reform!”

“Sorry, can’t hear you, pulling out of Syria while my lawyer lies on national television.”
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Someone seriously made a GoFundMe page for Donald Trump’s retarded wall….and it’s already hit nearly 2 million
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide