Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Latecomer

To a degree.

But, the DNC has, to their credit, managed to rebuild the fundraising apparatus that Obama had built. It has all but atrophied under Obama’s last 2 years, and Clinton never really rebuilt it. They relied too heavily on big number donors, and their ground game went to shit.

They actually managed to fix that this year.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

No one with a brain actually thought he couldn’t win. The polls were not wrong.

Trump won within the margin of error across every swing state. Meaning, he consistently fell within what the polls predicted, most of the time within the +/-3. Only an idiot who has never heard of statistics believes that a poll gives you a precise number. Clinton never polled outside the margin. Biden has done so across most polls. Every poll is a range, a cloud not a point.

Moreover, Trump won by the slimmest of margins in several states, and he has done very little to expand his base. In fact, every shred of evidence has shown he has lost support. He has declined amoung older adults, whites with a college degree, women, blacks, hispanics, gays, suburban whites, ex-urban whites, naturalized citizens, moderates, centrists, and swings.

Trump was never really the underdog when you sift back through the data. He wasn’t the favored, but his chances were rosier than they first appeared. He was the new blood that a lot of people were willing to give the benefit of the doubt. And his slim wins in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania proved it. He skirted by under the watchful eye of an error margin, but that advantage has evaporated.

Can he still win? Yes. But make no mistake, the landscape is even less in his favor now. Ignore those signs at your own peril. Clinton ignored the nuances in the data and believed she was a shoe-in, and she paid the price.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
So are we just going to ignore the hours and hours worth of news coverage across the MSM that showed he would lose in a landslide, or the reporters that literally were saying he could not and would not win? Regardless of what the real numbers were, the media displayed a very different view, and they’re repeating it all over again.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

I care little for what rando-talking heads are saying. Those mouth-pieces fell for the same trap Clinton did.

The data still showed him with a decent chance of winning. And he won, just as the real numbers showed. Regardless of the protestations of the media.

This time around, however, the numbers paint a very, very different picture. You are, ironically, doing just what those media heads do. Ignoring the data because it is inconvenient. They ignored the actual data that showed him with a real, clear path to victory. A slim one, but a path. Now, people like you are ignoring the data too.  
full
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
I’m actually not. I said I hope it will be the same as 2016 and Trump will win. Not that it will be just like 2016 and Trump is guaranteed to win, which would be actually ignoring the data.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@vit  
@tehwatever
… How does one go from the Nazis to the racists to religion? There’s a reason why the slippery slope is a fallacy
I know it is. Was just trying it out. I dont expect nobody to actually buy the statement I made. I even announced it beforehand.

I was tryin to use a common thread to connect all three. Slippery slope could work when you could weave a single thread however flimsy to make the slope.

I was throwin around things that the stereotypical “left” doesnt like; namely nazis racist and…abrahamaic religion.

Slippery slope is what I do when I tryna scare somebody.  
“Look, they got Bob who lives 2 blocks from here. They gon’ get yer neighbor next, and they gon’ get YOU!”  
It matters little if you and Bob and your neighbor don’t have much in common, as long as in your mind you “recognize” a single commonality between you three (being in the same area) you will make the connection.

Scam artists capitalize on that first few moments of connection by saying “You gotta act NOW!” They dont let you think “hey wait a min–”
Background Pony #1F81
Jeffery Epstein’s confidante and alleged accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested by the FBI.
anthroking

@Angrybrony  
Seeing as she might have possible information on some people, it will be more than likely that they will say she died or is suffering from covid 19, or that’s she is in serious/critical condition from a botched suicide and try to kill her or wait till she dies.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
full
full
Isn’t that fascinating. As soon as the Street Food Summer of Love Festival showed up atthe Mayor’s house to Express their love all of a sudden the place can be cleared out in an hour.
A month of destruction, 4 people shot with two of those people murdered (both teenagers), at least one attempted rape, countless assaults, millions of dollars in property damage. And all of that could have been prevented with less than an hour’s worth of work.
fullChaz has now been reduced to a heaping pile of filthy garbage. A slightly smaller one, anyway.
How poetic.
Meanwhile, 8.3 million guns have been sold in the United States since March, meaning 2020 is on course to be the biggest year for gun sales in American history. Almost like 2020 - The Year of the Riot - is the year the ‘you don’t need guns to defend your home’ narrative collapsed.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
full

Of course, I am aware that there are very contradictory opinions in this thread, but I am proud that we, as Germany, will once again have a chance to make Europe strong again. There is a chance to stand up to the previous nationalist movements and at last to work together for a united, federal alliance. May fortune and fate be on our side to prepare this continent towards a further step of peaceful unification.

Together. Making Europe strong again.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@MagpulPony

Since 1 July 2020, Germany has been taking over the presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) for six months. As a member of the European Green Party, I was reluctant at first, but after all I have heard so far, especially from the ranks of the Christian-Conservative Party (old friends with whom I studied together, but we were already on politically different sides at that time), I am sure that we are on the threshold of a new age.

It probably has something to do with the Corona virus (this crisis has really shaken a lot, not just the people and the economy, at least here in Europe). But in particular the nationalist measures taken so far (such as the immediate closure of the borders) have proved to be absolute stupidity. Of course, the fear of all European populations is understood, but a nation alone cannot and will not be able to defend itself against a global threat. Even our otherwise conservative parties here in Germany have understood this lesson. Citizens, especially in Germany (but probably also in France), are ready to take the idea of a common Europe to the next level. Of course, we are not talking about the United States of Europe. That would be ridiculous. But the common will of a federal community, which asserts itself self-confidently against the problems and enemies of this time, is clearly recognizable. Bulgarian and Greek sources in particular welcome this development. Of course, Europe is still a mess of different interests, but we are beginning to see that it is only by working together that we can assert ourselves against the patronage of the United States, the Russians and the Chinese.

Well, the British way I like to comment here only with a slight smile, without going into it further. I am well aware of certain members of this forum. Nevertheless, all the news from the last two days that I have got, gives me hope that we Germans in particular are finally aware of the fact that the time of the current status quo is over. In the face of such power monger politicians as Trump, Putin and Xi Jinping, we can no longer pretend that the only important thing is that the German economy is running. I am very pleased that this opinion has finally gained acceptance in the conservative parties of my home country. Our youth have long been protesting against these developments and are no longer willing to submit to the agenda of these self-declared superpowers. We parents didn’t raise them like that. We grew up with the American and the Russian as “partners”. But they have become aware of themselves that a world under the rule of these so-called superpowers can no longer be reconciled with the European self-image. I am very proud that our European young people are no longer guided by this illusion that the world as it was divided after the Second World War is a real one. And that more and more European citizens recognize and reject the influence of the Chinese as such. Europe is slowly awakening from its Sleeping Beauty.

And happier than anything else is the fact that my own Green Party has finally committed itself to its pro-European responsibility. Not a naïve eco-philosophy, but committed to the will and desire to unite the European countries under a common agenda, devoid of any false pacifism. We will do everything we can to strengthen Europe and to fight against those divisive elements, envies and enemies. So 2020 has something good after all. Here is a big middle finger against those pro-nationalist supporters who have always believed that we left-democratic supporters will let dance on our noses forever. We will fight them!

And we have more than enough friends in science, industry and politics, and especially in the youngest generation, to stop being declared weak by you. Europe will stand together or fall together. An EXIT is not a serious alternative. Europe will unite. Slowly, of course. But it’s democratic. And above all, economically. From north to south, from west to east. We’re doing everything we can to reposition ourselves. Stronger. United. More confident. The populists may always pretend from the rhetoric that they are the strong power, the only alternative. But that’s a lie that the Corona virus just denied. I am glad that 2020 does not seem to be just a lost year. In the background, it is precisely those groups that are committed to a common (especially economic) unity of Europe that unite.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@kleptomage

So you mean a chance like Crimea to defend itself against the Russian invasion? Oh, of course. If the members of the EU believe that this is the right way forward, we will not stop them. Nor will we prevent Switzerland from terminating its treaties with the EU.

Reality check: In the end, the economic and territorial secession will speak for themselves. The EU itself will not keep anyone in its own ranks by force of arms. But any further weakening of the EU will only prove how much others are interested in destabilising us. And in the end, there’s going to be something we’re not willing to part with. And then Europe will (have to) fight back.

If you do not believe me, please ask yourself how it can be that previous pacifist parties have to adapt their own agenda to the current situation. The reason for this is simple. If we believed until the Obama administration that one can negotiate sensibly with the respective power blocs, it has become clear to everyone by this year at the latest that one cannot trust others. We (core) Europeans must learn to believe in ourselves. And just to compare this with the whole “gun” discussion of the last weeks: As a trained soldier, I will of course defend my European homeland at all times. If necessary, with a rifle in my hand. Democrats can also be defensive. Just don’t underestimate us.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide