Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
If Biden’s no-doubt-to-become-a-meme “I AM the Democratic Party” is any indication, the left-wing did lose the fight.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Republican rep Pat Garofalo tweeted this out a few minutes ago.

“The President of the United States is a world class asshole.”

That’s from a senior republican congressmen.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Trump is now tripling down on his misinformation on mail-in voting. And trying to assert that no winner will be determined for months.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Biden is a class act with his cool right now.

If someone out and out disrespected my dead son, they’d be picking teeth out of the back of their throat for the next week.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Trump just now told his followers to be poll watchers, and even directly used the phrase “poll watchers” in praise.
Background Pony #7EC3
Trump is now tripling down on his misinformation on mail-in voting. And trying to assert that no winner will be determined for months.
All the better to contest the legitimate results, one would suspect.

@Dustcan  
And then it goes to the Senate, where I’m sure Mitch the monstrous will get right on with passing it.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
Thing is, Biden can take a draw at this point. The other guy can’t.

And I expect Biden’s team to make adjustments for the next two debates. The incumbent, on the other hand… he is what he is.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

I’d still say Trump “lost” in the sense that he was the one that needed a clean win.

Playing to a draw doesn’t work when your opponent has a 7-12% polling lead and your approval is underwater. Trump needed a reset where he was able to draw clear distinctions between himself and Biden, pull suburban voters back in, and take the spotlight off his negative qualities.

He didn’t accomplish any of that.
Background Pony #83F1
@Dustcan  
Biden behaving like a petulant child and retorting “Will you shut up, man” and “Keep yappin’ man” certainly didn’t win him any points.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Trump attacking Biden’s dead son in front of him on live TV was really gross, even more than refusing to condemn white supremacists and spewing the same conspiracy garbage over and over

@Background Pony #83F1  
@Dustcan
Biden behaving like a petulant child and retorting “Will you shut up, man” and “Keep yappin’ man” certainly didn’t win him any points.

LOL what universe are you from?
Background Pony #11A9
@Background Pony #83F1  
If THAT doesn’t “win him any points”, then Trump must be flying off a cliff with how awful his behavior was at the debate.

Except of course it won’t, because his fans love it when Trump acts like an angry spoiled brat for them.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Trump spent the entire time - literally the entire time he just could not shut up or stop interrupting - repeating his old talking points he’s been using for months. The most original he got the entire night was calling it the “China plague” instead of “China virus”.

Biden got a few really good zingers. Unfortunately for him this isn’t a rap battle, you don’t get points for pwning. He didn’t bring much to convince undecideds to go for him.

The entire thing was a train wreck and why is this our democracy now.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

I don’t see how appealing to republicans will win Biden the presidency. It didn’t work for Clinton, and it didn’t work for Kerry either. All he has to do to win is promise Medicare for all in his first term, and it’s in the bag.
Background Pony #7EC3
Then he will lose in November, because they sure-as-shit won’t come out to vote for him.
Or not, because their other option is the Manchurian manchild, and I’m pretty sure they’d take Biden over him any day.

@Background Pony #83F1  
@Dustcan
It did with me.

And let’s be honest here, if we’re going to discuss people behaving like petulant children, you might want to start with the orange poster boy himself.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Dustcan  
My biggest takeaway from this is that Trump’s strategy in debating is to never shut up just so his opponent can’t get anything out. Biden really needs to speak up, while Trump needs to shut up, because it made him look like a blubbering moron yelling about conspiracy theories no one reasonable person would believe
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
The fact that Trump utterly refused to unambiguously condemn white supremacy is, at worst, gonna make those Trumpers in here support him more in any amount. At best, they won’t give two fucks.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide