Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP PROJECT 2025!
The Georgia state House passed a bill that allows for anyone suspected of being in the United States illegally to be arrested.
The state House voted 97-74 to approve House Bill 1105, which would allow police to arrest anyone with probable cause who is suspected of being in the U.S. unlawfully and detain them for deportation.
Fuck Cops.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Double post.
Michigan had its primary the other day. Naturally Biden and Trump both won, but there was an interesting facet to the Dem primary. Biden won with like 81% of the vote, but the next highest amount wasn’t any other candidate but “Uncommitted” at 13% for around 100,000 votes.
Biden won Michigan with a narrow 150,000 votes. That’s very worrisome, and even though I support them telling Biden they disapprove of his actions it does not bode well if they carry that (still justifiable) sentiment all the way to the general.
Especially considering both the demographic of those votes and the Biden administration’s response to it. Supposedly the majority of those votes came from Arab-Americans, and Michigan hosts an Arab population of 500,000. Biden cannot win the state without their votes, unfortunately Biden’s spokesperson saw the Michigan primary and dismissed the grievance altogether. This will not pacify the discontent towards Biden, whether from the Arab population in Michigan or abroad, or even those sympathetic towards them. And yes the discontent is largely centralized towards Biden’s handling of Palestinian genocide.
So yeah that’s cool. Biden is so pro-genocide that he’s willing to lose his re-election over it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I read an interesting article on 538 that sort of sums up that he can still win the state without the Arab/Muslim vote dependent on if they just don’t vote or vote for Trump.
The former would make winning more difficult but not massively, the latter would put the state out of reach.
Background Pony #8D36
@Dustcan
I might be mistaken about this, but hasn’t the historic normal for “Uncommitted” always been somewhere in the region of 10-20%? I’m sure the organizers are patting themselves on the back for it, but I have some doubts they really made as much of a splash as they seem to think.
Regardless, I think the Arab-Americans in Michigan should take their meager victory and consider the fact that sitting this one out is only going to help the other guy. And while they may not like the fact that Joe didn’t press the magic ceasefire button they all seem to think he has, they’ll probably like the internment camps Trump dumps them in before they get deported or mass-graved even worse.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Someone put up a poster in one of my country’s universities(that didn’t accept my history degree application grumble grumble) accusing the university of funding Israeli genocide
Their proof is that the university collaborates with Israeli organizations like universities and tech companies
Not even arms related, just collaborating with anything Israeli is considering by being complicit in genocide
Why are pro-Palestinian protesters like this
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Regardless, I think the Arab-Americans in Michigan should take their meager victory and consider the fact that sitting this one out is only going to help the other guy. And while they may not like the fact that Joe didn’t press the magic ceasefire button they all seem to think he has, they’ll probably like the internment camps Trump dumps them in before they get deported or mass-graved even worse.
Oh I know full well that Trump will somehow make it worse for Arab-Americans if he retakes office. Same as he would make life worse for everyone, he’s not exactly being subtle that he both wants to end democracy and spend the rest of his now President-For-Life term as a revenge tour.
And I’m trying to convince people I know off and online about that fact. But the situation in Gaza is an optics disaster, and at best it’s basically asking Arab-American in November “How would you like your people’s genocide? Lubed or unlubed?”
This is especially bad when you remember that voter apathy is a major contributor towards Democrats losing elections.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’m unsure since this clip from a speech to supporters in Virginia is out of context, but if he’s talking about all vaccines and not just the Covid-19 one, well all fifty states have vaccine mandates for SOMETHING. And in that case, he’d effectively be ending federal funding for schools, which I’m sure a good number of his supporters want.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I was reading an article on how Israel plans to allow the bill that temporarily blocked the conscription of Ultra-othrodox jews to lapse and I was reminded why I hate Ultra-othrodoxy. Here’s some quotes as proof.
“Among those opposed to the conscription of ultra-Orthodox members, Asher, a 63-year-old Belz Hassid from Bnei Brak, stands out in his position, claiming that “conscription is completely forbidden and can never happen as long as there are women in the army.” He adds that “there are several problems with recruiting ultra-Orthodox men to the army. The women destroy it from the inside. They reduce the motivation to fight and also cause incest. According to the Torah, it is forbidden to recruit women, they are not useful to the IDF - they only destroy it. This is the reality.””
And
Lasry, Shlomo’s friend, also says that Torah studies should be conducted alongside military service, and even claimed that they protect the soldiers. “They are our security, but the Torah is their security. You see that there are miracles and it’s not for nothing, you don’t make a mistake and a soldier is saved. Everyone who is saved is thanks to a page of Gemara that I learned,” he asserted.”
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Especially when the matter at hand is increasingly likely to lead to their early retirement.
Like, it’s pretty obvious that the GOP majority wants to delay the presidential “immunity” claim long enough to fuck over as many cases as possible and that even they aren’t insane enough to rule that presidents are achtually kings.
If their guy does end up winning, do they really think that he won’t just happen to find yet another loophole that’ll let him bypass checks and balances yet again? It’s literally his entire MO.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@neutralgrey
After the FUBAR of the SCOTUS overturning Roe on the other side of the pond, Macron figured it was an easy way to prop up his flagging popularity at home (even among the far-right, there are few in France who’d take the risk of challenging abortion rights, and nearly six years after her death, Simone Veil is still a revered political figure).
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In other news, Trump now has some 20 days to come up with the near $500 million in fines across his fraud case and defamation case.
According to testimonies I’ve seen, it’s not clear the exact scenario to how it happens but the bottom line is Trump will lose many of his properties.
The best case scenario for him is that he manages to sell them. He’s able to find buyers and they end up paying the full-ish price for them. This one basically lets him lose only a relative few properties. Considering how expensive NY real estate is, how long he has left vs how long sales tend to take, and especially that he’s a convicted fraudster who you can’t trust for the evaluation of his stuff, this is the unlikely one.
The worst case scenario for him is the likely one. He doesn’t have the money at the deadline, so the courts make good on their promise and start seizing his assets. Historically speaking courts don’t really do haggling or try to maximize the profits of seized assets. So chances are they’ll seize a great many of Trump’s assets, put them on sale for a tiny fraction of their costs in order to get the money ASAP, and Trump will end up losing more properties than he otherwise would have until his fines are fully paid off.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide