Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
There’s a pernicious effort to spread the myth that FDR’s New Deal worsened the Great Depression. Articles like this one use the rhetoric that because unemployment in 1939 was 17%, roughly 1% higher than in 1931 (before FDR was elected, when unemployment peaked at 25%), the New Deal was a total failure, and it cites Henry Morgenthau’s less than correct quote from May 6, 1939.  
We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work… . I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started… . And an enormous debt to boot!
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
When Senator Clyde Chambliss, a Republican, for example, was asked if the law would allow for incest victims to obtain abortions, he responded: “Yes, until she knows she’s pregnant.”

And who among us can forget former Missouri Congressman Todd Akin, who once claimed that women can’t get pregnant if they’ve been raped because “the female body has ways to shut the whole thing down.” (Akin was not the only Republican congressman who believed this: In 1995, North Carolina’s former state Representative Henry Aldridge, claimed that when women are raped, “the juices don’t flow, the body functions don’t work, and they don’t get pregnant.”)

Sometimes, though, lawmakers’ absolute ignorance over the laws they are passing provides necessary ammunition to American women. When Alabama Senator Bobby Singleton, a Democrat, pointed out that Alabama’s new law could punish those who dispose of fertilized eggs at an IVF clinic, Chambliss responded, “The egg in the lab doesn’t apply. It’s not in a woman. She’s not pregnant.”
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Ayriana
Metroid is pretty political, prolly cuz Samus is a woman, and also some of the themes in the games like Space Pirates wanting the Metroids as bioweapons, and the GF secretly cloning shit.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Oh, we’re still talking about politics in entertainment media? I was browsing through the images on KYM and found this gem.

full
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Can we not talk about Video Game Poltics, please.

Because I know we have has politics in it. Yes, everything has to do with Politics. What you think I’m kidding?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

To me, it’s a matter of degree.
ofc it is. It’s always is.

The writer can never avoid politics. One way to dodge politics would be if you wrote something devoid of protagonists nor antagonists nor a plot, nor an opinion.
Background Pony #CE93
@Scrabbleman  
>weigh the pros and cons  
Why should it be an obligation ?  
Dont get me wrong,it can work but look at Team America World Police.The morale aged horribly wrong because Parker/Stone were adamant about presenting both sides.Now we’re in 2019,we saw there was no WMD in Iraq and the Americans Crusades Second Gulf War distabilized the Middle East by creating a power vaccuum for ISIS to fill  
tl;dr turns out the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys from the Axis of Weasel and their Freedom Fries were right
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

>weigh the pros and cons  
Not necessary. If anything, you can go full propaganda and have the moral of the story be totally against a political view, but at the same time makes the villain so interesting and compelling.

Take Dragon Ball’s Frieza Saga. (Best dbz arc imo). It’s your usual “tyrants are bad and need to disappear” story and at no point in the story are we even asked to sympathize with Frieza.

But damn was Frieza such an iconic DBZ villain and so beloved by fans, that Toei just keeps bringing him back one form or another.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

To be fair most Islamic jurisprudence allows abortion up to 120 days of pregnancy if there is a pressing need, such as health risks to the mother.
So Alabama is actually a lot stricter than Islamic law.
EDIT: I got it wrong, up to 120 days abortion is allowed, but you must have a good reason (“shit this is gonna be expensive” is not a good reason for example. If the pregancy is the product of rape or if the parent(s) are physically or mentally incapable of caring for a child, that’s legitimate).
After 120 days the fetus is considered a human being, but abortion is still preferable if not performing it means the death of the mother.
So it’s even more lenient.

Is there anything you’d like to add to this?
Background Pony #CE93
@Scrabbleman  
Not in the case i presented.That was just Americans being stubborn besides being presented numerous proofs they were going in the wall.In another example about South Park,they bashed environementalists very hard (because “muh both sides” are bad) then all those reports demonstrating that we are fucking up the environments.At one point,people will have to see that the expression “the right side of history” have a grain of truth in it (a little grain,let’s not get too much “us vs them” here
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
What’s there to add? Muslim abortion laws are horrible, especially the rape cases and unprotected sex. Dumpster babies are a thing and far more frequently than I would have liked back in Malaysia and it’s horrific.

Fuck, I’m pretty sure the doctor themselves can be tried in court for doing an abortion for the reasons you gave. Though, I have been hearing more push to lighter abortion laws.

Honestly, the problem with Muslim laws is that they take the Hadith as law itself, which is problematic since 1. They’re based on observations/views from others, of the Prophet (which means they can be inaccurate/contradictory), and 2. The Quran itself isn’t nearly as “all-answering” as many devout Muslims claim. It’s very generalized, which is why the Hadith exists to begin with.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Okay, think of it like this.

The prophet wrote a book (the Quran) which is basically his diary of sorts regarding his religious journey for God and stuff. Of course, the prophet only wrote down the juicy parts and ignores the unimportant ones like whether or not he shaved his legs.

The hadith are like a set of journals, newspaper clippings and paper cranes from people around the prophet, so it’s based on their view of what and who the prophet is. The problem is that the hadiths found can be contradictory and sometimes asinine, which apparently finding the legitimacy of hadiths is a field of study in Islam.

So one is the prophet’s diary, while the other is whatever is left that he didn’t mention, wrote down by a bunch of weirdos who argue with one another.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide