Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #5A3A
The SCOTUS is set to hear about the biggest Climate Change case in decades. The case will determine the EPA’s ability to regulate emissions, and will not only determine the Biden administration’s ability to pursue their stated Climate goals but indeed will determine how much we can fight Climate Change in general.
Much as I’d like to, I suspect it isn’t worth being optimistic at this point, given that we can probably already guess which way Stolen Seat, the Handmaiden, and Rapey McBlackout will vote.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
As always twitter is at the ready with the roasts.
WW3 sponsored by Applebees.
We’re living in an episode of South Park.
Applebees couldn’t get a Super Bowl commercial, so they took the WW3 CNN slot. Savage.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
With all the scary news going on, I still want to say that the people of Ukraine have shown themselves to be some of the biggest badasses on the planet
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Usually you wait till commercial to air ads.
CNN has adopted a new style I’m lead to believe is called “Squeeze bag ad”, where they air the ad as the story is going on. And the ad is bigger than the news footage.
Like this.
Sure Kyiv is about to be bombed. But boy can we not wait to tell you about something more important: $1 Boneless Wings with any handcrafted burgers! For a limited time!
They went from a panning shot of Kyiv while an air raid siren goes off to an almost jumpscare-esque transition to an upbeat jingle set to images of food. I’d say everything about it except the food is done in poor taste, but CNN might approve of that level of plugging.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Jojodidu
No, they are called Applebees.
Also if you look at how they got thier name they were inspired by Appleby’s but they couldn’t have the name because it was trademarked.
We Americans have an electronic company called Apple and they sell computers and phones and stuff.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Ukraine has been regained control of Kharkiv, the nation’s second largest city after the remaining Russian force surrendered. They stated that they didn’t even want this war but we’re forced into it under threat of execution by they commanding officers.
IIRC the Nuremberg Defense doesn’t work unless there were a real threat of harm or death. This being Russia, they’ll probably be fine with that excuse.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Yahoo’s main article about the war has been updated, and a senior US intelligence official is saying Belarus may join the invasion as early as today depending on how those talks go. Guess Puta doesn’t have faith in his own army anymore.
And the hashtag “AbolishNATO” is trending on Twitter. Gee I wonder who’s pushing that hashtag?
Background Pony #95EA
Wang urged Washington to “reinstate a reasonable and pragmatic China policy” and work with China to put their relations on track. He reiterated China’s complaints that the U.S. was not upholding its commitments but didn’t mention any specific steps China would take.
“China must decide where to stand and understand that bilateral relations with the U.S. will only become more strained in the absence of a clear choice to stand with international law,” said forum participant Jacob Lew, chair of the influential National Committee on U.S.-China Relations and a former U.S. treasury secretary.
Background Pony #95EA
“When dictators rule for decades, they (1) stop listening to advisors, (2) become disconnected from reality, (3) spend a lot of time alone, and (4) overreach. This is exactly what has happened to Putin.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Uh, people who think that NATO should’ve been dissolved alongside the Soviet Union? I mean, we’re only in this mess because NATO both stuck around (despite its raison d’être dying in 1991) and marched towards Russia’s borders.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
we’re only in this mess because NATO
That’s a bit fucking generous; I feel Putin’s tiny dick syndrome and how he never got the memo on the USSR collapsing played a bigger role.
Nevermind that it’d be pretty weird to dissolve NATO just because the USSR died, given CIS/CSTO popped up really damn fast in 1991, giving it ample ~raison d’être~ to stick around.
Background Pony #DD6F
I’m a citizen of Russia. I have lots of friends in Ukraine. Now they hate me for not my actions, but actions of our government which we did not chose. Elections are always faked. We want to go out and protest, there is lots of us, yes, but we’re divided by the distance and time zones. Russia is big. Our government has been ignoring those protests for many years now. No one cares. No one listens. Protestans are risking their lives by going outside. Chances are high that you’ll get detained. And people has families, jobs, lives. They cannot risk losing any of these. There is always a possibility that you’ll get killed either in detain area or in jail - and they will make it look like it was a suicide. Always been like this. Especially when our protest leave no results. We don’t want this war. We are also victims in this situation. It was difficult to survive here before sanctions - now it will probably end up in hunger and worse. I hate myself for being so powerless, unable to do just anything. I hate the country I live in for being so ignorant of its own citizens. I’m sorry…
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #DD6F
I’m really sorry you’re in this shit situation. I don’t think anyone that knows any Russians or has looked into the country for more than a cursory glance blames the average citizen for what the government does; it’s been obvious that the system broke and has been abused by oligarchs and bullies to be a defacto dictatorship for decades, with constant repression and propaganda to keep everyone in line.
I really hope this is all over quickly and has Putin and his spineless cronies exposed and ejected as an outcome.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Uh, you do realise Putin bashed the shit out of the USSR in his speech justifying the invasion of Ukraine, essentially blaming Lenin and Khrushchev for modern Ukraine, and laughably saying how tsarist morals were better than Soviet ones. Regardless how one feels about the best nation in the world, it sure-as-shit better than the one before it that gave us such ‘greats’ as Zionist conspiracy theories and pogroms.
Anyway, Putin’s actions ironically justify the continued existence of NATO now, so that was a major lib-brain blunder on his part.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide