Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Governor Kristi Noem continues to just make things worse for her.
After bragging about killing her puppy and goat in her book, she keeps doubling down on her serial murder of animals. She tried to justify the deaths of the previous ones by pointing out she just put down 4 of her horses like last week, brushing it off as something that just happens when you run a farm. And of course she’s been spinning all this both as a positive and as proof that she can make “the tough decisions” in politics.
Holy crap, no wonder why South Dakota had one of the highest death rates during Covid. Things just die when they are around this psychopath. And by last indication she’s one of the top picks for Trump’s VP.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan
From what we know about Trump, he’s not a huge animal lover. Possibly because the concept of unconditional love frightens and confuses him. So shooting a puppy like a… um… dog may work in her favor.
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

VIVA LA NOCTE
Kristi Noem when Trump slips on the way to the podium on election night and gets stuck rocking back and forth like a turtle because he’s eaten a whole pallet of McDonald’s triples that afternoon
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

So according to the Guardian, Trump insiders are saying that Governor Noem was already a longshot pick for VP, but that she “had a shot” right up until the story about her shooting Cricket (the dog), and that even Trump himself is “disappointed.” While not even Trump’s inner circle knows for sure who he will pick, they’re fairly confident she’s destroyed her chances at being his running mate.
Right now it looks like the top contenders on the list to date are South Carolina Senator Tim Scott and North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum. Representative Elise Stefanik of New York is also being considered.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Honestly fair, I did forget he existed until now. Burgum is especially a sweet spot in that he hits those boring white guy notes while also having a Trumpian track record on cruelty, particularly on the anti-trans backlash.
Background Pony #FAA3
Let’s be honest, you forgot he even existed until just now.
I remembered he existed. But I also have an unfair advantage, since I live in the state he governs.
I’d sure like to forget he exists, though.
Background Pony #1F81
Colombia University is currently under lockdown due to a mass takeover of Pro-Palestine protesters, and resulting counter protesters.
Source of the protest seems to be due to wanting the University to cut ties/funding with Israel
Police are currently involved, a lot of students supposedly arrested, several areas of tge campus have been barricaded
Also seen videos of a Jewish girl being beaten yo by Pro-Palestine protesters to the point of a supposed concussion.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@BlitztheDragon
Americans love dogs, and generally DON’T want to see them die. Of course her attempt at connecting with the rural right backfired. She comes off like Darth Vader, killing her dog not because he was slowly dying but because the “failed” her for the last time.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The employment cost index ticked up 1.2%, higher than the 1.0% prediction and the .9% previous total.
The ECI measures employment costs, so wage and benefits package increases.
Remember, in the weird world of the Fed and greater markets, this is a “bad thing”, because unlimited growth isn’t for us lowly workers and common folk. No, the only thing thats supposed to grow that fast is the MarketTM.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Qaren is once again declaring that she plans to oust Speaker Johnson, and this time she plans to force a vote by next week.
Only 6 months out from the election and she wants to remind people what a shitshow the last Speakership vote was.
Once again I am reminded of the idiom “Give a clown a crown and you don’t make them king, you just turn the kingdom into a circus.”
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I haven’t heard that idiom before, but I like it a lot.
From what I’ve read, it sounds like House Democrats aren’t going to go along with a Johnson ouster this time. Then again that could always change, we’ll see.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
She also seems to think that Dems voting to save him will somehow hurt them in November.
Yes because swing district dems crossing the aisle to help keep the government functioning will somehow make them less electable to moderate and swing voters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide