Wrestling thread

Background Pony #31A9
@Philweasel
If Shinsuke Nakamura was in NJPW, he would be the best in the world.

The Presence he had in NJPW was really Out of this World & the ordinary for sure! Want him back in Japan personally! :) #YeaOh #KingOfStrongStyle
Background Pony #31A9
Raw was better than most weeks. Kurt Angle Vs Drew McIntyre was very good.
There was nothing on Monday Night Bore/Snore worth to be seen! Rematches galore that didn’t accomplish anything, Jax/Tamina being pushed over a Ember Moon & an Old Kurt Angle being put in the Main Event in 2018 is a No to me!
Only Positive of an Thumbs Down Show: McIntyre looked Good & Elias as a Face seems to work pretty well

JDfromNY’s Review from this Weeks RAW was completly Spot on heh! :)
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Broken Adam  
I can’t help but wonder if that’s why he left. He knew he was no longer at the top of the card.

I mean he’s not in WWE either, but he’s still paid a hell of a lot more.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@icey wicey 1517  
Some people like the ego boost that comes of winning all the time, and fans generally respect them more (bloody marks). I’ve mentioned several times how being a jobber to the stars seems a great career though, I remember a quote from the Honky Tonk Man about how much he loved Hogan’s leg drop, because taking it made him rich.

Getting out and going to another promotion without putting anyone over feels like a dick move though. It maintains your value at the expense of your promotion, so it’s a little unprofessional, especially if they put you at the top of the card. Shinsuke almost certainly knew that jobbing out before he left would hurt his chances in the WWE.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
There was nothing on Monday Night Bore/Snore worth to be seen! Rematches galore that didn’t accomplish anything, Jax/Tamina being pushed over a Ember Moon & an Old Kurt Angle being put in the Main Event in 2018 is a No to me!
Only Positive of an Thumbs Down Show: McIntyre looked Good & Elias as a Face seems to work pretty well

Dude, Drew and Kurt was an awesome match
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Braun’s injured apparently, knees are shot. Smarter people than me have suggested that Braun will likely just throw around a few power slams and growl a lot for the next two months, so they can keep him on TV while healing him up for Royal Rumble.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Broken Adam  
Remember, Braun’s very inexperienced and a little over enthusiastic. Corbin’s also not been in multiple triple threats and other complicated matches, which tend to kick your ass.

As an aside, I love Constable Corbin. I think he’s a great character, and he’s had some pretty good matches too. Baron Corbin ranged from boring to laughable to me, so props to him for his reinvention.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Philweasel  
Corbin is actually in his best in Multimen and Gimmick matches , like His Tag Team with Rhyno, Chairs match with Kalisto and triple threat match with Dillenger and AJ

His problem is that he doesn’t really know how to make the “in Between” to be interesting , like he does memorable big spots but in between those spots he doesn’t seem to know how to fill those in

It’s why most were disappointed when his match with Dean at WM32 was a normal match, most saw accurately that those two would work best in a LMS match or Falls count anywhere
Background Pony #31A9
Dude, Drew and Kurt was an awesome match

It was Fine, would’ve been a Awesome Match in 2012 when Angle wasn’t that banged Up. Now seeing Kurt working in Slow Pace is pretty Sad to watch honestly. :o

Like I said, good Thing was that McIntyre got something out of it atleast! :)
Background Pony #31A9
CM Punk has been Absent from the Wrestling World for almost 5 Years, yet still WWE Arenas especially are being haunted by CM Punk Chants, it’s pretty Interesting to say the Least!

Arguably the Greatest Complete Package of an Era/Generation! :)

#BestInTheWorld #sXe #VoiceOfTheVoiceless #SecondCitySaint
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Apparently Braun’s also a little obnoxious backstage, and has a habit of leaving early and arriving late. Not to Shaun Michaels levels, but management are questioning if his work ethic and judgement are up to the task of being the face of the company.

I hope he learns to be a little more aware of how he comes across to others. It would be a shame if he holds his career back by getting himself too much heat backstage. Shades of (ironically) Drew McIntyre, who has admitted his first WWE run spluttered out after a great start because he was a dickhead who drunk too much.
Don't

Get up and Jump
They really need to start teaching these “unwritten rules” to new guys instead of expecting guys who are new to Wrestling to just know about them
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Philweasel  
From all the reports I heard, Drew’s first few years on WWE were gonna be big for him, then the reports came in that his wife was physically abusing him, and then his push sort of fizzled out because that apparently made him come across as “weak” to some people.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@icey wicey 1517  
He might be reinventing events himself, but his take was he was partying too much, drinking too much, and he made a lot of bad decisions.

In a lot of domestic abuse situations there’s alcohol and drug abuse on both sides. Battering your boyfriend with a frying pan because he was out late with his friends is still abuse, despite what a hundred shitty comedies might tell you.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
They really need to start teaching these “unwritten rules” to new guys instead of expecting guys who are new to Wrestling to just know about them

Well I’ll extoll the truth of puntuality to you now. I make a point turning up ten minutes early and leaving ten minutes late, in a team based enviroment it builds you immense goodwill with everyone around you. I have worked with people who get to work ten minutes late and leave ten minutes early, and people talk behind their backs about what self centered assholes they are.

I guarantee you could get there an hour early, and John Cena and Triple H would already be in costume.

It’s especially true in an entertainment business. You need to be made up, dressed, made familar with the script and onstage now, and if you’re still picking up your chicken wings at KFC on the company’s time EVERYONE you’re holding up is going to hold a grudge.

The rest of it is a little more arcane, but I bet you it’s not much different from something you could read in your standard guide to communicating in the workplace. Again, I guarantee you Triple H has several memorised.
Don't

Get up and Jump
@Philweasel  
I am pretty sure Strowman spent most of his life as an adult as a Strongman and had a Mechanic career, neither really team based.

For you who had a career in team based business it may seem as Common sense but for him he may simply not have known how much it would effect his coworkers
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide