monochrome, grayscale,black and white, lineart

Site and Policy » monochrome, grayscale,black and white, lineart Search Posts
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Fine, I’ll humor you.

Monochrome is for pics that are primarily one color.

Grayscale is for pics that are primarily in shades of gray. (nobody uses this tag)

Grayscale -> monochrome, but monochrome does not necessarily mean grayscale. i.e. >>402182

Black-and-white is the same as grayscale. I assume black and white is also used for something else, too. Like a tv show or video game or something. But we’re never that consistent with tagging.

Lineart is for line art? I’m not an artist or willing to pretend I know dick about art, so I don’t know how this differs from sketches and such.
Background Pony #1B93
i like to think black and white is literally just black and white,  
fullfull  
rather than with the grays, seeing as monochrome covers that.  
fullfullfull  
i’m not an artist either, but imma guessing cleaned up sketches a step away from being colored would be lineart  
fullfull  
though some seem to stylistically suit to not have color  
fullfull  
on a related note i guess, there’s ‘partial color’,‘rgb distortion’ and ‘silhouette’  
fullfull full  
i think i’ve forgotten one…oh well, i’ll come back if i remember
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Grayscale and black-and-white are literally the same thing. Black is just the strongest intensity of gray, while white is the weakest (or is it the other way? whatever). I haven’t axed black and white as a tag yet because I assume it’s used for different contexts.
Background Pony #1B93
@dt  
as posted, i use it when there’s no gray. literally black and white.  
but i guess there’s the whole black and white tv kind of black and white.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide