[Userscript] Quick Account Flipper

Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
Description  
This is a very simple psuedo-account-switcher for people who use multiple accounts to browse Derpibooru (such as having separate accounts for SFW and NSFW activities, or having a second account for roleplaying).

This script takes advantage of the fact that Derpibooru has multiple domains, each of which each allows a separate account to be logged in. This script adds buttons to the “user bar” in the top-right corner of every page, that when clicked will take you to the same page on another one of the site’s domains. If you are logged into another account on another domain, this essentially switches the account you are using without you having to manually change the URL or navigate back to the page you were visiting.

full

Changelog  
V1.4 - 2016/09/08 - Match the new version of the site

V1.3 - 2016/03/24 - The “Triple Domain Edition” by DanielTepesKraus. Allows fast switching between all three of Derpibooru’s domains, moves the switching buttons back to the primary menu, this time without breaking anything (Thanks Kraus!)

V1.2 - 2016/03/22 - “Switch” link is now in the user drop-down menu, because it doesn’t break anything when located there.

V1.1 - 2016/03/01 - Moved button because it was somehow breaking the user menu in it’s original location.

V1.0 - 2016/03/01 - Initial release

Download Link  
V1.4 Download

Note: previous versions of the script do not work with the updated layout.  
V1.3 (Three domains, in main user bar) - Download  
V1.2 (Two domains, in user dropdown menu) - Download

Disclaimer Stuffs  
Use at your own risk. This script does not store or access any user data. Using multiple accounts for the purpose of shitposting/sockpuppeting is not cool, so don’t do it.
Joey
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@SocDev

To be entirely honest, I only wrote this because I generally browse the site under my other account (since that’s the one I’m logged into .org with), and got tired of manually editing the URL every time I wanted to comment/fave something =P

And thanks :)
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
Bumping because V1.3 now. This edition is entirely Kraus’s doing, and now adds support for all three site domains (derpibooru.org, derpiboo.ru, trixiebooru.org), and actually allows the buttons to be in the primary user bar without breaking other stuff.
DeliciousBlackInk
Artist -

Update: The V1.3 of the script has broken due to the recent site update; if you’re using it, I recommend you to update to the newest version (see the first post).
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

What the Fluff?
For anyone wanting to do something similar without a script and without changing domains, most browsers’ privacy mode can be used with most sites to login on a separate account. Just open/start a new private session, then login like usual. As long as you keep that windows/tab open, you can use a separate account at the same time. If you close the window/tab, it’ll flush the cookies and you’ll be logged out.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Vinyl Fluff  
That’s effective for anyone who doesn’t mind logging into their account every time they wanna use the site.

But for the rest of us who’d rather just stay logged in, that’s an even bigger pain in the ass.
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

What the Fluff?
Yeah it’s definitely not a solution for extended, long-term use, just a simple workaround for infrequent use requiring nothing else but the browser itself.

That being said, I believe at least Firefox allows you the option to retain cookies if you wish under a private tab.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Creations249 Etsy Shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide