Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

What's next in this Drama and What is happening behind the scenes?

Background Pony #606D
@Patachu

It’s too soon to declare us dead.

Because a G5 MLP is going to start with the movie premiere the next year (not a low-budget Pony Life, that has a limited number of followers).

It’s possible for this site to begin supporting G5 arts, and the new show, while not repeating the same success as G4, could actually turn out to be a good show and people would watch it and create arts for it.
Background Pony #B016
Are you getting it now? Are you understanding now what we literally were telling you was going to happen? That these people were going to go full authoritarian with their threats and demands to comply with their wants and desires? That they were going to practice the same tactics that the historical group they claim to be fighting against used? That they would go full “the ends justify the means?”

Learn from this. Critical Social Justice is a disease.
Background Pony #606D
@Background Pony #B016

Social Justice could be a good thing.  
But they often use very wrong means to achieve their goals, and sometimes those goals aren’t so fair and justified in the first place.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #606D  
Could, but it was immediately subverted by people who knew they can enact their vile goals while hidden by innocuous-seeming presentation.  
Meanwhile Critical Social Justice, or identitarianism, has been a corrupt, extremist ideology from the get-go.
Background Pony #05EA
Is something going to happen today?  
Like a final rulechange because the polls are over or something?  
Maybe finally the start of the censorship?
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #D6FE  
I don’t think anyone truly cares about his approval, but many want him to calm down and thus hopefully get others who joined in with him to do so as well. Not completely shunning him when he responds to something would help with that matter.  
In an ideal world, Dilarus and Datte could be brought to a negotiating table and actually talk things out.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #D6FE
I don’t think anyone truly cares about his approval, but many want him to calm down and thus hopefully get others who joined in with him to do so as well. Not completely shunning him when he responds to something would help with that matter.
In an ideal world, Dilarus and Datte could be brought to a negotiating table and actually talk things out.

The people who want Dilarus to “calm down” really need a dealing-with-delusional-people 101 course.  
Feeding into the delusions is never the answer. And talking about the site, or nazis, or his conduct is just that.

In an ideal world, Dilarus wouldn’t be spewing political propaganda instead of art in the first place, and would be capable of listening to reason instead of pure emotion and cronyism, and none of this would happen in the first place.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Princess Luna  
ok you bring Dilarus. why not me? or others? why paying attention to a few?

again let’s stay rational, if I say I’m offended by the scat or whatever fetish I don’t like and voice my opinion about it with a bunch, why would you change the rules for a few pissed off nobodies.
ArmadilloEater

French Taunter
ok you bring Dilarus. why not me? or others? why paying attention to a few?

Maybe because Dilarus and Datte have become, maybe against their own intentions, flag bearers in all this mess? Are you really begging for attention in this situation? You bring shame to the heirs of Napoleon >:T
AaronMk
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Sky funeral
I’ll give a honest hint on what is next: Cocaine death squads on the hunt to bring justice for the pure and righteous diaper boys.

#DiaperBoy #FreeGooger
aperture_tech
Duck - Quacking with portals.

lol
@Princess Luna  
Dilectus or whatever his name is refuses to be reasonable. His first reaction when shit doesn’t go his way is to start hunting down people and calling them nazis, and if that doesn’t work it’s internet lumberjack time for him, cut down derpi itself. If I ever saw him at a negotiation table, I’d turn right around. I don’t think compromise is in his vocabulary, he’s been radicalized through and through.
Background Pony #606D
but many want him to calm down and thus hopefully get others who joined in with him to do so as well

I see.

But, sad truth is (judging by what Dilarus and his supporters said over the past several days or even hours), it’s not possible to change their mind into accepting that other people can have different views and have the right to have their place to live in peace.

In other words, I’m 100% sure Dilarus and his memebers won’t calm down for a long time, and continue trying to contant the domain owner (or other places they threatened to contact) to bring this site dowd or harm it and its uservase in any other way, and not just for nazi-tagged pics but also for foalcon-tagged, and other things they might not support.

See what @aperture_tech said just before my message:

His first reaction when shit doesn’t go his way is to start hunting down people and calling them nazis, and if that doesn’t work it’s internet lumberjack time for him, cut down derpi itself

I don’t think compromise is in his vocabulary, he’s been radicalized through and through.

That really seems to be the case here. :(
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@aperture_tech  
The point of coming to the table is to see if there are compromises to make; there is no harm in determining that, but there is in missing opportunities. And his screenname is Dilarus.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@ArmadilloEater  
The correct expression is “clown world”.  
@Princess Luna  
How many times do we have to tell you that with the current positions, there are NO possible compromises. Any kind of “compromise” will just piss off one party and play into the hands of the other at best.  
Until position is changed, no compromise is possible at all. And neither side is going to budge, because one is principled, and the other, cultist.
Background Pony #6B65
@Princess Luna  
When one side wants things to be as they always have been and the other demands change, compromise ceases to be compromise and becomes instead one stroke more toward death by a thousand cuts.  
And things very obviously worked well enough unto now, otherwise there wouldn’t be such a ruckus to do with the change in the first place.
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Barhandar  
I believe actually it is the very resistance to working with others that breeds these little “wars” of politics to begin with. If you want to stop angry, you have to take away their anger, and that can only be done by showing them you’re willing to at least listen and talk, regardless of their demands.

@Background Pony #6B65  
From an internal view, “things worked well enough” isn’t actually true; Rule 0 has been super inconsistently enforced, to the point one image of Aryanne shooting up a bunch of Zebras got uploaded once 5 years ago without any staff noticing, and a second time a day later deleted that day (and not by TSP, mind) for “Derpibooru is not /pol/” or something similar. I only found the deletion inconsistency 2 weeks ago.
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Frosku  
Definitely missed. While some on staff would surely argue for keeping it, the one who deleted the second upload was one of the more permissive members of staff at the time.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
I believe actually it is the very resistance to working with others that breeds these little “wars” of politics to begin with. If you want to stop angry, you have to take away their anger, and that can only be done by showing them you’re willing to at least listen and talk, regardless of their demands.
Read up on what paradox of tolerance actually means, please.  
You cannot argue with someone who immediately goes to smash your face into the mud screaming “NAZI SCUM” the picosecond you defy them. There is a very big difference between “someone who is angry” and “someone who is a violent extremist”, and Dilarus is the latter.

Also, note that despite over a week of relatively peaceful discourse here, the only people who have been persuaded otherwise weren’t because of “not angry” or because we were “willing to listen and talk” - they’ve been persuaded because their own stuff has been targetted by the “anti-nazi” crowd, and they’ve lost friends over this.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Basically just politics and lots of insulting being tossed about