Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Naming Background Ponies Thread!

StarIsEnby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Star!!!
They both don’t have names which is a shame cause they look so pretty and I wanna see fanart of them
Stallion doesn’t have a name but I’m thinking something like strawberry smoothie (I can’t tell if his cutie mark is a cupcake or mushroom)
Rarizzy!
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

RARITY!
@Mildgyth

Back left: Phaser Halo
Back middle: Micro Bluebat
Back right: Steely Staredown
Front left: Violet Spearshade
Front right: Moonflower Dusk

Red stallion w/afro: Rhumba Rhubarb
Yellow mare: Party Pineapple
Curlier-maned yellow mare: Mango Mambo
Red unicorn: Watermellow

Left (green pony): Marble Malachite
Right (purple pony): Jewel Jams
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Chopsticks
So? We still name characters regardless. Like Onyx we named, then she got an official name. We give them names so we dont call her “vitiligo pony” for months and we can properly tag the character
Chopsticks
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Rice pone
@Chopsticks
So? We still name characters regardless. Like Onyx we named, then she got an official name. We give them names so we dont call her “vitiligo pony” for months and we can properly tag the character
That makes more sense for background characters with little or no surety of ever getting a name, which is the point of the thread.
Giving a name to a character central to a story when we only see one image of them is just creating work for it’s own sake in naming and changing. The original idea behind the thread was so that we could have proper identifiers for background characters for the purpose of searching tags, without tag wars ensuing over what label is used for which character.
For some reason, the thread has since grown into some kind of monstrous past time to stamp as many names on any character no matter how brief or barely seen they are, for it’s own sake.
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Chopsticks
Ok? Once her names revealed in half a year do you personally wanna go thru the past half year of thousands of images to properly tag her in every image?
We give them names so we can tag them and find them. So what if their name changes, its not a big deal
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Someone pointed out that the new comic pony has the colors of Neapolitan ice cream, and yeah that fits quite well! Maybe something like Neapolitan Dreams
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@LoreJuniper
Mods have tools to quickly tag lots of images. It’s best not to be hasty with choosing tag names so the best names can emerge, which is the whole idea of this thread. Eventually this pony will be named officially, so at worst you’ll have to wait a few months for that, in which time I frankly doubt she’ll get much fanart. If she absolutely must have a tag, some sort of placeholder (like “shadowy alicorn” before Opaline was named) would probably be best. You can also make a gallery for her in the meantime.
It’s frankly selfish and perhaps rulebreaking to unilaterally apply your own tag as you’ve done. Remember when I told you about when I set G5 ship tags based on what other people tagged first? Whether you mean to or not, this is kind of the same situation. Doing this stifles that fandom-wide (or thread-wide for unpopular characters) creative process.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@LoreJuniper
If she absolutely must have a tag, some sort of placeholder (like “shadowy alicorn” before Opaline was named) would probably be best. You can also make a gallery for her in the meantime.
This instance in particular makes it easy since all of her images should be given the issue tag, which will make back-tagging a non-issue.
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Litrojia
Theres already been 8 pieces of fanart of her on twitter already so idk man. Also im not trying to make it my specific name, i just think she should have A placeholder name considering we arent gonna know her name for awhile and itll be a hell of a lot easier to change the tag as opposed to hunting down every piece of her in the half year period
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
Let’s use “vitiligo pony” as a placeholder for now. That way we can just change it with an alias like oc:button’s mother -> oc:cream heart or mayor marks -> starlight glimmer
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Wiimeiser
I agree! May I suggest something a bit more specific tho? people might think its a tag for any pony that looks like they have vitiligo. maybe something to do with her situation? maybe “Rainbow vitiligo pony” / unicorn
also hilarious that she was temp named mayor marks considering how people compare her lmao
Background Pony #69A7
Diamond Dogs (I barely can tell if half the gameloft cast has a name cause they just name them “happy pony” n shit)

(There was one per member of the mane six other than Rarity & I believe Twilight)
“Diamond Dog Builder”: Basher
“Diamond Dog Duchess”: Daisydaint Bow
“Diamond Dog Duke”: Oscar Smartpaw
“Diamond Dog Painter”: Spotsplatter
“Diamond Dog Carpenter”: Razey
“Smug Diamond Dog”: Scrappy
“Bone Salesdog”: Marrow
“Horrified Diamond Dog”: Beanpouch
“Bacon-Loving Diamond Dog”: Sizzlebelle
“Diamond Dog Diplomat”: Lady Bowser
“Blasé Diamond Dog”: Autumn Ribs
“Diamond Dog Dad”: Barkley
“Diamond Dog Dignitary”: Archie Bluecoat
“Uncertain Diamond Dog”: Baxter
“Shocked Diamond Dog”: Biscuit Benny
Diamond Dog guard: Gruffy Scruff
These were really hard to think of names for, one of these names was the name of my dog in fact
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide