Shipping Thread

Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
@Ranch  
I don’t really mind the ship, it just screams contrarian to me. And I say this as someone who doesn’t like SoarinDash. It’s like shipping Luna with Discord.
Background Pony #8A7D
I like Night Glider with Double Diamond. Will probably be less of that now so I don’t think anyone will care if they see it.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Background Pony #A3CA

The term “uplifted animal” refers to otherwise regular animals (wether individuals or whole species) that have been made sapient* by outside influence, wether magic, genetic engineering or whatever else.

• Technically a different thing from sentient. Sentience is the ability to feel and perceive the world, and most animals have that. Sapience is a somewhat more nebulous term and refers to the ability for self-awareness, conscious thought and complex decision-making.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -

Worldbuilding Addict
@PonyPon

I can see why that would make a difference, but on my own end I… well, to be honest don’t really understand why it matters. He’s portrayed as being just as intelligent and self-aware as every other character – as far as personhood goes, he’s no different from all the other intelligent beings. In a setting with only one intelligent race, or a few, I’d understand the issue – but the entire premise of the show is based around real-world animals that talk. Chief Thunderhooves is a perfectly regular American buffalo… who also talks. Zecora is a a cartoon of a real-life zebra… who talks and makes potions. Sic-Twi’s was a regular dog for the first half or so of Rainbow Rocks, yes, but that is no longer the case and has not been the case for a significant majority of his time as a character.

I think, personally, the issue is not so much Spike’s status as an uplifted animal in and of itself but that he’s an uplifted animal in a world filled with humans – all other things aside, the two versions of Spike are the only talking, sapient beings in the EG world who are anything besides physically humans. I honestly don’t think this would be as much of an issue if Spike the Formerly Regular Dog lived in Equestria. There, he’d just be a talking but otherwise normal animal among many, many others.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@FrustrationInExcelsis  
As an aside, I kinda hate that they did that just so they wouldn’t have to not have Spike around.

I have a feeling they shouldn’t have an identical personality. I can’t be the only one who would have got a kick out of hearing him call Sci ‘master’ instead of her name first.
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Ranch

Ah. That’s another matter, then.

… out of curiosity, and with no intention to offend, what is your opinion of other cross-species ships (i.e., a pony with a dragon, a pony with an abyssinian like Capper, etc.)?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide