Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ocellus is best buggo
@Background Pony #801B  
Honestly I’d never let one thing ruin an entire game or episode for me. That just feels like an insult to all the good things about it. Sisters ep gave us lots of lovely personality bits and things about the princesses, like how Celestia personally makes breakfast for herself and guests. Her putting pineapple on the pancakes when she saw Luna chow down one earlier in the episode was a sweet touch.
Background Pony #C3CB
@Prof.NightJack

I liked her early appearances. I stopped liking her, much like anony with starlight, when she became a major character.

The majorest difference is that i still see star as a character who’s meant to be struggling and unsure of herself and messing up. Mab is portrayed as the smartest character in the series and every book now ends with the reveal that she was behind everything and harry rarely gets conversational victories over her.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Ocellus is best buggo
@Background Pony #801B  
That’s what I mean by all the other things. Glimmer isnt even the main star, just a plot relevant catalyst. Celestia and Luna are the ones who get the development.

Hell given that Daybreaker only showed up when Celestia got into Starlight’s dream, it shows that even she struggled with the temptation to just let loose and rule completely, especially since she managed 1k years just fine.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@soundtea  
If a guy disliking what you like affects you so much then you should start to reconsider a few things about yourself.

The desperate struggle of so many of you guys to try changing my mind or to make me feel bad for disliking that cancer is getting tiring, though. The only people with the power to make me change my mind about Starlight are the show writers, but literally every little thing they do with the character only makes me feel more and more repulsion for her: for me, there’s nothing, absolutely nothing tolerable or salvageable about her so yes, any episode featuring Starlight is automatically out from my watchlist.

She’s the ultimate dealbreaker to me and there’s nothing you guys can say or do to change that, so get over it.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Gizmonics Scientist
@Anonycat  
You know, if you don’t like people telling you these thing, and you are just skipping any episode when she shows up, then maybe if you didn’t keep bitching about the stuff you are not watching we wouldn’t say anything to you.  
It was YOUR decision to skip the one about the royal sisters, and you really can’t blame anyone but yourself for that.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Anonycat  
I can only imagine how it must be to have that much irrational hatred for a single character. Enjoy missing out on some prime Sister development if Starlight’s mere presence sets off a #trigger. You have to admit it’s pretty dumb to call an episode cancer when all you know is that Starlight happens to be in it. Although with how much you complain you’ll just go on about them breaking a headcanon of yours. Have you liked anything from this season?
Background Pony #C3CB
@Prof.NightJack  
Wait what do you mean?

YES I WOULD READ A BOOK IF SHE WAS IN IT BUT DIDN’T DO MUCH

Jesus christ i thought i was making that clear.
Background Pony #C3CB
@soundtea  
To be fair he’s liked double the episodes from this season than he has from season 6. He liked Fluttershy leans, forever filly, parental glideance and the latest one with the yaks.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Background Pony #801B  
You kept talking about why you didn’t like her or how you might like her more, so no, you where not being clear.

Anyway, Anonycat has made it clear he doesn’t care, if Starlight shows up, he skips it no matter what.  
Your dislike of Mab is nothing like his irrational hate for Starlight.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Background Pony #801B  
Yaks one was honestly just meh. Nothing bad but nothing really stood out, especially compared to the amazing one just before. Fluttershy Leans was pretty average too. Parental Glideance was top tier tho. Thinking Starlight automatically makes an episode garbage is honestly some pretty narrow-minded thinking.
Background Pony #DD0B
So, there have been three episodes this season that I thought would be bad, but turned out to be good: Flurry of Emotions, Parental Glideance, and Royal Problem.

Anyone else surprised?
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Background Pony #83E2  
Most shows that don;t have a on going narrative/story I don’t set much in the way of expectation, just see how entertaining I find it.  
And with how FiM is I rarely think they will be bad and so I’m only surprised if there is a story running thought everything.
Background Pony #DBCD
This season has been pretty average, IMO. I use to be seriously hyped for the show, but I’m more casual about it nowadays. Seasons 1-4 were the best experiences of my life. After that… IDK. The quality balance lacked for me.

I use to hate Glimmer in season 5, but not anymore. I still don’t care about her, though. She’s pretty much the new Twilight while the actual Twilight is too PTSD for my taste nowadays and that disappoints me.

Anyway, my favorite episode from season 7 (so far): Fluttershy Leans I, Forever Filly, Parental Guidance, and Not Asking For Trouble.

Guilty Pleasure: Honest Apple
Oddball64

Normal is overrated
After watching Silver Quill’s recent video, I strongly agree that the map should be used by different ponies than just the mane six and Starlight. Because otherwise it’s a missed opportunity.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@Pepsi Twist  
I think it would have worked better if they set up other ponies being called by the map Before Starlight, (As well as explain why that happened) but you’ll get half of your wish I bet in To Change a Changeling since it seems highly likely Trixie and Starlight are going to be called.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide