The My Little Pony Movie

Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
A while back there was an audio recording from a convention with a scene from the movie. It involved Tempest Shadow and Storm King talking about his staff. The Art Book has revealed more info:
The staff is called “The Staff of Sacanas”, and he uses it to summon a super storm.
The art book reveals the staff is made from a piece of the Tree of Harmony.
In the recording, Storm King is angry at Tempest that the staff doesn’t work. She says it will work once she captures the Alicorns and channels their power into it, giving him control over all nature.
In an early version of the script, Tempest and Storm King took the staff from an elderly Scorpan during the prologue of the film. The prologue was changed, but I don’t know if they kept the same backstory for the staff or not.
Remains to be seen.

I guess Scorpan will return to the show.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Um, sure, except they aren’t fun at all :P

I don’t know, some people really seem fond of them.

I can see why they would cut Scorpan. He doesn’t look like he adds anything to the film other than to be a nice reference to the fans, and for a wider audience I’d rather they avoid that where possible. It could still be the case, and maybe they’ll show it later on in some other format.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Princess-Twilight

Depends, I’m sure quite a few people could use some time out….side.

Spoilers were pretty much inevitable, just wait till there’s an asset leak and we end up seeing “Redeemed” Edgy Tempest. INB4 pages of “I knew she’d be redeemed, even though it was painfully obvious” boasting.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide