Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #83E4
I noticed that you often criticize g4 compared to g5 so do you think the opposite it’s ok? someone criticizes the g5 comparing it to the g4 (something that many people already do but many g5 stans complains)
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #83E4
So, while I do compare the two a lot, my actual criticisms of G4 aren’t based on G5. I had a long, unconscious list of things I did and didn’t know I wanted a future generation to do differently, and G5 just happened to do a bunch of them. I would probably feel the same way about G4 even if there was no G5.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
My G4 criticisms aren’t based on G5 either. It just so happens that for years, fans always complained about G4. And then G4 was perfect when G5 came out despite flaws from it being carried over into G5 while improvements G5 made were ignored. Comparisons are inevitably going to be made, but it doesn’t change what I like and don’t like about G4. For example, I always liked reformed Starlight, never liked how her reformation was rushed, and Misty’s reformation being done far better than hers did nothing to change those views.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@CloudMistDragon
I personally didn’t think her reformation was that rushed. Immediately after she turned over a new leaf, it was clear that she didn’t understand how friendship worked and had trouble adjusting to her new life free from her ideology. One of her first focus episodes was about her using a spell that brainwashed her friends since she didn’t see how wrong it was and shows that she still has her villainy biases from her past.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
As fast as it happens, Starlight’s turn in Season 5 remains my favorite. The voice acting, the dialogue, the music, the setting, it all just clicks for me. Has the right amount of gravitas
Just Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Again
This fandom ignoring every problem of G4 to make G5 look bad is kind of like how people ignore the problems with Star Wars prequels to make the sequels look bad. Granted the sequels are pretty bad but still.
How many parallels do we have with the Star Wars fandom?!
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@WaynePonePone
Yeah, Disney’s Star Wars movies, they’re not good, that horse has been beaten into the ground enough. So why do people have to cut context and lie to make them look worse? The prequels, I appreciate more now, but I still see that they are filled with stupidity. Their stupidity is more funny bad as opposed to the more frustrating bad stupidity of the sequels, but I’m not going to fool myself with nostalgia goggles into thinking their problems are magically gone.
Also, fandom parallels aside, I’m sure people know how much I weary G5 getting compared to the Star Wars sequels. Like…even if I was one of the people who thought the Star Wars sequels were actually good, it would irritate me, since MLP is nothing like Star Wars the same way it’s nothing like Marvel or Lord of the Rings. Even if we’re just talking franchise mishandling comparisons, it’s inappropriate. Star Wars was bought out and driven into the ground by a megacorporation. MLP, on the other hand, has always been a cartoon meant to sell a corporation’s products.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@WaynePonePone
I never ignored the issues of G4. I just think it was overall better than G5, which has more issues. :P
@CloudMistDragon
Same as how the prequels have many issues, but are still overall better than the sequel trilogy. Which have even more issues.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
FiM had many issues. Especially late in the series. Starlight’s redemption, the student six, Discord being Grogar, a lot of OOC moments.
But G5 just feels so bland and lacking in soul. It feels corporate. Underdeveloped characters, Sparky, weird plots, one of the worst villains in MLP ever. Being set in the same universe as FiM for no real reason.
Just Wayne
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Again
I for one also enjoy Starlight’s turn. My favorite moment will always be “YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?! I’LL SHOW YOU!!”
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@TheQuietMan
Meh. It’s no different than PL. G5 has cute and memorable characters, and the interactions are fine. The writing is just not there.
@WaynePonePone
Her redemption arc in Season 6 and 7 I liked, but her reasoning for becoming evil was crap. No one is that realistically deranged that losing a friend makes you enslave a town of gullible ponies.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Tiger beetle
I’ve always thought Tirek would legitimately be the most likely to accept redemption of the 3.
But he’s not a hot bug lady or a cute golly so he’s never brought up except in the context of the Legion as a whole.
Just Wayne

Again
@Mikey
Starlight’s reasoning being bad is a common thing for people to think, but like no one else has any actual motivation for their actions. I mean what was Luna’s reason again? Oh no, ponies have to take rest during the night, a natural thing to do. Time to bless them with no more Vitamin D.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide